PDA

View Full Version : Lip Sync Fantasy

Cheryl Ann Owens
09-27-2014, 11:41 AM
I don't recall anything like this being discussed. But imagine if you could be fully dressed in front of a crowd after a professional make over. Now you had a chance to lip-sync to your favorite female artist. Who might that be?

I have one that makes me feel great that is from the old group ABBA. I don't know the lead singer's name but I can sure relate not only to my love of 1970's fashion but with the message in this song. This is who I'd love to emulate in a performance.

I always feel my best, yet envious, to see and sing along with the message that could pertain to most of us.

Cheryl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r82fyOb8F5w

Katey888
09-27-2014, 12:06 PM
I think that's Anna-Frid, Cheryl... :)

Has to be Shania - Man, I feel like a woman... And if I could look like this (yes, it would be a miracle...!) I'd do it in public too... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJL4UGSbeFg

Katey x

Cheryl Ann Owens
09-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Katey! (AKA Shania. LOL!) That was cool and a great video! I'm willing to bet there are many like me who aren't even members here who have the same kind of envy I have. I have envied women all my life and today do the best I can. I'd love to live in a society where, according to what Anna sing, I could "cross the street" "live a fantasy", and follow that dream. This song and video can bring tears to my eyes.

Cheryl x

Beverley Sims
09-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Cheryl,
I did lip sync to the tune "I enjoy being a girl" at any 'talent' nights that came up years ago.
I actually won one of them, the highlight of my career I might add.
No particular artist but Abba and their songs are popular among us and there are a few I would belt out.

Being a bit of a show off, I would try and mime anything going and put a microphone in front of me I always 'try' and hold the audience with one liners whether in drab or otherwise. :)

Kate Simmons
09-27-2014, 01:05 PM
I do a lot of them. Taylor Dayne, Whitney Housten, Pat Benatar, Madonna, Patty Loveless to name just a few. Always enjoy it immensely. :battingeyelashes::)

Cheryl Ann Owens
09-27-2014, 02:14 PM
I'd love to impersonate Barbara Striesand or Celine Dion! Just think -- dressing for entertainment and the audience doesn't know what you really feel!

Cheryl

5150 Girl
09-27-2014, 02:33 PM
I've done Joan Jett, and Lita Ford

sometimes_miss
09-27-2014, 04:24 PM
I do it all the time. Right now, my favorites are a singing group from Japan, AKB48. Most of the time, it's a chorus; they don't have a whole lot of solo lines. So I can pretend to be whoever I want. While there are lots of talented singers if you had to pick one, perhaps Sayaka Akimoto. 233152233157233158

Badwolf
09-27-2014, 10:00 PM
I'd go a lot by specific song. Some are just fun to get up and dance to, others aren't.

JamieG
09-28-2014, 09:25 AM
I have had this experience three times, and it's amazing. It was drag show for charity. All three times my wife got up on stage with me, twice in F2M drag, and once as a drag queen herself. Our first time we did "Tilt Ya Head Back" by Nelly and Christina Aguilera, our second time "Telephone" by Lady Gaga and Beyonce (I was Lady Gaga), and finally "Rock Lobster" by the B-52s. For the last one, I had a professional makeover done and borrowed a super-tall wig; everyone thought I was a pro (until I got up on stage, that is). If I get the opportunity, I'll definitely do it again.

Lexi Moralas
09-29-2014, 08:31 AM
Nancy Wilson from heart. Corsets high heels and guitars , oh my