PDA

View Full Version : How to dress or go out, when we can't.

LelaK
09-26-2014, 11:00 AM
In the thread about meeting other crossdressers, someone said she'll probably never be able to go out.

How can we experience camaraderie as well as self-expression, if we can't dress much or go out? I haven't been able to dress for a couple months, except once, but this forum has been helpful, for one thing.

I'll list some ideas here later, I think.

1. Kate's idea of making videos dressed and dancing to songs sounds pretty good, where you can view them later. The other things mentioned do too.

2. What I think would be almost as good as being with others in person is being with them in VR, virtual reality. I wonder if that will become feasible before long. It should be VR that lets one use one's own image dressed how one wants.

What would make it even better is if it could simulate the sense of touch, so that we could feel each other's hands and faces etc.

By the way, about 5 years ago I had Second Life on my family's computer and I created a female character for myself and I met a few people's characters briefly online and I passed well, of course. It slowed down the computer a lot, though, so I removed it before long. It wasn't as good as VR, but it was pretty good.

3. Charlene mentions Tri-ESS where you can dress when you get there and undress when you leave. We need to have places like that in every city, I think.

AngieStone
09-26-2014, 11:04 AM
I too have had a hard time dressing as of late and having this forum and some of the ladies here to chat with does help a great deal. Without it I don't know what I would do.

Annaliese
09-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Talking to other, and the support we get, can give us camaraderie and self-expression, it's not a replacement for dressing but a close second.

Kate Simmons
09-26-2014, 11:29 AM
I used to make video tapes of myself dancing to popular songs en femme. These were particularly helpful during "dry" periods of being unable to dress for whatever reason.This was also when I was head of a fully functional family which has not been the case since retirement. I'm pretty much free to do what I want nowadays. :battingeyelashes::)

Princess Grandpa
09-26-2014, 01:52 PM
I suspect this might be why so many of us enjoy shopping so much. I can't always be Rita but I can always buy her a new pair of panties.

Hug
Rita

Julie Denier
09-26-2014, 02:58 PM
My dressing opportunities are sporadic, so I'm constantly on this site and other related sites, as well as online shopping and reviewing my old photos ;)

Jaylyn
09-26-2014, 03:06 PM
This site has gotten me thru many times when I couldn't dress for a time period. I guess we live thru others vicariously by hearing about their dressing experiences.

Requal Jo
09-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Only my wife knows about Requal. I am a private dresser and will probably never muster the courage or confidence to go out. Hence this forum is a great support and outlet for me.

carahawkwind
09-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Online shopping is fun when I haven't dressed in a while, even if I don't end up buying anything. Places like this or perhaps depending on the mood much less classy websites. Look through my older pictures on flikr, think about which looks I think hold up best and might want to expand on the future.

Or sometimes I'm just too exhausted and worn out to care.

LelaK
09-27-2014, 01:46 AM
An idea I've had is meeting via VR, virtual reality, which I added to my opening post. And simulating touch would make it even more amazingly wonderful.

Beverley Sims
09-27-2014, 02:10 AM
Lela,
I like your thoughts and ideas, it is forward thinking like this that makes progress for us.

Something for everyone to ponder.

Kaze_
09-27-2014, 02:47 AM
I don't think I've made a male character in a video game in forever. :P

As far as VR goes, one can only dream~ Its actually a common subject of manga and anime. "Gender bender" media has been my main outlet for years when I couldn't dress.

I'm suppose to be working on my art skills to use that as a outlet, but I've had a stressful week this week.

wanda66
09-27-2014, 05:16 AM
I would guess that most of us dress in some fashion while useing this site and others. I wonder if that's the case.I know i do ..even now pantis under my nite gown drink ing my mornings coffee ?

charlenesomeone
09-27-2014, 05:21 AM
I just joined Tri-Ess, that have a lot of chapters around. It may be an opportunity, to meet.
You can go in drab, change there and change back to drab there.
Underdressing helps too.
Hugs
Char

bridget thronton
09-27-2014, 01:21 PM
I agree shopping is always a winner for me