PDA

View Full Version : Handling high stress situations

Talisker
09-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Many, myself included, say that CDing reduces overall background stress levels but I was wondering if it also improves your ability to handle acute high stress situations and think clearly in them as well.

For many on here, myself included, going out for the first time en femme or first real interaction etc was exciting but also stressful. Its also easy to get yourself into some stressful situations... late night near pubs with drunk guys etc... or you see someone you recognise etc. But in such situations you need to think clearly about the best course of action and make sure from the outside it looks natural even though your heart is pumping on the inside. Anyway after a few of such incidents and thinking about them later I found I have got better at this. Also is assessing more accurately probability of other people taking certain actions.... which direction will they go, will they read you in this light etc

So finally to the main point. For me CD has helped to not just reduce general background stress levels but also perform and think more clearly under high stress situations. Now this has been particularly helpful when trading stocks where not panicing, thinking clearly after gaining / losing a years salary in a day and assessing probabilities is vitally important.

Just me ?

paula1911
09-17-2014, 07:04 PM
For me, the stress of the day is gone when i get home and be myself. When I get really stressed during the workday or any other time the last thing on my mind is getting dressed. But I don't go out dressed as I cannot risk being seen for business reasons. But I always think clearly in stressful times. I think its human nature.

PattiL
09-17-2014, 07:46 PM
I think it helps me cope with stress and my job is high stress. On really bad days I don't have any desire but on just about every other day the desire is there. I do think it helps me think more clearly.

JoannaCD
09-17-2014, 07:47 PM
It sounds like your CDing was causing high stress situations,but as you go out more you are becoming more comfortable and the stress is going away. I don't see how that applies to other stressful situations but if it does, great. I trade stocks too, but at home and obviously not at the level that you are so unless the market crashes or an individual stock tumbles, the level of stress that I have is not like yours. That said, I get comfort from the feeling that panties, heels and hose give as I sit in front of the screen

kimdl93
09-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Here's one thing I will acknowledge. After summoning up the resolve to go out into daylight, meet neighbors, shop, travel and get auto repairs en femme, I find that most other situations are well within my capacity.

Kate Simmons
09-17-2014, 08:52 PM
I handle most situations pretty much the same. I don't consider any stressful per se but just maybe a bit more difficult than most.:battingeyelashes::)

Beverley Sims
09-18-2014, 08:45 PM
I still get uncomfortable in certain surroundings and situations.
My adrenalin countdoes go up quite unexpectedly at times.
It seems odd to me that it does it when I am least expecting it.

LelaK
09-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Yeah, it's just you. No one else here can afford to lose a year's salary in a day. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Talisker
09-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Yeah, it's just you. No one else here can afford to lose a year's salary in a day. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
Its happened during the financial crisis but I certainly cant afford to do it many days in a row.
Unless you know everyones financial situation I not sure you can speak for them all.

Hugs

sometimes_miss
09-19-2014, 11:00 PM
On the contrary, external stress decreases my subconscious ability to suppress the desire to crossdress.