PDA

View Full Version : Mountains and Valleys

Aly Cat
09-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Today I'm just not feeling it :cry:
Maybe I'm just down or, I don't know. I keep getting missgendered, called by my male name in front of customers, I'm tired, and I just want to go home and cry and sleep the world away. Today I'm definitely in a valley. And it's iPhone launch day to boot so everyone is pissy and I've been up since 5am. :sigh: I just want to cry :cry:

Kate Simmons
09-19-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm pretty much the same every day. I don't let moods or events bother me that much. I have more important things to do. :)

StephanieCLT
09-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Keep your head up, Aly. I've been admiring you and your journey. I'm sure it's exhausting, but I want you to know I think you're beautiful. Keep it up, and keep doing the things you're doing!

Erica Marie
09-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Aly keep your head up. I cant even imagine how hard things are for you. Every day I dream what it would like to be able to transition, yet I also think how difficult it would be. You are way stronger than I will ever be.

Bria
09-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Aly, I'm sorry that you are having a down day. Sometimes I get tired of dealing with the public, they sometimes are just so.......Public. Dr. Bria prescribes two fingers of good scotch taken by mouth while reclining comfortable listening to your favorite music.

Hope tomorrow is a better day!!

Hugs, Bria

Persephone
09-19-2014, 05:49 PM
:hugs:

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jennifer-GWN
09-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Somebody needs a hug... Here you go. HHHHHHHUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGSSSSSS!!!!! And I.ll put my Sheldon spin on it and say there there!

Seriously though... Nothing worth doing comes easy and this road is certainly no garden path. Just know that although we are not right there with you we are in spirit.

Better day tomorrow.

Cheers...Jennifer
And as for all the cranky people clambering for the new phone.... Really really people does it really make a difference if your the first to get one. Gish.

Lea
09-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Sending you positive thoughts and wishing you better days.

Marcelle
09-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Hi Aly . . . keep positive. Having spent a fair share of my life hiking over hill and dale if there is one constant . . . every valley you enter requires a mountain to exit.

Hugs

Isha

Aly Cat
09-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Thank you all for the best wishes. Between you all with your consoling thoughts and the happier customers from the second half of the day, I ended it on a decent note. In my last hour of this wonderful 12 hour shift, I got "ma'amed," "miss," "young ladied" and "sweethearted" about 8-9 times.
Emotionally I am feeling much better, physically, I am exhausted!! I see a warm bubble bath in my near future!

natcrys
09-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Awww.. I'm sorry most of your day was crappy,.. hugs!

Hope that warm bath is helping! :)

Aly Cat
09-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Omg this bath feels amazing!!! I finally get to relax! My tub may be tiny, but at least I get to soak and listen to calming music. Woosa......wash the day away....

Eringirl
09-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Sorry your day went south on you sweetie! :hugs: but you made it, come out the other end okay and we're able to relax and blow it off. Sounds like you beat it. As the ol' saying goes, "that which doesn't kill you, just really, really hurts!! " ...no , wait a minute, that's not it.

Made you smile!
:tongueout:

Hugs, Erin

Aly Cat
09-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Hahaha yes you did make me smile eringirl. :hug:

MayaMe
09-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Remember this shall pass and tomorrow is another day. I also think of this music video too. http://youtu.be/qybUFnY7Y8w I know you are strong enough to get through what ever comes your way. You would not be where you are if you were not.

Huges
Maya

arbon
09-19-2014, 11:12 PM
My experience with transitioning in place at my work was not the best. I had to get used to being gendered wrong and having people embarrass me. Not as bad as it used to be but years into it and it still happens on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I just let it roll off me, other times it hurts horribly. Sometimes I just want to kill!!!

GretchenJ
09-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Hi Aly,

Another one here who is a great admirer of you and your commitment to share your journey with all of us. am really sorry the first half of your day was bad, and glad that your latter part was a little better.

But take heart... The techies who show up at 5am on iPhone launch day are exactly the most (how do I put this - especially since I am a member of the techie society myself). "Observant of their surroundings". These people stayed up all night for a new phone, they would be calling Brooklyn Decker sir. The later part of the day was better because you were dealing with more "normal" folks.

To be honest, when I see your recent photos - I see a very attractive woman
Gretch

Natasha V
09-20-2014, 12:58 AM
Wishing you the best, hope you wake up to a double dose of Sunshine honey.

PaulaQ
09-20-2014, 02:57 AM
Early transition and misgendering is the worst. I'm really sorry you experienced so much of that today, Aly. It really does get better with time.

charlenesomeone
09-20-2014, 03:39 AM
Aly, big hug. Remember that tomorrow is another day!
Keep smiling.
Char

Aly Cat
09-20-2014, 09:01 AM
It warms my heart that you ladies are following along with me on my journey. It's funny, I almost use this site as a personal journal. I'm terrible at keeping a real journal and I hope to be able to one day come back to all these threads I start and read back through my own journey to see where I've come from and the steps I've made. I apologize if my posts ever get to personal because sometimes I forget that others actually read them. It's only when you all reply, that I realize just how not alone I am in all this. You all mean the world to me. It's good to know that even though I may never meet you all face to face, I have support and people who care about me. :)

I Am Paula
09-20-2014, 09:51 AM
I think we all follow each others journey, both to help out, and to compare with our own. This is called community, and since ours is so small, and spread out, this forums works wonders. I've laughed, and cried on this forum, as I think we all have.
When people who should know better misgender me, I give them an imaginary bitch slap, except my Dad, who has Alzhiemers. He calls me his son Paul, and I bite my tongue, cause it's not his fault.
Cheers!

Kris Avery
09-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Aly,
Keep going, you are admired for your strength and courage.
Yes, I only see girl...:)

Suzanne F
09-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Aly
I am glad you made it through the day. I feel like your sister who is a little behind you. My next step will be hormones next May and then coming out at work. It's good to know other people are facing what is headed my way. You look so sweet and I am very envious of your natural look!
Suzanne

kimdl93
09-21-2014, 07:33 AM
I'm glad the day ended on a better note for you. Here's one observation. Recently, things have certainly been going your way. Much more often than not, you're referred to as she, miss or ma'am and well received accepted by many who knew you before. In the future, try not to let a few errant mistakes by others bring you down.

Beverley Sims
09-21-2014, 09:27 PM
I believe you are on hormone therapy and this does mess with your brain.
I think there will be more valleys for you to negotiate before you get to the top of the mountain.
Smile, :) and stay strong.