PDA

View Full Version : In the end......how will you be shown?

ophelia
09-21-2014, 08:33 PM
I attended a memorial serivice this weekend for a dear friend who passed away after a really difficult year which sapped her spirit.
She looked so beautiful in her open casket wearing her favorite jacket and jewellry.
For those who are almost 24/7 how would you like to be presented at your memorial service.
Enfemme or not?

Jenny Gurl
09-21-2014, 09:17 PM
However those left behind decide to display me, I won't care cause I'll be dead. Funerals are for those left behind, as far as I'm concerned they can throw my remains in the old oven and scatter my ashes anywhere they want. What is really important, is what you do with the time you have on this earth.

cassandra54
09-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Good question. I have a car I cannot sell, so I was telling my GF it would probably go to the grave with me. Then I thought about my dog and how people have them stuffed. LOL! I told her I could have the dog stuffed and have her buried sitting next to me in the car. It might just be the icing on the cake to be wearing one of my favorite dresses too. Like, really when I'm gone, who cares, Besides that, it will give them something to talk about for a long time.

bridget thronton
09-22-2014, 02:05 AM
My fav skirt suit and academic robe

Marcelle
09-22-2014, 03:50 AM
Hi Ophelia,

My wife and I discussed this and while my arrangements are for cremation we agreed that the since most of our friends know about Isha the memorial service will have a picture of me as both genders.

Hugs

Isha

Kate Simmons
09-22-2014, 04:27 AM
It matters little to me. It would really be up to my survivors.:)

Katey888
09-22-2014, 04:56 AM
Members - just a gentle reiteration that the OP was asking specifically "For those who are almost 24/7..."

:)

Katey

Maria Blackwood
09-22-2014, 05:14 AM
I want to be cremated, my ashes mixed into plastic to make Lego bricks, and then those bricks are used to create a life size version of me, in a sexy red dress, with both hands out flipping off the world.

I'm sorry, I have insomnia, and it's the witching hour.

Teresa
09-22-2014, 05:38 AM
Ophelia,
I know it's not a subject we want to dwell on but I have thought about it. I don't know if my wife would go along my wishes on being dressed or not. A good compromise would be a picture like my avatar, as a fair request to show their respect for the Teresa side of me !

BLUE ORCHID
09-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Hi Ophelia, I once told my wife that I wanted to be laid out in my black sequin dress, And she said, "Over My Dead Body" .

Beverley Sims
09-22-2014, 02:08 PM
I will probably be presented as a man....
The relatives do not know Beverley anyway.

I may be nearly 24/7 at home but out I am 2/3.

heather ann martin
09-26-2014, 01:02 AM
As a woman of course!