PDA

View Full Version : will CD'ing go the way of the dinosaur?

paulaprimo
09-24-2014, 04:20 PM
when i was a kid clothing was either for men or for women. men wore suits and hats, swimmers were the only men
with smooth bodies. women wore dresses and the only ones with pierced ears, other than mr clean. the world as i
knew it was black and white...

in todays casual world it seems that almost anything and everything is acceptable. men have both ears pierced,
hi lite their hair, manscape their bodies plucking eyebrows and shaving or waxing their bodies.
mani's, pedi's with polish are even very common. fashions have become gender neutral. they sell dresses, hose, bra's
and even make-up for men.

so, with that said, my question is... is it possible that at some point in time when one goes into a men's clothing store
and it is filled with dresses, skirts and heels (because it is now the norm) will this be the end of the term cross dressing?
could it even exist?
will the public proclaim us as "heros" and finally admit we were correct and normal the whole time, (as we all know we are) and it
was them (the public) that was ignorant?
but most importantly will that lead to the end of this site?? ;)

Nadine Spirit
09-24-2014, 04:27 PM
No, I don't think so. I think cross dressing is derived from something deeper in us than just an appreciation of the clothes. I think the clothes are an easy way for us to be able to express this inner feeling of gender variance. Some of us feel it a little, and thus just do a little, some feel it a lot, and go to the other end of the spectrum. Regardless of if male and female clothes eventually look exactly the same and we are all wearing silver jumpsuits, there will always be those of us who will find a way to express our place on the spectrum somewhere in the middle.

phylis anne
09-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Interesting thread hmmmm ,
Does give one to pause and think given how styles etc have changed I mean if you look at ladies style thye did not dare wear pants unless they wanted to be thought of as a hussy or harlot or someother undesireable until after ww1 women always wore a dress . In fact it was normal up until the 40's for men or boys to wear a nectie even if they were out fishing it was considered the norm , so if we have to hang with the dino saurs then I want to be wilma flinstone ,or bett rubble LOL
hugs phylis anne

Genifer Teal
09-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Well if an asteriod hits the earth and some people manage to survive, we may go back to cave men ages and not wear much clothing. It certainly wouldn't be the same. After reading further, I do not see a point where it could be the norm for men to wear dresses. I could see it reaching a point where no one cares how yo choose to dress. If you choose to wear women's clothes that is your choice and ppl are cool with it.

Tamara Croft
09-24-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm a GG and if that happened, it would be boring, there's no excitement, no adventure, just the norm.... B O R I N G!!! :D

hope springs
09-24-2014, 05:47 PM
I think it will be more "accepted" but not normal or the norm. Most are very comfortable in their gender roles. There are still plenty of rednecks raising prejudiced kids, i know, i work with some. It will get better, but will likely never see feminine attire in the men's section.

Laura912
09-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Well, if the latter part of your post were to come true it certainly would make it easier for the reluctanct shoppers. They could just go to the men's store and get all their clothes.

suchacutie
09-24-2014, 05:51 PM
To me, crossdressing is more than the clothes (although the clothes are terrific!). Tina is an alter ego. Blurring the lines would have no interest for me.

And, I agree with Tamara...how boring would it be for everyone to be the same?

candykowal
09-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Oh, how I wish for the day to arrive where this forum becomes obsolete!!!
I would love to doll myself up for work or play, in a dress and heels!
They say fashion comes full circle...Romans wore a dress like garment...and gladiator shoes!
A lot of men, including me, should be wearing bras and why not include soft and supple fabrics to defend against all the soaps and detergents in todays world that makes our skin itchy?
Yes, the day this forum becomes obsolete, can't come soon enough for me!
Maybe we could talk about getting it on with a manly woman, or the sex collar we wanna wear to a formal gala because you know....being politically correct will be the next subject to be damned!!*giggle*

Kate Simmons
09-24-2014, 06:18 PM
Nah, we'd probably just modify the name to Happy Crossdressers.com or something like that. tell you what, whether it ever becomes "main stream" or not, I look damn good in a dress and that's a fact my friend.;):battingeyelashes::)

kimdl93
09-24-2014, 07:04 PM
No, it won't until, of course humans go the way of the dinosaurs....which by the way evolved into birds, which are among the most successful species on the planet.

Charla McBee
09-24-2014, 07:37 PM
I think things will become a lot more generally accepted in the next decade or two, hopefully to the point that a lot of us can live openly if we so choose. However total acceptance will probably take forever because it's a lot easier for people to be ignorant and live inside a bubble where everyone is just like them. Style does change considerably over time and there is currently a great deal of overlap between men's and women's clothing but the two are still pretty clearly distinct. As long as our culture believes in gender differences, that will remain the case. Either way, those of us who cross gender lines because of something we feel deep inside ourselves will have a continued need to express that somehow.

Paula_Femme
09-24-2014, 07:42 PM
...men have both ears pierced, hi lite their hair, manscape their bodies plucking eyebrows and shaving or waxing their bodies. mani's, pedi's with polish are even very common. fashions have become gender neutral. they sell dresses, hose, bra's and even make-up for men...

