PDA

View Full Version : Ironic

Marleena
09-19-2014, 10:00 AM
My son had a doctor's appointment recently to get a testosterone shot. So I decided to get some prescriptions that were low. So he had me in one room and my son in the other. I said to him it's kinda weird you have my son here wanting to get his T levels up and I want mine down. He had a chuckle over that, so I'm sure that made his day. I'm his only TG patient so I'm breaking him in.:)

My son has had issues since puberty when he had breast development and needed reduction surgery to get them looking normal again. Nobody ever followed up and his T levels remained low. So recently he found it out it will be a lifelong issue. So I did ask if he was transgender or felt female and he said no. I feel bad for him but at least it's fixable. No... he doesn't know about me (wife's wishes) and I know I need to tell him eventually. I'm sure he'll get it though.

Sometimes life is ironic.

becky77
09-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Isn't that just Sods law! This guy Sod has a lot to answer for.

Truly ironic.

kimdl93
09-19-2014, 10:05 AM
That's the very height of irony!

Persephone
09-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Definitely ironic!

I have one of my own going too. At least two of my male friends, fairly macho types, turn out to have low T and need suppliments. Even on a Finasteride/Spiro cocktail my T was still through the roof! I could have transfused the two of them and still had plenty left!

Definitely makes me believe in a Diety that has a sense of humor!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Marleena
09-19-2014, 12:52 PM
@ Persephone. Hormone imbalances seem more common than I thought.

My son lived with my ex but I remember him getting the surgery done and the gross drainage tubes. I guess the doctor thought the problem was solved but my son was always complaining working out at the gym wasn't helping his strength so he searched the internet for answers.

All I know is I'd trade him hormone issues in a heartbeat.

kimdl93
09-25-2014, 06:27 AM
It's interesting to hear about the impact testosterone has on strength. I worked out in the gym for years trying to bulk up...I did fairly well, but I never gained muscle mass in proportion to the frequency and intensity of my workout routines. Maybe it was low t...we never thought to check!

Marleena
09-25-2014, 06:37 AM
It's quite possible you were experiencing the same problem Kim. I remember him being frustrated his workouts weren't doing much. I guess the doctors figured his issues were related to puberty (common) and never did follow up on it.

kimdl93
09-25-2014, 06:42 AM
It may be. I also had and still have rather fine, thin and light facial and body hair. My arms and legs in particular.

chelseababy
09-25-2014, 06:49 AM
The amount of conversations I've had with guys who wish they could grow a beard like mine :(

If only we could swap attributes with other people lol

Marleena
09-25-2014, 07:14 AM
Chelsea, I haven't told my son yet (wife's wishes) but I'm sure he'll see the irony in it, as if our maker got it backwards with us.

DeeDee1974
09-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Would have been more ironic if your wife was going for the T shot. Lol.

My ex-wife was 100% Italian and although she dyed her hair blonde she actually had very dark brown hair. She could actually grow a few chest hairs. Not many I mean like 5. She went to get waxed religiously. After we had been dating around six months her job sent her to India for almost 2 months. While she was there she didn't have any of her waxing appointments. She took care of her facial hair, but nothing else. When she got back it seemed like forever since we had been together and she was frisky. When she took off her clothes she had grown a strip of hair from her pelvic area to her belly button. At least as much hair as I had grown in the same area in my entire life.

Kinda made me wonder how much testosterone she had. In reality she is a very feminine in appearance, but her success in the corporate world makes me wonder if there's a correlation.

Marleena
09-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Never thought of it that way DeeDee. No idea about your wife and I refuse to go there.:)

LeaP
09-25-2014, 03:39 PM
There is no correlation between gender identity and adult sex hormone levels. Male identity is determined by prenatal masculinization of the brain by estrogen and fixed by postnatal period and pubertal androgen exposure.

Marleena
09-25-2014, 04:28 PM
My son is proof of that Lea. It would just have been easier for me had my levels been low instead and better for him if he had my normal male levels of T.

KellyJameson
09-25-2014, 09:07 PM
Breast development at puberty is traumatic and I sympathize with your son for what he went through. This happened to my brother along with undescended testicles.

He has been on Testosterone since he turned eleven but still the absence of testosterone has left its mark with the total absence of body hair and small in stature (5'3")

I was paying for electrolysis and growing breasts while he wanted body hair and the elimination of breasts and he paid for "Testis Prosthesis" so I get the whole ironic thing. You can imagine what he thought of my transitioning. Needless to say we don't talk much or see eye to eye on many things.

His problem is weight. He can't stop with the junk food and lack of exercise.

The last few years have really taught me about the power of hormones and I have become fascinated by the subject, including testosterone.

He (your son) can strongly affect his testosterone levels by lifestyle choices. We are swimming in chemicals that mimic estrogen and it is affecting both men and women.

I agree with Lea in that we are created in the womb. I have a suspicion that there is going to be an explosion in the numbers of transsexuals being born as more and more woman are affected chemically by the environment they live in combined with lifestyle choices

Even though it is simplisitic to put it this way my mother was high testosterone low estrogen during her pregnancies with both me and my brother and in general she is high testosterone relative to other woman. As I was growing up she would say she had a 6'2" man living inside her so gender dysphoria runs deep in my weird family.

The difference between my brother is he favored his father genetically and I'm an exact copy of my mother. You cannot even see any resemblance between my father and me. Everyone thought my mother and I were twins when I was a teenager, we look so much alike.

I strongly believe that gender identity is physically created because I have lived the nightmare and if it was possible to undo it I would have succeeded.

The brain may be adaptable and plastic but at your core you remain the same regardless, and thats where gender lives.