PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find this funny?

Tracy Hazel Lee
09-16-2014, 10:30 PM
I was reading Jaymees post about telemarketers and it reminded me of how funny I find it to talk on the phone with people that have no idea that I dress, but while I am dressed. Especially when there's a mirror I can look in while I'm talking. Always puts a smile on my face. :heehee:

Princess29
09-16-2014, 10:42 PM
a few times I've been out dressed and my parents (who don't know about Melissa) have called and I'm glad that they cant see me at that point

Isabella Ross
09-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Tracy, I do the same...it is funny! But I also use skype a lot with my home-based business...really have to stay focused so that I don't answer a skype call en femme...

JayeLefaye
09-16-2014, 11:29 PM
What I find funny, is that for decades, I've often been mistaken for a woman while talking to telemarketers, etc, but in person, I'm paranoid that my voice will clock me...Go figure.

But yeah, thank heavens that when they call, these days, I'm the only one who can see me.

Jaye

Marcelle
09-17-2014, 03:45 AM
Hi Tracy,

I never thought about it quite like that as I have been dressed about to go out and my work cell phone rang. Picked it up and answered in my male voice all the time dressed pretty.

Hugs

Isha

Talisker
09-17-2014, 04:07 AM
I don't do a girly voice and don't have a problem. Sometimes make people jump when answer mobile phone with male voice sat somewhere quietly en femme. I do wonder if they can hear the "shit it's a guy" at the other end.

Teresa
09-17-2014, 04:49 AM
Tracy It's a good job I don't have a video of me when I answer the phone sometimes ! From only having one form in, to having one stocking round my ankle !
The funniest one I had recently was from our phone and internet provider, "TalkTalk ", I'd just varnished the last finger and trying not to smuge them when the sales girl rang from TalkTalk ! I let her go on for a minute or so then replied I'm sorry but it's not possible to talktalk right now my varnish isn't dry ! I'm sure the sound I heard was the girl falling off her stool ! She spluttered back through giggles I'll call at a more appropiate time !

Krisi
09-17-2014, 07:55 AM
I screen my calls so I don't talk to telemarketers.

Jaylyn
09-17-2014, 08:04 AM
What I find hard is talking with the fake longer nails on. I have the hardest time holding that dang I phone with them. It's also hard for me to call with the longer nails. I do though sometimes feel a tinge of guilt when I'm fully dressed and my best friend calls. He is as red neck about any thing like what I am doing and would probably never speak to me again if he knew Jaylyn was on the other end talking to him. I just feel almost like a traitor being dressed and visiting him.

ArleneRaquel
10-04-2014, 12:34 AM
For many years my voice has been mistaken for a females voice when I am on the phone with a telemarketers. I just love it when that happens. It makes my day.

5150 Girl
10-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Oh yea... I get Mam'ed on the phone all the time.

NicoleScott
10-04-2014, 09:43 AM
I was on vacation, driving dressed, when my mom called. (Yay for me. I pulled over to answer). When she asked "what's that?" I realized that it was my dangling (is that a word?) earrings that she heard. I quieted them and said "I don't hear anything".

Sarah Beth
10-04-2014, 09:47 AM
We have a blocker on our phone so we don't get calls from telemarketers. I have been dressed and been on the phone various people and wondered what they would think if they knew I was dressed. One of the best times was when on of my wife's sisters called (I don't like her and normally don't talk to her) my wife wasn't home so she was telling me all this stuff I couldn't have cared less about then she got all wound up about having to wait on a customer in the fabric store she worked in who was transgendered. I was thinking and yeah what if you knew what I was wearing and at the same time how horribly bigoted and what an awful person she is.

sometimes_miss
10-04-2014, 09:14 PM
I was on vacation, driving dressed, when my mom called. (Yay for me. I pulled over to answer). When she asked "what's that?" I realized that it was my dangling (is that a word?) earrings that she heard. I quieted them and said "I don't hear anything".

I've had that happen a few times too. I just blame it on a bad connection. I love the feeling of dangling earrings on my neck, and the sound they make, too.

Tracii G
10-04-2014, 10:19 PM
I love messing with telemarketers.
I'll answer the phone in my female voice and if they ask to speak to the man of the house I say OK then wait a sec and say hello in my female voice again.
I have answered in my guy voice like I am drunk as a skunk a few times.
Even tried to make a date with a female telemarketer.

Kris Avery
10-04-2014, 10:56 PM
I work from home, and conduct business calls all day long.
For some odd reason, I am not wanting to add video calling to our team. :heehee:

Beverley Sims
10-05-2014, 12:57 AM
I use a deep voice and tell them I am undergoing the change.
It is surprising how many have cotton wooll in their mouths.