PDA

View Full Version : A Movie Id Like To See

Aly Cat
09-21-2014, 08:19 PM
I wish they would make a movie about a trans person who wasnt trans...

Allow me to explain.

I wish there was a movie about an individual who when born, followed two different lives. Some crazy random event when the mother is pregnant causes the child to experience a world of two lives. One completely female and one completely male. You watch the child grow up and the experiences he and she goes through as individual genders. Because of different life experiences, the world has taken them to different places. They grow up in different locations. Experience different lives. As the child grows, both the male and female sides of the coin start to merge in their teens or twenties. Somewhere in the middle of the movie, both genders of the individual move to the same city....eventually go to the same school/college. As things progress, you realize they are the same person. Almost like an alternate reality. At the end of the movie, you get the twist....no, Im not going to give that away lol.

I want that this to be a movie!!!

Mink
09-21-2014, 08:26 PM
sounds quite cerebral!

I wish there were more crossdresser movies where it's not a joke or played for laughs OR a transsexual person or drag queen

whenever people list CD movies they are always the wrong kind!

very few line up much with the reality!

which is why so many "muggles" think a CD is either gay or on his way to becoming a woman!

Beverley Sims
09-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Aly,
I have sat and pondered your question and suggestion for some while now.

What an interesting concept. You have me thinking about how that story could evolve.

I see one person leading two lives and having two different groups to grow up with.

JessicaJHall
09-22-2014, 02:32 PM
That's a great plot Aly! I bet someone steals it.. or if you are like me, someone already did before you thought of it.:sad:
Did anyone see THIS (http://variety.com/2014/scene/news/amazons-transparent-cast-talks-family-making-a-difference-at-series-premiere-1201306758/)
on the today show this morning? It's an original amazon binge series in which Jeffrey Tambor plays an m to f transitioner. Maybe we should start a thread reviewing the treatment when it comes out?
The clip was kind of funny, he was en femme telling his daughter (I think) that he has always "dressed up" in mens clothes.
"All ten episodes of “Transparent” drop on Amazon Sept. 26."

Katey888
09-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Like 'Sliding Doors' (IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120148/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 )but with mixed genders in a parallel reality... :thinking:

Might work... you'd better get pen to paper quickly... and be prepared for smarmy lawyers to come knocking with prior art claims... :surrender:

Katey x

Aly Cat
09-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Yes!!! Exactly!! I so wish they would make a gender oriented movie like that!

DaphneMiller
09-22-2014, 03:14 PM
You're right Aly, I can't think of any CD movies where it isn't treated as a joke or something. 'Sliding Doors' with a gender theme soundls like a great idea. Better than the umpteen 'body swap' movies that are out there. Though, I must confess, when growing up, I did watch body swap comedies and wish that could happen to me...

I've never seen the film 'Transamerica', but have heard it got good reviews. I know it's about a transgender character rather than a crossdresser, but what does everyone think of it?

Aly Cat
09-22-2014, 03:22 PM
I thought trans America was a great movie. It is about a transsexual who is trying to get her SRS surgery but her therapist won't sign off on it until she makes an attempt at having a relationship with her son she never knew she had. Great story. For sure.

DaphneMiller
09-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks Aly, it does sound good. I'll have to watch out for it. Don't spoil it for me, but I'm hoping it has a happy ending.

In the meantime, the wife has recorded 'Mrs Doubtfire', so no doubt we'll be watching that sometime soon. It might be cheesy, but I realised there isn't enough comedy in my life.

Daphne
x

Kate Simmons
09-22-2014, 04:57 PM
So what are you waiting for Hon? Make the movie. We should have our own production company anyway and call it TG Limited Productions.:)

UNDERDRESSER
09-22-2014, 05:05 PM
The clip was kind of funny, he was en femme telling his daughter (I think) that he has always "dressed up" in mens clothes.
I saw that bit, and it didn't strike me as funny, but very touching, almost tragic. I think the show has great potential, as entertainment, and maybe provoke some thought in a lot of people.

Aly Cat
09-22-2014, 05:21 PM
I agree Underdresser, I thought it was very tragic. It is exactly how I felt too when some people have asked me that same question. I love the show. It is a very heartwarming series.

mykell
09-22-2014, 06:03 PM
sound like a winner Aly,
maybe TG UN-Limited Productions Kate?

Badwolf
09-27-2014, 08:06 PM
The movie idea sounds awesome!

There are a few characters that present CD/TG people. Many of the non-gag ones are Transexual though.

Marcelle
09-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Very interesting concept and given that most movies made today are just rehashed tripe of the same plot . . . I think this could be a winner. Now the big question is . . . are there any screen writers out there lurking on this site who might be interested. :)

Hugs

Isha