PDA

View Full Version : Dining Out Is Getting Confusing

Aly Cat
09-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Tonight I ate dinner with a friend who i haven't seen in a few months. We went out to a Mexican restaurant and had a wonderful meal. The server didn't give me any strange looks or anything. All was normal.... Until the check came. She put both our meals on one check and gave it to my friend (who is male). He let her know we were paying separately and she gave him a funny look. She took both our cards and went to ring us up. A minute later, she walks up to me and discretely shows me my card and goes, "Is this you?" The card has my male name on it. She asked to verify ID and I showed her. She still didn't believe me Lol. In my DL picture, I am about 40lbs heavier and have lots of facial hair. It looks absolutely nothing like me now. Finally I had to slightly talk from my chest and lower my voice to a slightly male tone. She caught on real quick after that. She was still super polite and very kind. I just thought it was funny that I had fooled her so much Lol. It certainly makes me feel good about my transition!

Nadya
09-15-2014, 11:10 PM
Yay for good experiences!

Miss Interpretation
09-16-2014, 12:32 AM
That's amazing! Congratulations on your successful passing in public!

Rachelakld
09-16-2014, 02:34 AM
Such a cool story and hope there are a lot more in the future

Rhonda Darling
09-16-2014, 06:03 AM
Aly, that's funny. It begs the question, when are you going to take the leap and get your documents and ID in alignment with who you are? Now THAT will be an affirming event.

Your cheering squad are all behind you, lovin' every minute of your fabulous transitioning experience.

Rhonda

Krisi
09-16-2014, 06:11 AM
Why not go ahead and get your drivers license photo changed?

BTW: It's usually easier on the server if you tell him or her about the seperate checks when you order your food.

kimdl93
09-16-2014, 06:38 AM
Probably time to start getting new identification!

BLUE ORCHID
09-16-2014, 06:41 AM
Hi Aly, It sounds like you passed the test.

Beverley Sims
09-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Aly,
For me that shows progress!