Yes, ear piercing, hair coloring, manscaping, and mani/pedi's are now almost entirely acceptable - unless you're unfortunate enough to live around knuckle-draggers and mouth-breathers of course! :eek: - and it appears that even make-up on men is becoming acceptable these days*, but dresses, hose, and bra's?!

Yes, you CAN buy dresses, hose, and bra's specifically designed for men, Crossdressing men, unfortunately the majority of people out there still consider us to be freaks, weirdos, or at the very least, a bit strange!

*My girlfriend and I went to San Francisco this weekend, and as part of our trip we drove around the Bay to Sausalito. My girlfriend had done my make-up that morning, including "smokey eyes" and eye shadow, which I wore all day, and no one, that we were aware of anyway, gave me/us a cross look! :battingeyelashes:

BLUE ORCHID
09-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi Paula, I really don't see that happening in our lifetime.:2c:

Alice Torn
09-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Barry McGuire did a song in the early 1960's, called "Eve of Destruction." He may have been 50 years too soon!. if there is world war, and things get dire, it could be we will wear what ever fits, and keeps us covered and warm, whether designed for women or men!

Beverley Sims
09-25-2014, 02:53 PM
They might have bras and dresses for men in the future.

What will women be wearing.
That is the path I will tread.
It's all about womens wear..... :)

Katey888
09-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Interesting thoughts, Paula... I hope they were not the product of a nightmare... :eek:

And most other comments here have addressed your underlying thesis, so allow me just to address the final question:

Will that lead to the end of this site?

A definitive NO! Of-course-not... It will just evolve... :cheer:

Can you imagine the thread topics that will be popular...

- Boxers or briefs - check or stripes - silk or cotton - open fly or safety button..?
- Waxing for heads - should a bald pate be polished or exfoliated (matte)..?
- Shoes - leather Goodyear welted or Commando sole - are you a carpet man or a dirt track one..?
- Cargo short length - is 5" above the knee too short or age appropriate and does it reduce cargo pocket size too much..?
- Chest hair - how do I promote growth..? Do artificial fibre chest rugs need special treatment and what is the best glue to use..?

I could go on... :facepalm:

No - we'll find a way to keep going like a sartorially challenged Agent Smith haunting some future Matrix, we'll just keep replicating and bouncing back up... :D

Katey x

paulaprimo
09-25-2014, 04:19 PM
no nightmare katey as i don't sleep, just a very twisted mind!

i do love your future thread topics... they would be most interesting :)

Rhonda Jean
09-25-2014, 06:11 PM
I hope not. If it were accepted it wouldn't be any fun!

I'm 56 years old. I don't remember when earrings for men became common, but when I was a kid they were unheard of. I had long hair even before it was acceptable, but the first time I wore earrings (clip ons) in public I was about 10. I'd frequently walk to a nearby convenience store to get things for my mom. I'd clip on those earrings and put my hair behind my ear if I wanted people to see or pull it toward the front if I wanted to hide them. It was an incredible thrill to let people see me wearing earrings! It's just not the same when things like that become the norm.

LelaK
09-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Our goal is to become shapeshifters who can make ourselves look any way we want to, from head to toe, and change our appearance at any time. And to wear whatever clothing and other ornaments we fancy. We won't need makeup. We'll be able to darken our skin at the edges of our eyelids automatically, so won't need eyeliner; lengthen our eyelashes; stop our hair from growing longer or growing at all in some places and growing long in others; color our nails naturally; have pleasant scents etc.

Of course, some people will abuse this gift and grow fur and features like animals, whether cuddly or grotesque.

It'll be paradise with some nightmares thrown in. And, yes, the term crossdressing will become extinct, but will be replaced with uniquely good taste.

Michelle789
09-26-2014, 12:13 AM
CDing will never go the way of the dinosaur, and neither will transitioners. I keep hearing that all the young crossdressers are transitioning, and then I hear that the younger generation won't transition but will live gender fluid lifestyles. I believe that there will be far more acceptance for diversity in the future, and whatever path you choose is okay for you. But nothing will ever go the way of the dinosaur. There will always be crossdressers, and there will always be transsexuals who transition. There will always be gender fluids, and genderqueers, and androgynes, and bigender, dualgender, and non gender people and a variety of all sorts of gender identities and gender expressions.

Also if we keep in mind that gender identity and gender expression are two separate things, then men who wear skirts or hose made for men are male identified people who happen to like those items. Men with partial female identities will rather wear skirts or dresses or hose or jeans or tshirts that are in the women's section, because we have either a partial or complete female identity.

There are infinite possibilities, and each one of us will hopefully discover a path and do what best suits us, and that goes for what clothes we wear and whether we choose to take on a female name and try to pass as a woman, or simply be content being a dude in a dress, with full beard, body hair, and keeping the male name.

heather ann martin
09-26-2014, 12:55 AM
Of course

LesliePinky
09-26-2014, 02:35 AM
nope xoxoxoxo