PDA

View Full Version : Sissy or Tomboy?

LelaK
09-22-2014, 01:21 AM
I like to dress like a "Sissy", but I prefer to act like a "tomboy", if that means a girl who doesn't act real girlish. I've never liked the thought of being "male", or of being manly or muscular, but I'm fairly strong and competent, like I imagine a tomboy girl would be.

I stated not long ago here that I feel that at a very young age I "imprinted" on my Mom, as I remember wanting to be like her, not like Dad. Then I remembered Mom said she had been a tomboy, so it seems my imprinting included that behavior.

So, when you dress girly, do you prefer to act girly too, or more tomboyish? And was your Mom girly, or more a tomboy? Many CDs seem to like to imitate girly women's mannerisms etc, but I hope I'm not alone in liking to be a girly-dressed tomboy.

(GGs and others are welcome to comment too.)

im-sparkles
09-22-2014, 01:50 AM
I know exactly what you mean Lelak ! I think its the the testosterone we were born with thatmakes us tomboyish . I love being girly but that tomboy side comes out all to often..
Bty i love that dress!!! Where can i i find it!

bridget thronton
09-22-2014, 01:55 AM
I prefer self-actualized rather than gender stereotyped

Kate Simmons
09-22-2014, 04:38 AM
Since as early as I remember, I've always considered myself a "tomboy". No point in changing that outlook now, right?:battingeyelashes::)

Marcelle
09-22-2014, 05:46 AM
Hi Lelak,

If I had to commit to an answer I would have to say "tomboy" as I still embrace my male side when presenting my female identity.

Hugs

Isha

Erica Marie
09-22-2014, 06:13 AM
I would say tomboy also. I prefer to dress casual, jeans and boots. A skirt or dress when the situation is right, but prefer to be comfortable and still look nice. I enjoy doing alot of outdoor things compared to being inside reading or sewing. I guess if there would be a term for a male who enjoys being a little more towards the femme side then we would all be accepted. If girls can be tomboys and be fully accepted what is the hangup if we want to be a bit girly?

phylis anne
09-22-2014, 06:21 AM
Lelak , you nailed it well I too prefer the tomboy look but for different reasons ---- it is perfect camouflage for hiding in plan sight as they say all they see is someone in jeans and boots unless they really take the time to scrutinize especially with my figure LOL ala mrs doubtfire
phylis anne

Lexi Moralas
09-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Ahh great question!
But in today's world I don't think a girl has to choose. There was a high school girl in my town who was a very girly girl in to pretty cloths make up jewelry , competed in beauty pagents , and won some. Ect
Same girl played on the varcity baseball team with the boys. Went hunting and camping with her brothers and father , even rebuilt the transmission on the classic mustang she drives in auto shop.
She is a girly , girl as you can be , and as Tom boy as you can be all at the same time. I think these are great times for young woman to grow up in! A lot of the limitation of last generations are melting away. I predict 100 years from now female will be the dominent gender

Stephanie47
09-22-2014, 09:20 AM
There are certain mannerism that come with being a girl. Men traditionally do not have long hair. I have to wisp away a stray hair off my face when I have my wig on. As a male I have to just sit down in a chair. En femme I have to smooth my dress with my hands down my backside when I sit. As I guy when I am sitting I usually cross my legs at my ankles. En femme I cross my legs at my knees. As a guy I have a long stride (six foot). En femme in heels I take shorter steps. "Sissy" to me is to exaggerate mannerisms. I equate it with the stereo typical image of a guy with a "limp wrist." "Tomboy?" When I was a kid my baseball team's center fielder was "Charlie," AKA, Linda. She was truly a good baseball player. She was all female, except she liked jeans and tees and played baseball. I'm sure she grew up to be a very attractive womanly woman. She was a girl decades ahead of her time.

When en femme I just try to adopt the mannerisms of a female. For those who are out and about, I think the vast majority of my sister's try to adopt those mannerisms also. No?

Beverley Sims
09-22-2014, 01:58 PM
I play sissy in a fantasy role now and then but I probably border on the tomboyish side more often.

mechamoose
09-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Tomsissy?

Not sure how else I fit, honey.

- MM

charlenesomeone
09-22-2014, 03:01 PM
I dress as girly as possible but not to girly mannerisms.
Is that a tomboy? Don't know but Love the clothes.
Hugs
Char

Crissy Kay
09-22-2014, 03:01 PM
I am happy with the 'sissy' role!!

Natasha V
09-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Girly girl or Sissy all the way...

Annaliese
09-22-2014, 04:39 PM
I consider my self a tomboy

Kari_B
09-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Tomsissy?

Not sure how else I fit, honey.

- MM

Exactly!

Jaymees22
09-23-2014, 11:51 AM
I really don't know, I really don't present as overly girly when dressed and not overly manly when not. I guess I'm just me. Jaymee

Ashley Lyn
09-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Used to be mainly 'sissy'.. Have grown to LOVE the school girl look...
Guess we may change as we age.. leaning toward tomboy side, but have a closet full of 'sissy' dresses..

Wildaboutheels
09-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Nature OR Nurture?

No.

Nature + Nurture?

Yes. Scientifically proven FACT for most Humans. And obviously for you and many others here as reported in countless other threads.

Regardless of what I am wearing and no matter where I go, I am just a guy wearing what he wants to and nothing more.

Charla McBee
09-23-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm not a big fan of that first term but I tend to be a girly girl as far as what I wear. Some of my natural mannerisms are also a bit feminine so it's easy to just let that part of me take over. However I will be firmly glued to the couch, beer in hand, watching football come Sunday. You tell me.

AnnieMac
09-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Most of my closest best friends growing up were real (GG) Tomboys, and I cherish the memories of all of them, and the great times we had together. Don't know any of them now, but I'll bet they just turned out to be the greatest women all grown up!! You GG women that were once tomboys, and maybe still are a little, Rock!!

CDs cannot be tomboys - that is a term reserved for genuine females. they term do better describe us would probably be "Nancy boys" (maybe in the Uk they say Jane Girls)

sometimes_miss
09-25-2014, 11:55 AM
I really don't know, I really don't present as overly girly when dressed and not overly manly when not. I guess I'm just me. Jaymee

+1. Feeling like I'm supposed to be dressed as, and behave as a girl, but don't make any attempt to change my body movement mechanics.

Ally 2112
09-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Even thou when im dressed im a girly girl but when i am in male mode im all boy! .I also have always been more attracted to Tomboys (GG,s) to me they seem more down to earth