PDA

View Full Version : sigh.. stash found and purged...

chloe cute
09-24-2014, 09:01 AM
due to some circumstance i have to move back to my parents house part of because my parents lost their permanent job and couldn't afford house payment, i got a new better job back in my city and our custom (a child will only leave the house only when they get married). So i have been staying back on my basement. We also use the basement for storage area and there is a washing machine.

So yesterday i was trying to find a USB cable on my box, in which i keep some of my girly stuff (i think a pair of heels, wigs and some bags) and they were gone. hahahaha.. my parent didn't say anything when i met them earlier, and in my circumstance there is no way they gonna accept it...

oh well.. i still have some stuff hidden, but soon i think i have to find a way to hide them well. :eek:

bridget thronton
09-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Box with a lock?

Katey888
09-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Tough break Chloe - parents can be the nosiest of creatures (I should know as I am one... ;)) - and their kids are always their kids...

You need a box or a suitcase with a lock or somewhere more secure... get that other stuff stashed quickly!

Katey x

chloe cute
09-24-2014, 09:40 AM
hahhaha.. no lock.. only plain ol' cardboard box containing a lot of used computer parts.. idk why they look into that box...

Jodi
09-24-2014, 10:25 AM
How old are you? Did you not say that you are now helping to pay for the house? You have some serious independence issues.

Jodi

Beverley Sims
09-24-2014, 11:22 AM
I had a box with a lock when I was fourteen.
Lasted nearly 24 hours.
Like a red rag to a bull. :)

I think you have to be subtle.
There are plenty of voids in houses that can take a small stash.

Bootsiegalore
09-24-2014, 02:38 PM
So, You moved back to "pay the bills and the Mortgage"? I would tell them not to disturb my stuff or I'll leave and they can find another solution.

kimdl93
09-24-2014, 07:17 PM
I'm would still respect that this is their home, although nosing through your stuff and discarding anything was over the top. Still, it is what it is. Whomever threw your stash recognized it for what it was and reacted like a scared parent might.

Help out while you're help is needed, don't address the subject unless asked, and rent a storage locker somewhere else for your things.

Charla McBee
09-24-2014, 07:26 PM
My stuff is all out in the open these days because I couldn't live like that anymore. I still get mortified if my mother barges in and goes anywhere near it though.

Melissa_59
09-24-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry, but if I had to move back home to help support my parents, I'd insist on some privacy and some rights. And if they couldn't agree to treat me like an adult and respect my privacy - which includes "not going through MY THINGS" - then I'd move right back out.

That's disrespectful. Parents are always honking on about kids being disrespectful, but many of them are no better.

~Melissa

Seana Summer
09-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Chloe

I understand your pain. I remember years ago when my mom found my stash.

I would not recommend the locked box or suit case, as Beverly said a locked box is like a red flag to a parent. Might have to just keep the stash very small and very well hidden. Usually in somewhat plain sight works much better than the classic under the bed. That's the first place we look;)

Also check any other box that YOU may have gotten mixed up with the one that doesn't have your stash in it. Outside chance you may have gotten your boxes mixed up???

BLUE ORCHID
09-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Hi Chloe, I think that you have far bigger problems than a missing pair of heels and wig.:daydreaming:

mykell
09-25-2014, 09:46 AM
hi chloe,
i get it if you dont want to create a scene, but i agree that it was wrong for them to do if that is what happened, will be hard to hide things since they will be looking for more, i probably would if i hadnt been a member here, understand lots more in my short time here, maybe just hang them in the open in a garment bag under one of your suits perhaps....