PDA

View Full Version : One of those days

dominique
09-17-2014, 05:54 AM
Well I've just had a mixed day dressing wise. Got dressed as normal but had to phone my telephone company. So I phoned them explained what my problem was. This call lasted nearly 30 mins. By the time I'd finished my call, the excitement of being dressed totally disappeared and I felt very flat after it. Don't know what happened when on the phone. Maybe I wasn't in the mood before I got dressed or just got dressed for dressing sakes don't know. Who knows.

Kate Simmons
09-17-2014, 06:04 AM
Welcome to a woman's world Hon. They get dressed every morning too but usually don't get excited by it.:battingeyelashes::)

Amanda L.
09-17-2014, 06:19 AM
Yeah that happens. I know how much enjoyment I would NORMALLY get but lack total motivation and interest.
Care factor = ZERO
That's it!
I'm outta here

Katey888
09-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Telephone companies can have that effect, Dominique... (And utility companies, and local authorities, and banks... :Pullhair:)

I can feel that way, dressed or not... best cure for me...? Retail therapy!!! :yahoo:

Actually - eBay therapy really... There are some great costume jewellery bargains to be had from China... and it doesn't cost a fortune, but you do have to wait about 2 weeks for the stuff to arrive... which works if you're as old as me because by then you've forgotten what you ordered so it's a complete surprise... :lol:

Just go with the feeling... it'll probably get better soon... :hugs:

Katey x

BLUE ORCHID
09-17-2014, 07:10 AM
Hi Dominique, Sometimes things like that can sure take the fun out of dressing, but tomorrow is another day.

CarlaWestin
09-17-2014, 07:15 AM
So, imagine that you can only resolve things at the phone company's business office and your service is free for a year if you arrive dressed to impress!

Krisi
09-17-2014, 07:42 AM
"dressing" doesn't mean you stop living your life to prance around in your bedroom. Get dressed, then do what needs to be done (within reason of course). Pay bills, clean the house, do the laundry, sort your personal papers, anything a woman (or a man) would normally do.

Eringirl
09-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Hi Dominique: Ya, that can happen...but I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone is different and for some, it has and ebb and flow. (but as Katey said, any interaction with the telephone company can you leave you flat. Try dealing with Bell !! :wall: When I dress, I just go about my usual business for the day, just feel waaaay much better about myself doing it. So, do some work, do some cooking, out to do errands like get gas, go to the bank, groceries, etc. or "retail therapy" a la Katey. :dance:

Erin

Isabella Ross
09-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Erin, you should try dealing with Telus! Anyhow, Dominique, this has happened to me. I think that, as a part-timer, I choose my times to dress carefully because I never want it to be the dreary routine that it is for my wife on work days. So I tend to plan my dressing days somewhat in advance, and look forward to them with a great deal of anticipation. Sometimes, something comes along to steal the thunder. Phone companies, for instance.

Beverley Sims
09-18-2014, 12:11 PM
Dominique,
I think you forget you are dressed due to the stress of the situation at the time and a little guilt creeps in.
As you evolve in your dressing this feeling does dissipate.

Wildaboutheels
09-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Clearly your phone call was not resolved to your satisfaction?

And it put you in [at least] a "sour" mood is an easy guess.

Likely would have happened regardless of how you were dressed.

How many minutes of that 30 were spent endlessly pushing buttons going in circles and /or listening to crummy music?

I am totally convinced those robot answering systems are actually designed to get people to just give up out of frustration and hang up before ever getting a Human on the phone.

Whenever I call a business and a real Human actually answers, I thank them profusely. It's so rare today and actually puts me in a good mood and possibly them.