PDA

View Full Version : Slimming Club

joanne51
09-17-2014, 06:06 PM
I've just returned to our local group of a slimming club with my SO to try and reduce both our weights.

What made me chuckle inside was when the lady running the group made reference to being not so much focused on the weekly weight loss (or gain), but feeling good about getting into a smaller size dress or 'smaller waist size in trousers'.

The smaller trousers is fine, but I'm more interested in looking good in a smaller size dress or skirt.
Not exactly high on every guy's list of reasons for going, but then we are not like every other guy!

Jorja
09-17-2014, 06:38 PM
It doesn't matter what their excuse may be. By all means... looking good in a smaller dress or skirt is a must! :)

Beverley Sims
09-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Joanne I like your reasoning, that's the spirit.

joanne51
09-20-2014, 07:11 AM
I'm quite hooked on finding out what is my natural size without the flab. When I was a lot younger I had almost an hourglass figure. I'm sure age has put paid to a return to that, but at least it will be fun to see what shape I can achieve.

Marcelle
09-20-2014, 07:28 AM
Hi Joanne,

Whatever the reason for slimming down . . . being healthy is a good thing.

Hugs

Isha

Jaylyn
09-20-2014, 07:45 AM
Just slimming down for anyone seems to be a hindrance for many health issues. It makes it easier though that your SO is also going with you. Working out is high on what my doctor said was a secret to a longer life with smaller complications init. Watch the diet and live longer. Bad habits had to go also. I'm wishing you success on the new you. Stay focused and you will slim down. Good luck.

StarrOfDelite
09-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Congratulations to you and your SO on having the oomph! to get started on a weight loss plan. I'm pretty sure that statistics show that weight loss results are more dramatic and more permanent when you have a support group. As a words of caution, remember that losing weight is almost easier than keeping it off. Many people regain everything that they lost plus another 10 or 15 percent within a year of finishing the weight loss program. You have to change your lifestyle, exercise and eating, long term.

docrobbysherry
09-20-2014, 12:32 PM
What Star said. In my experience diets don't work in the long run. Change your eating habits gradually.

If u lose a pound a month you're going in the rite direction. Lose a pound a week? That's 52 pounds a year and may be too much too fast. Just do small things, like switch beer for wine, etc., one at a time.

When I began my "lose the flab" program, I noticed my weight plateaud at certain places. My body seemed to need to stabilize at the new lower weights before I could successfully lose more. Now that I've reached my goal weight? I can binge, party, go on cruises with no issues. Because I easily drop those extra pounds now that I'm stabilized at that goal weight. And, have been for 5+ years.