PDA

View Full Version : Laundry tip for us girls in the closet

Lexi Moralas
09-26-2014, 08:12 AM
Ok girl all of us in the closet , probably look for oppertunitys when no one is around to wash our girl things. And we are all very diligent in make sure no evidence is left behind. Well I found a kink in this system I though might be helpful to share.
If you have a front loading washer there is I area in the front gasket that tends to collect small items like socks and thongs ! So make sure you check it! Also some of these items can work there way down into the drain where there is a sort of filter to catch these things before they get into the pump. But once it gets clogged up like mine did the washer stops working . When the sevice company came he quickly found the issue, 2 thongs caught in the filter ! Luckily there weren't mine ! So my point is it is well worth taking the 15minutes to check this filter when your done doing your girl wash,
You can easily find a you tube Video showing you how. Hope this is helpful
Lexi

Jennifer-GWN
09-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Counting is also a good first step as well. Too funny after all is said and done.

Beverley Sims
09-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Lexi,
When away I am in the closet as far as laundry goes.
To overcome this I usually use a wash bag designed for hose.
This hides what you have in the machine.
Mind you if it is a bigger wash it all goes in together.
Thanks for the heads up on that one, the lint filter in a dryer is another source of trouble.

Teresa
09-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Lexi I think you've just explained why I end up with odd socks, It's always been a mystery where they go !

Kate Simmons
09-26-2014, 02:51 PM
We have to not only deal with the sock gnome but also the panty and bra gnomes. Go figure! :heehee::)

Yoshisaur
09-26-2014, 04:42 PM
I actually have a little net sack I can put my socks and garments in while washing and drying so I don't misplace or lose any bits

Katey888
09-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Good tip Lexi! :)

Front loaders also have a bad habit of leaving more skimpy apparel glued to the inside of the drum after a fast spin cycle... I'm forever extracting my wife's rather nebulous intimates from inside the top of the drum but fortunately none of mine have gone AWOL yet... :)

Purpose-made net sacks are the ideal solution, but an old pillow case is not a bad alternative... or how about one fishnet stocking knotted at one end...? ;)

Katey x

Dawn cd
09-26-2014, 06:11 PM
I always do my girl clothes in a public wash 'n dry. The other ladies there think it's great that I do my wife's clothing, and if anything gets lost in the machine I don't worry about it.

BLUE ORCHID
09-26-2014, 08:29 PM
Hi Lexi, Two things,

#1. Never wash a bunch of pantyhose without putting them in a mesh bag
it took me an hour to untangle the knots.

#2. I always hook my bras that keeps the hooks from snagging something.:daydreaming:

Maria Blackwood
09-26-2014, 09:38 PM
A girl's best laundry friend

http://www.amazon.com/Woolite-Mesh-Wash-Bags-2-Pack/dp/B004K6L806/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411785219&sr=8-1&keywords=Woolite+laundry+bags

I have a bunch of these. Learned my lesson after the straps of three pieces of lingerie got caught on the edge of the dryer's lint trap and started twisting and twisting and twisting... $150 of lingerie destroyed, one an irreplaceable piece from Europe.

They can act as decent camouflage for public laundries as well.

Sometimes Steffi
09-26-2014, 10:16 PM
Counting is also a good first step as well. Too funny after all is said and done.

I always count them going in and coming out. Kind of like a checksum. You EEs will know what I mean,

Lexi I think you've just explained why I end up with odd socks, It's always been a mystery where they go !

I actually solved the problem of odd socks. They get static charged and stick to a dress shirt, Eventually they fall off so it looks like two singles.

sometimes_miss
09-27-2014, 12:46 AM
Socks. Either put into a bag, or pin them together with a big diaper pin. Keeps 'em together. haven't lost a sock in ages.

cotton panty man
09-27-2014, 08:08 AM
Sometimes when I put 2 many panties in the wash , they get up in knots u end uptlosing some expensive pairs. Lol

Kris Avery
09-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Wendy does all the wash for a house of 5 women, herself included......problem solved....
Everybody wins.....

That is, until the SO starts a load without permission or training and we might have all have pink socks....:D

Krisi
09-27-2014, 08:33 AM
You can buy mesh laundry bags at Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond and many other stores. Unlike a pillow case, they don't restrict water flow. You can get big ones and small ones. It's a good solution for many problems.

MissAmy
09-27-2014, 10:04 AM
I wash all panties in a lingerie bag made of mesh. Nothing gets lost

vicky_cd99_2
09-27-2014, 10:10 AM
A lingerie bag or just go commando, problem solved. Seriously we use a mesh lingerie bag. Sorry the smart ass in me came out a little.