PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I have that outfit!

abby054
09-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Have you ever encountered a woman who is wearing an outfit that you could completely duplicate from among your pretty things?

The past few days, I have been working my email in the lobby of a major Pittsburgh hotel. (The fee for in-room Internet is steep, but the lobby wireless is free. Perfect for a cheap a** like me.) I have a front row seat here to quite a fashion show of today's ladies' business attire. On several occasions, both here and walking around town, I have observed women who are wearing outfits that I can duplicate from my wardrobe, two of them with items that I have with me. One of them, I could even duplicate everything from shoes to jewelry to hairstyle.

This started happening to me in the past year or two with increasing frequency. I am hoping that this is a good thing.

Has this happened to you? Just the clothes or did it include shoes, jewelry, or even hairstyle? Did you wear the outfit before you saw it on someone else? Or did you go back to your wardrobe later and try it on?

~Abby

Jaylyn
09-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Lol yep I know what you mean every time my wife wears certain tops I think ummmm I was wearing that exact same one just the other day. She and I can wear the same tops... Heels are about the only thing we can't share and just a few of her tops are to tight on me. In reference to your post though I did see a women wearing her heels that were identical to a pair I have once.

susan54
09-18-2014, 04:17 PM
I bumped into an ex and she was wearing a dress by a fairly scarce brand in Scotland - Adini - and I had that exact dress.

Kris Avery
09-18-2014, 05:35 PM
If I bumped into an ex, and she had something I also owned. I'd immediately BURN it as soon as I got home.
Ewww bad luck. :devil:

Annaliese
09-18-2014, 05:41 PM
I was wearing a sweater one day in class, and one of my students had the same sweater. She never wore it again, but I did

Charla McBee
09-18-2014, 07:08 PM
I once saw a woman I know wearing one of the dresses I own, my only more formal one. It was one of those rare occasions where I was glad to be a man because were I a woman, we'd have probably been wearing the exact same outfit that day. :doh: That could have been embarrassing. I think I would have made a better choice in shoes though. :battingeyelashes:

Connie.Marie
09-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Hey there Abby,

I've had 2 similar experiences..

I bought a loose fitting purplish-blue top. And then over the course of the next 6 months, 2 women in the office I work in, wore the exact same top.

The other was a bit weirder (is that a word?). I was at home working in the office for a week, my wife also worked. I didn't have many clothes so Monday I wore one of my wife's dresses. She choose to wear it on Tuesday. Her dress that I wore on Tuesday, she wore on Wednesday. What I wore on Wednesday, she wore on Thursday.. and guess what, She wore on Friday what I had worn on Thursday... I've always wondered what the odds were of this happening or was she trying to send me a message? Hmmm.

Hugs, Connie Marie

vicky_cd99_2
09-18-2014, 07:30 PM
My wife and I were out with my brother and his girl at the time. She was wear a pair of wedges that I have. I looked at my wife and just smiled . If they only knew.

Abbyru1
09-18-2014, 07:50 PM
I see outfits that I can easily copy from my wardrobe a lot. Some are very close and require simple changes that look just as good.

Krisi
09-19-2014, 07:46 AM
My wife and I were at a restaurant and a woman (I suppose a manager) was walking around asking people if they were enjoying their meals). She was wearing a blouse that was the same as one I had recently purchased. My wife and I both noticed it. I considered telling her that I owned the same blouse but I though the better of it.

Beverley Sims
09-19-2014, 11:06 AM
I have felt flattered within myself when I see someone else wearing clothing that I have in my wardrobe.
I always take a hard look to see if she wears it better than I.
More often than not women wear it better than I could ever hope to achieve. :)

Stephanie47
09-19-2014, 11:53 AM
I see more dresses on women that I would love to own. I see some really nice ensembles on this site in the picture segment. I wish the posters would indicate the label and where she bought the dress. Even if it is purchase from a second hand store I'd love to find a duplicate on eBay.

carhill2mn
09-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Yes, a good friend of mine in our church choir sometimes wears the same twin set that I have.

Alice Torn
09-19-2014, 12:20 PM
YES! At a singles club dance about 8 yrs ago, a guy, and his date where there, and she had an exact same dress that i found at a thrift store, and wore outside my second day outing. It made me a little nervous! It was a black and white sleeveless dress, and here is a pic of mine. She filled the same dress a bit better than i did, though, and I imagined myself in that dress, with a guy dancing with me, like she was!

MariaA
09-19-2014, 12:22 PM
A few times at the club I have seen women wearing the same heels or the same outfit I purchased from the store. I like to think I am doing something right or that I have decent taste. At least I hope so. LOL

kimdl93
09-19-2014, 12:48 PM
come to think of it, no, it hasn't. Similarities in the styles selected for a particular venue but not the exact thing.