PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes life is good...sometimes.

Aleca
09-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Ever since the disturbing Robin Williams incident last month that has forced me to think and do the things in life that make me happy, even if it goes against the grain of other's wishes and it ain't easy or even natural for me to be selfish. I made a list of things I need to do to have inner peace and continually getting out and or dressing up was top on the list. One goal was to visit/ contact our local Transgender Resource Center to ask if I could volunteer. We here in Albuquerque have one of the not many dedicated solely to that in the whole country. I visited en drab, which heck that is at least being around kin folks. I had to force myself, talk out my negative thoughts to go but I did. I was nervous when I got there, nervous while I was there and nervous when I left but I made it there and they thought at first I was the computer guy/ geek who was coming to fix their machines, so I said yes I was, started working on the computers while talking to folks. Met a lot of nice people there, almost 20 people, mostly young including two homeless men (in there to use the internet). Open house though, everybody welcome and made friends with a F2M young male in transistion. Not at all what I was expecting. I haven't felt that much love, not at church, not even at home. The story here is just to get out, surround yourself with kinfolks. Even if it's done in drab, for a while at least that's o.k. Anyways thought I would share...

LelaK
09-19-2014, 12:58 AM
they thought at first I was the computer guy/ geek who was coming to fix their machines, so I said yes I was, started working on the computers while talking to folks

That's pretty funny.

Tania75
09-19-2014, 06:08 AM
Congratulations. I think the main thing is to be genuine, and do it with a positive attitude and a smile on your face.
A smile and a positive attitude breaks a lot of boundaries.

CarlaWestin
09-19-2014, 07:11 AM
Aleca, thank you very much. You've reminded me of an insight I'd almost forgotten. What a wonderful way to explain to my wife that we need to just enjoy everyday with what makes us happy.

Eringirl
09-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Due to life events about 20 years ago, my mantra is " Life is short and you're dead a long time"....
be happy...