PDA

View Full Version : Who else gets turned off by this ?

Natasha V
09-19-2014, 12:10 PM
I keep seeing ads for dresses for men and bras for men, Well that's really a turn off for me I want to wear clothes and accessories made for Women not something improvised to fit a man. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

hope springs
09-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Does seem odd since the whole point is emulating GGs

GingerSeti
09-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Well,, Maybe so, but some things made for men in the female role seem to work better that the female version. I use a gaff, which I know works far better than womens panties. They just don't do a decent job of holding things in for long duration dressing. (Especially dancing!) Who really wants to fool around with tape , which I find very irritating. Panties over the gaff are ok and fit the need but can get hot. Everything else female seems to work fine on me though and I would prefer that.
G

Vanessa5
09-19-2014, 12:30 PM
I still would prefer the feminine touch only womens clothing can bring me. It may be for a man but is it lacy? Does it have satin or silk? And the dresses? Do they look feminine at all? (No I haven't seen them) Just curious to know.

Jamie001
09-19-2014, 12:33 PM
The problem with creating these garments for men is that the designers will attempt to masculinize them and they will undoubdtly only be available in the standard male colors of black, dark blue, brown, or gray.

bridget thronton
09-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Not sure turn off is my reaction. Everyone is different and has their own opinions on clothing. If I saw a dress that fits (and I liked it) would not matter if it was made for men.

docrobbysherry
09-19-2014, 12:34 PM
Unfortunately, not all of us fit well in clothes cut for women, Natasha. However, I'm skinny and fortunate enuff to be able to replicate female figures. So, I only buy women's things. Much cheaper and their style is always authentic!

Ginger, I'm glad your gaff works for u. But, I have no problem holding my tuck thru a long nite of dancing with tite, lycra/nylon panties. I wear 2 small pair backward and never, ever worry about fall out!

Tape? Ewwwwww!

kimdl93
09-19-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm certainly not interested in male versions of women's clothes. What would be the point?

BeckyAnderson
09-19-2014, 12:45 PM
I think it's a good idea....If it works to get society to buy into men wearing dresses and bra's and such then let them advertise all they want. Besides, if it were to become a viable style, who would be able to tell if it's a man's dress or a woman's dress that you are wearing? In fact, no one would care what we had on. Just a couple of cents worth :battingeyelashes:

Nikki A.
09-19-2014, 12:45 PM
If the man bra enhanced and shaped better than a woman's bra and still had the tactile feel I might consider it. A dress is a dress, if it fits better and it is attractive to me I would consider it also. However if its tailored to a mans shape I doubt I would like the fit.

Natasha V
09-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Thank you for all the great replies, That is so true if it gets rid of the taboo that others have about us then your absolutely right advertise away I however will stick to buying my 100% female attire. I don't worry much about gaff. Thank you

Anna H
09-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Do the men dresses come in pink....with little hearts or kitties printed
on them? I may take a look in that case.

lol!

Natasha V
09-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Yes they have all prints and colors just made in male patterns to hide belly or enhance female shape .

AllieSF
09-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Seems like a win-win for MtF CD's. One complains about the lack of variety in men's clothing, thus forcing them to wear women's clothing, then, when someone makes some feminine clothing to fit the male physique, they complain again. Go figure. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck ....?, i.e. the final presentation is feminine with a good fit, why complain??

Natasha V
09-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Sorry hun but you have it wrong first no one is forcing me to wear female attire I do so with my own free will I just prefer that its actually made for women. If I wanted male skirts I would simply buy some kilt and elevator shoes instead of heels. I want to feel authentic wearing real female attire not a gimmick wearing something similar. Thank you.

Kate Simmons
09-19-2014, 01:44 PM
I guess some guys figure that way they can have their cake and eat it too without being called a "crossdresser" since the stuff is made for men. :doh: Whatever! :battingeyelashes::)

Nadine Spirit
09-19-2014, 01:45 PM
The clothing is something I can do that expresses how I feel inside. I feel like a mix of male and female. And mixing up my clothes reflects how I view myself and allows others to see it as well.

