PDA

View Full Version : A day off and lessens learned?

Allisa
09-25-2014, 03:36 PM
I had the day off due to rain and decided to do some small chores so I got ready and went to the pet store to by some chew sticks for my pugs, when there the cashier made a comment about how she has never seen a man with polished nails before so I retorted that" there is always a first time for everything" and asked if she liked it, to which she said maybe not on my husband but yours look good, so with a thank-you I proceeded to the large food club I belong to when I found my member card was split and decided to get a new one, while talking to the associate she asked if I wanted to fix my hair or anything else before the picture,to which I laughed and asked if my mascara was running in this wet weather? This brought a large smile to her face(did she see I was wearing mascara?).Then while standing in an aisle and looking thru my coupons two young girls about 8 or 9 yrs. old asked their mother if I was a girl because only girls have long hair and wear bracelets, the mother then turned red and started to apologize when one of the girls asked why I have long hair and I softened my voice as not to sound to gravelly and said that I like the feel of my hair in the breeze and my bracelets make me feel good when I wear them and boys like to have fun just like my nails being shiny. With that the mother excused themselves and left me smiling and waving to two very curious girls, now they all have a story to tell and maybe I opened some young and one older mind.I posted photos of what I looked like nothing macho but not femme either just my basic look. I thought some might like to hear a day in the life of a crossdresser.

Chari
09-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Glad to read it was a positive adventure for you! Sadly we all are NOT accepted for who we are and what we are comfortable wearing. IMO society has for too long a time had double standards, that is GG's can and do wear almost anything from gal to guy attire and society accepts that as "fashion"! If a guy likes to express himself with a bit more femme, it becomes an issue, we get strange looks, and get tagged as "one of those". Continue to be comfortable and confident in what makes you feel good! Enjoy.

Yoshisaur
09-25-2014, 04:06 PM
That's actually a very nice story to read, it brought a little smile to my face. It sounded like such a nice and happy day

Tammy Lynn Tx
09-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Nothing wrong with that look, I really like your hair. Mine isn't as long but is mainly gray and kinda curly. I love the way it feels in a breeze

Beverley Sims
09-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Allisa,
You present alright the look is good and I wish I could grow long hair like yours.