PDA

View Full Version : Stepping out for the First Time

SmoothLegs
09-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Hi All, I'm going to be away working for a weekend on my own..Cant wait for the downtime ..but i am thinking i would love to step out dressed up..but i feel so much anxiety to even think it..but there is a huge urge to try it..should i try it in steps..i was thinking of some shorts and a lace singlet, but pedicure my toes and paint them a bright colour..a little eyeliner or something ? Anyone with some thoughts and experiences on trying this...Mandy

Jenniferathome
09-28-2014, 01:11 AM
If you want to blend, dress as the women do and wear your make up like the women do at the time and location of your outing. Shorts might be fine. Follow the lead of the women.

Jasmine Mae
09-28-2014, 01:56 AM
I totaly agree with Jennifer. Prob shouldn't dress to 'flashy' unless you are wanting to be seen. I can not speak from experience as my only outing was a daytime country cruise with my gf. It was amazing though i never left the vehicle,i never wanted day to end. After much thought my first real outing just may be mosying around a large cemetary. Lil weird i know but not many people,lotsa open space. Maybe give it a try girl.
xoxo Jasmine

charlenesomeone
09-28-2014, 04:09 AM
If you are away from home, so what.
As Jenn said, look at the GG's and follow that dress theme.
Also be safe, do what girls do at that time of day.
And keep a big smile on your face.
Hugs

Tami Joy
09-28-2014, 04:16 AM
We all have to go out at sometime.So go for it.Wear what you feel comfortable in.

Marcelle
09-28-2014, 05:44 AM
Hi there,

I am not sure what you mean by steps? Are you saying you are planning to go out in guy mode but wearing shorts, lace singlet, painted toenails and eyeliner only? Or are you planning to go out complete "en femme"?

In either case it really depends on your comfort level with yourself and others. Being in guy mode with obvious "femme" alterations is going to get noticed very quickly but if you are comfortable dressed as such and feel this is the best way forward then like those who go out dressed complete "en femme" . . . own the moment and be happy. If you are going out dressed complete "en femme" and your intent is to "blend" then I would follow the advice of others and wear what you see other GGs wearing. However, if you are not fussed by what you are wearing, feel great and have inner self confidence in the things you do . . . enjoy.

One word of advice, play safe in either case. Public venues, daytime and ensure you have an exit plan. Let us know how it goes.

Hugs

Isha

SmoothLegs
09-28-2014, 06:12 AM
Hi Isha , what i mean by steps is to implement only small amounts of Femme in guy mode...I think Id be more comfortable like this to start with ..but ill see how i feel when the time arises.. I will play it safe and will share the experience for sure ..

Jenniferathome
09-28-2014, 10:20 AM
..but i am thinking i would love to step out dressed up..but i feel so much anxiety to even think it..but there is a huge urge to try it..should i try it in steps.....

Hi Isha , what i mean by steps is to implement only small amounts of Femme in guy mode....

Mandy, this confuses me. Partially dressing is fine, but would that not cause more anxiety as you will be easily identified as a cross dresser? I assume your anxiety is about being "discovered?" I think a partial state is far more noticeable.

SmoothLegs
09-28-2014, 11:38 AM
I haven't looked at that angle Jennifer ..but i clearly understand what you mean.. Hence why I've asked what approach i can take. . its on my mind heaps and i think your spot on with it being far more noticeable...Maybe to build my confidence may need a very quiet place but be completely femme..one thing is for sure I'm going to give it a go!

Angie926
09-28-2014, 12:00 PM
I don't know what you mean by steps but if you've never been out before how but a little stroll after dark just around the outside of your house, down to the mail box or something like that get used to the feel of being outside before you confront it all head on.Anyway that's my 2 cents!

Beverley Sims
09-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Try some clothes out first, look out the door take stock of what is there, retire to the sanctity of your room and try a little makeup.
It can't be done in one hit it does take a number of false starts and a little tripping over before you get there. :)

Ginger Jameson
09-28-2014, 08:35 PM
I say dive on in. Things are rarely as bad as we fear they'll be. Also, you'll stand out less if you're fully dressed than if you're half and half.

Badwolf
09-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Some small things will draw attention, but probably not particularly bad ones. I've had good experiences with painted nails (not always the brightest colors though), light foundation, etc. Wear what you can own (what your comfortable with).

As for going out dressed, practice at home, and do small outtings at first. Public places are good, especially places where people are very focused on their own lives.

Krisi
09-29-2014, 09:03 AM
The problem with shorts is (besides having to shave your legs), most of us don't have the hips and upper thighs to pull off a feminine figure and padded panties can only do so much. Jeans or a skirt seem to work better. Not a tight skirt, something that flares from the waist.

I would suggest a more subdued color on the toenails.