So would I wear a dress marketed for men, possibly, if I liked it. But I wouldn't be all like, oh yeah, now I don't have to wear female clothes! Nope I would still wear female clothing items that everyone would be clear that it was made for a woman.

Does that make any sense? Lately I just don't know anymore!!!!!

Tina_gm
09-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Interesting.... some CDers often complain and feel frustrated about not being able to wear certain articles of clothing they prefer which are womens (dresses, skirts, heels) then along comes mens dresses and other articles and some CDers are now complaining about these mens versions of dresses and stuff. For some, maybe it isn't about the type of clothing... but of who it is designed for??

vallerie lacy
09-19-2014, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't say that it turns me off. But I would say women's clothing, with all it's feminine allure turns me on, especially when I have it on.

Isabella Ross
09-19-2014, 02:15 PM
I absolutely agree, Natasha. Completely turns me off, and would never purchase anything like this.

Kris Avery
09-19-2014, 02:23 PM
Hmm.
I guess I have never seen that kind of stuff. Anyone care to post a link?

Here is an odd idea: I think that we should all just wear silver metallic lycra body stockings like you see those aliens wearing on bad late night sci-fi.
You know -- a bit like Katie's hot pants in gold. I do love those pants girl ;) :devil:

It would be like a base layer - they we can just accessorize the outfit :D Happy Friday everyone!

lexivanderpump
09-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Natasha,
I agree with you. Its such a turn off to me as well. I purposely want to wear womens clothes! As a matter of fact, my wife once suggested for me to buy "speedo" type underwear instead of panties. YUK!
In addition, I love the feeling of being in a womans clothing store and shopping amongst GGs. Just do.

Love,
Lexi V.

Stephanie47
09-19-2014, 04:12 PM
The only thing I would consider wearing that is not pants made for men are kilts made for men. Wearing a dress or bra made for a man leaves a little to be desired-like the femininity of women's clothing. Hot pink lacy bra made for a man? I don't think so.

Yoshisaur
09-19-2014, 04:22 PM
It's also a turn-off for me, I just don't find the male form to be attractive. i'm trying to look as feminine as possible so seeing a muscular guy in female clothes doesn't make me want those clothes.

Natasha V
09-19-2014, 04:36 PM
You are 100% right on with the fun it is to shop amongst gg that gives me the extra adventure of feeling truly feminine.
Thank you
I am now off to get me a well deserved pedicure I hope I have guts to pic a color instead of shying away with clear. Jiji.

karynspanties
09-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Where are these ads? I have never seen anything of the such.

phylis anne
09-19-2014, 05:50 PM
I saw the same type of add on ebay , but in looking at the panty pic I do not see the difference unless it is their depth. I too like designed for women clothes especially panties as so many have said they are more comfy than the male types :hugs: phylis anne

suchacutie
09-19-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm a bit confused by this thread. Are we talking about feminine clothes NOT for crossdressers?

Since the male body is not built the same, things like placement of the waist and corset measurements are probably best altered for the male form, for most of us. Those places that serve our community and are trying to generate the best fit for the body we have are probably helping many of us look good in our clothing, if you like the styles they sell. So far I've only bought a bra from places that advertise in this arena, but it really did fit well! I've had it for almost a decade!

jeank
09-19-2014, 06:24 PM
I'm also confused - are you talking about materials or sizes?

If it's materials, then OK, but sizes, well then - my biggest problem in finding some thing to fit is HIPS. I don't have them. I am a size 20 top and waist and a size 12 hip. For dresses my problem is the bottom part is always baggy - tops and skirts I can mix and match, but if I could find a nice dress with 20 at the top and 12 at the bottom in the style I wanted then YES I'd buy it.

