PDA

View Full Version : Hormone Shots

ellieparsons
09-16-2014, 05:43 AM
Yesterday i had my HRT appt with my doctor, we decided on injections. The crappy part was when i went to get the scripts filled, they had everything except my estrogen shot vials, which i have to wait till this afternoon, then go back to the doctors to show me how to do the shots, this will be a long two days of waiting. The good part is that everything was covered by my insurance, just had to pay a small copay amount. But its finally happening and i've waited 33 yrs for this and i think i can wait another 2 days.

I Am Paula
09-16-2014, 06:37 AM
Congratulations, and the short wait will soon be history. On a similar note- When I finally got my scrip, I ran to WalMart pharmacy, elated. The pharmacist looked at the scribbles, and said 'I'm sorry, I can't read this, I'll have to call your Doctor.' Anyway, the Dr. couldn't be reached, and I had to wait til the next day. I always wondered how pharmacists figure out Drs. writing...sometimes they don't!

Rachel Smith
09-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Congrats Ellie

ellieparsons
09-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Had my first estrogen shot today, so the journey begins, super excited and cant wait for the changes to begin.

JohnH
09-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Ellie,

You may have soreness in your thigh after about the second day after the shot. That is what I experience. An acquaintance of mine who is injecting testosterone (he is a genetic male) has the same experience.

Johanna Anna

MonicaJean
09-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Congratulations Ellie! Please keep us posted on your progress!