PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to wherever you are

DaphneMiller
09-15-2014, 04:02 PM
I was listening to an old Bon Jovi album (Have a Nice Day) the other day. I hadn't listened to it for ages. I'd always liked the song 'Welcome to Wherever you are', but after coming to terms with, and accepting crossdressing as a part of my life the lyrics have taken on a new and deeper meaning for me.

I'm probably just being a big softie, but listening to the lyrics actually brought a tear to my eye.
Just wondering if anyone else here knows the song, and what they think of it.

Daphne

x

Sarah Doepner
09-15-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't know the song but I do know there are other songs out there that have special and deep meaning for me. Sometimes our experience doesn't necessarily reflect what the songwriter intended, but it can resonate deeply. I'll have to give it a listen when I can and I just may find it works for me too. Thanks for sharing.

Marcelle
09-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Hi Daphne,

I don't know the song but I agree with Sarah that music has a way of touching us on both a primal level and in the meaning of the words which speak to us. I will have to search the song out and give it a listen. BTW nothing wrong with being a big softie.

Hugs

Isha

Kate Simmons
09-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Wherever I am I seem to fit in rather nicely. ;):)

Beverley Sims
09-16-2014, 03:47 AM
Daphne,
I do not know the song but I have a lot of other songs that take on new meanings when I think of them whilst dressed.
generally I just listen and appreciate a song for the memories it gives me when I first heard it.
"I enjoy being a girl" brings back a lot of memories as I mimed it in a Sunday talent quest and won the contest that night.

Teresa
09-16-2014, 04:19 AM
I don't know the song Daphne but one that cut me to ribbons for a long time was," Leaving on a Jet Plane " , it was a favorite of an ex GF and when we split up the words , " don't know when I'll be back again !" got me every time !!
Even when I hear it now what memories come flooding back !!

DaphneMiller
09-16-2014, 04:50 AM
Sometimes our experience doesn't necessarily reflect what the songwriter intended.

Ha ha... yeah, I'd wager serious money that whatever Jon Bon Jovi had in mind when he was writing the song, crossdressers wasn't one of them... :D

For anyone who hasn't heard the song, I'm pretty sure it's on youtube. I don't really want to watch it there, as seeing the video would probably change my perception of it.