And I've experimented with corsets and hip pads, but I actually like to be able to just put on clothes that fit me without having to add lots of extra stuff. Except of course breast forms - can any CDer be complete without them? :):)

MsVal
09-19-2014, 07:04 PM
I have returned nice clothing that I would really like to keep, and would have kept if they fit properly without needing a tailor.

A little tighter here... a little looser there... a little closer to the rectangular shape of a man versus a woman.

(gotta get a tailor)

cassandra54
09-19-2014, 07:26 PM
I've seen a couple of sites like that. One stop shopping for cross dressers. They have EVERYTHING. Besides clothing, they have lingerie, gaffs (to hide your junk), breast forms, wigs and shoes. It begs a question I've pondered for years. Just what percentage of the male population dress in women's clothes of some sort? If you look at these websites, they have a great selection and seem to be doing a great business. I mean face it, without a demand, there would be no business, but there is. I've never really noticed anyone on this site shopping there, including me.

Well here's my two cents. I buy clothes from local stores, like Kohl's, Dillard s and Soma. I want to blend in when I got out in public, so wearing what other women in my area wear would help. Here's something else. It's true some women's clothes don't fit. I wear a medium, (10-12) bottom and a XL top, and a 38c bra. And yes some clothes don't fit, but the majority of things do. That would be the same with GGs. Not every bra, every top, every dress, every bottom fits ALL GGs . That's part of the fun of shopping for clothes. Finding things that are cute and that fit.

Wildaboutheels
09-19-2014, 07:51 PM
I have never seen such ads but they would not annoy me in the least.

I buy and wear stuff I like/that fits my "strange" body. I could care less where in the store it came from. I don't "dress" in either mode to suit or appeal to others or fit in. That would be plain crazy.

AmandaM
09-19-2014, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't say it turns me off. I would say it creeps me out.

Jenny Miller
09-19-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm not really sure that "turns me off" is the right way to put it, but I'm totally with you. I don't think I'd ever buy something that wasn't initially designed for women. That's kind of the point for me. It's crossdressing, is it not?

Nicole Erin
09-19-2014, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't say it turns me off. I would say it creeps me out.

I looked up "dresses for men" in google. Yeah something about it is just weird.

Jason+
09-19-2014, 11:31 PM
The only thing I would consider wearing that is not pants made for men are kilts made for men. Wearing a dress or bra made for a man leaves a little to be desired-like the femininity of women's clothing. Hot pink lacy bra made for a man? I don't think so.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/wishroom/mensbra/ This is what Japan is up to!

http://www.hommemystere.com/ When I can bear to part with upwards of $70 I'll shop here happily.

I know for many if it was men's clothing it would lose all appeal. I've not had much luck finding dresses made for men as men in pretty or drab colors. If you have a link to those, please horrify me!

Tracii G
09-20-2014, 01:33 AM
Doesn't do much for me I would rather wear clothes for women.

Krisi
09-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Are you talking about dresses and bras intended for men to wear in "male" mode or dresses and bras intended for crossdressers but proportioned to fit the male body better? There's a big difference.

Most of us have a hard time looking right in women's clothes because our proportions are not the same as typical females. Shoulders too wide, waist too low, hips and legs too thin, hands and feet too big, etc. Some of this can be made up for with padding, some cannot.

UNDERDRESSER
09-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Depending on what you're talking about, I wouldn't say it turns me off, but rather it mostly misses the point. My favourite panties, ( jockey modern micro bikinis) fit well, hold everything how I like it, look good to me, and are reasonably priced. There are some styles from xdress that I am considering, some other places as well. However most of them miss the target from my point of view. They seem mostly aimed at gay men, and their choices in fabric and cut are not what I want. I don't really see much in the way of dresses for men. Bras are not something I wear. Of course, my look, or style, is not the same as most on here.

I don't really care if it is marketed to men or women, but yes, I do get a little kick from knowing I'm "cheating" and wearing stuff meant to be sold to women. Partly fetish, partly a satisfaction from "beating the system" and finding a way of saving money, or getting something that others have missed.

