PDA

View Full Version : Snapy replies

Rhanda
09-16-2014, 06:26 PM
I was at a business gathering the other night. I always wear high heels. They are very comfortable for me. A guy asked me about why I had on heels. I just thought of a snappy answer and blurted it out. "I usually wear high heels but thought it more appropriate to wear something a little lower this evening." I was wearing four inch heels at the time. There was a loud gufaw from my host because she knew that what I said was exactly true.

If you have a cute turn off to share, let's hear it.

Rhanda

Genifer Teal
09-16-2014, 06:36 PM
At 6'4" people often comment with amazement about my height. Depending on my mood I often reply with something like - You should see me in heels. Their reactions are precious when they percieve me as a guy.

Ressie
09-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Sounds like you're just a bit south of my area Rhanda. I was at a weddiong in Fort Wayne saturday. I was wearing a cotton suede sport coat and when the bride gave me a hug she said, "oh, your soft, your jacket is nice". I said, "do you want it?" I was taken back at her reply. "We can switch!" Her wedding dress was beautiful BTW.

Donnagirl
09-16-2014, 07:50 PM
When asked why I pierced my ears I always reply that clip-ons hurt too much. Definately kills any further questions!!!

cdinmd206
09-16-2014, 08:13 PM
This is not about CDing per se, but along the lines of a snappy comeback.I have a friend of the female type that is 6'2". Whenever someone says "My you are tall, do you play basketball?" To which she replies, "No, but you are shorter than me, do you play miniature golf?"
It is amazing how many people get insulted by her comeback

BLUE ORCHID
09-16-2014, 08:41 PM
(( Do you play miniature golf, )) :daydreaming: That's a good one I'll have to use that one.

docrobbysherry
09-16-2014, 10:58 PM
It's been years since someone commented about me buying fem items in a store. (I always shop in drab).

While standing in the checkout line, a guy behind me commented on the heels I was buying, "You'll look good in those", he cracked loudly. My answer, "Do u really think so? I wasn't sure they would go with my complexion." He laffed and shut up. I would have been VERY defensive had I been dressed!

LelaK
09-17-2014, 12:37 AM
My snappy replies go something like: "Oh, uh."

Teresa
09-17-2014, 04:57 AM
I suffer from arthritis in my big toes as does my sister in law, she came to see us recently and my wife commented on the height of her heels on her wedges ! She replied that the angle helps ease the pain , I abesently minded said , " Oh yes it does ! " I quickly changed the subject and offered to make coffee ! My wife and her sister exchanged odd glances and started talking about the grandchildren !

Krisi
09-17-2014, 07:49 AM
When people ask about my (pierced small gold ball) earrings I tell them they are not earrings, they are cell phone amplifiers.

tammie
09-19-2014, 04:12 PM
HI Luvs: Next time just say "because going barefoot hurts my feet"