Tracy Hazel Lee
09-20-2014, 10:22 AM
With a web address only one letter away from this forum :

http://www.crossdresser.com/

This entire site is made up of womens clothing tailored to fit mens bodies. I am amazed that (by the sounds of it) so few of you have landed on this site.

While I am not turned off by it, I'm not interested in it either. I don't want clothing made for my male body. I do my best with my shapewear to properly fill out real womens clothing, and I get much satisfaction from it. But I can fully understand why there would be a market for garments like that, just not for me.

Jason+
09-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Tracy,

I may have misunderstood the original question. I know of that site, all of their fashions are designed for men to specifically look like women and well endowed women at that. I think the question was about some recent ads for bras/lingerie for men to wear without having to be "cross dressers" since it was made to actually fit them as is.

If I can get the same colors, fabrics and styles that are built to fit me right I'd be all for it. They also would have to not cost 3-4 times what I can buy in places like Lane Bryant, Walmart or The Avenue.

Tracy Hazel Lee
09-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Okay, maybe I read the question wrong. If it's not for the purpose of cross dressing, then I don't understand the point. And anyone who buys the stuff thinking that they're not cross dressing, is delusional. Come on, a guy buys a bra for bodily parts he doesn't even have? Umm... yeah. That's cross dressing.

Jason+
09-20-2014, 02:38 PM
The bras pictured in the link from the Japan store were designed to fit a man who does not have those parts while still looking lacy and pretty. Where the true line is between crossdressing and mens fashion freedom could be debated for a good decade and still not agreed on.

Butterfly Bill
09-20-2014, 03:06 PM
... Besides, if it were to become a viable style, who would be able to tell if it's a man's dress or a woman's dress that you are wearing? ...

Which side are the buttons on?

Seana Summer
09-20-2014, 07:51 PM
I can see why some would get turned off if you can fit into a womens size 12 or less, or even a 16 or less, and your shoe size is less than womens size 10. You might feel differently if you were larger. I have to search high and low for a womens size 18-20 that fits reasonably well because GGs that are that size are typically as round as they are tall. I have broad shoulders and no big roll in the middle.

So a womens size 20 to fit my broad shoulders and 6'2" frame.....very desirable.....where is that ad???

TG-Taru
09-21-2014, 07:21 AM
Not appealing for CD purposes really. Maybe for CDs in denial. Or if they truly mean for men - no room for forms even, and including rough manly dresses, and sports bras for moobs... Unsatisfying for CDing, but if one's into that kind of fashion as a man...

If they meant for crossdressers, the wording is... not that good. At least say "female clothing to fit men" or just "dresses that fit men", not "men's dresses". That would be ok, not as nice as things truly meant for women, but ok.

Teresa
09-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Natasha,
Look at it the other way, are you turned on by it ? The answer for me is certainly NO !!
My dressing started by an attraction to a shapely swimsuit linked to thoughts of my GF, yes it was sexual and to a point still is ! So wanting to wear modified clothes to suit men has no attraction because I have no attraction to men !
I do get Seana's point about sizing, OK I'm lucky To be able to fit UK size 12/14 but a big guy is not always the same shape as a big GG !

Elle1946
09-21-2014, 10:15 AM
I feel the same way that is why I shop on the girl's side of the store.

MsVal
09-21-2014, 11:25 AM
I understand the attraction of pretty, feminine garments. I like them too. They are only available on one side of the aisle, and I enjoy shopping there. I've purchased quite a few of them from there. Unfortunately, few of them exactly fit my 38-33-37 (97-84-94 cm) dimension, so everything is done as separates and/or compromises. This is particularly true of bathing suits which reveal every gap and pucker. (Yeah, as if I would really go outdoors wearing a bathing suit. <horror!>)

I do not have any problem with the availability of those same styles, with the same fabrics, that are tailored to better fit the male rectangle.

I may be an exception. With me, it's not about the thrill of wearing something that was intended to be worn by women. There is no thrill. I just want to wear clothing that fits well and is appropriate for the occasion.

Maria Blackwood
09-21-2014, 11:54 AM
I keep seeing ads for dresses for men and bras for men, Well that's really a turn off for me I want to wear clothes and accessories made for Women not something improvised to fit a man. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

Part of the thrill for me is wearing something intended for a woman, so a plain woman's panty is preferred for me over something frilly but made for a man.

On the other hoof, if these thing increase acceptance then more power to them. I might buy some to support them.

Lacy PJs
09-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Geez, show a little love for those of us who don't have a "womanly" shape. With my broad shoulders, long arms & long torso, my choices are limited indeed. If I could buy fancy blouses with 36" sleeve length and maybe... 26-30" length, I'm all there.

Lacy PJs

CynthiaD
09-21-2014, 05:02 PM
If you went out wearing a skirt made for a man, would people call you ma'am? I doubt it, so why bother? On the other hand, skirts are about a hundred times more comfortable than pants, so there is some appeal, I guess.

Beverley Sims
09-22-2014, 02:27 PM
I think most respondents reflect the same feelings as you do.
Even a pink jumper for a man is not the same as one designed for a woman.
It is a psychological thing but, bras for men?

No thanks.

Tami Monroe
09-22-2014, 09:21 PM
I will have to say that some of this bothers me, but by the same token, in the case of tgfashions.com, if they have corsets, hosiery, or other lingerie designed for men that will fit better than women's lingerie, then I am all for it. They advertise garterbelts specially designed for men with no hips. It may not be 100% the real thing, but, it will work without a lot of modifications, so I am all for it. I think it sucks that I m not built like a GG. In fact, I feel cheated. I wan to buy off the rack GG wear and go with it. However, reality throws in facts like pantyhose rolling down sometimes, or waist cinchers (not corsets) failing to do what they advertise that they do. With this said, if there are feminine items designed for men that will do the same job, I say "Hip, hip, Hooray!"

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2014, 06:05 AM
Hi Natasha, It's just some slick marketing strategy of over priced items.

ShelbyDawn
09-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Honestly, the male lingerie ads I have seem make me feel like I am looking at gay porn.
Nothing wrong with gay porn, it is just not my cup of tea. :o

I wold be very interested in finding some ads for casual day wear; dresses, tops, skirts, etc., specifically made for men.
How many time have we all found that "cutest dress ever" that we couldn't buy because the waist was too short or the bodice too tight...

Do people say bodice any more? :)

Natasha-cd
09-24-2014, 01:39 PM
I never wear wamans clothing made for man, and never will try

AmandaJ_DK
09-24-2014, 02:26 PM
I don't like lingerie for men either, as I also prefer actually dressing up in clothes made for women. However, if there was lingerie - and other clothes - designed for transvestites and crossdressers, I think I would be interested. I mean, clothes that were obviously made to look female and give a female appearance, very much like traditional female clothing, but which were a little more forgiving in those areas where we are most different from girls. As much as I love the feeling of slipping on a pair of sexy, lace panties, I would also sometimes wish that there was a bit more room in them ;)

gailprice
09-24-2014, 02:54 PM
I am with you on this one Natasha

Gail xx

Maria 60
09-24-2014, 08:09 PM
Well in reality if they make men's bras and skirts and I still wear women's bras and skirts that still makes me a crossdresser.

Badwolf
09-28-2014, 08:45 AM
I love the IDEA, but rarely is the quality, style etc really a viable option for me.

Raychel
09-28-2014, 09:04 AM
I have to say that I would never buy anything like this. Items made for men or
designed for men, really do not appeal to me at all.

But for the cause, I think advertising these type of items is a good thing.
If the world starts accepting a man in a utility skirt becomes more accepted, then a man
in a dress would not be all that far off.