PDA

View Full Version : Funny discussion the other night

Tracii G
09-29-2014, 05:23 PM
I was out to dinner with some friends the other night and keep in mind these are testosterone type guys not CD types.
The discussion turned to cold weather and one guy said he had heard of men wearing pantyhose in the winter to say warm working outdoors.
I responded yeah pantyhose will keep you warm I've done it.
One guy snapped his head around and gave me a odd look.
He said what if you are in an accident and have to go to the hospital? The doctor and nurses would see you in them.
I replied so what? I'm sure they have seen it all and they wouldn't care.
Then he said wouldn't that be funny a crossdressing truck driver in pantyhose!!!
I said I'm sure there are plenty of them out there and what difference does that make? They get the freight delivered.
He didn't have an answer and just gave me a funny look and said well you won't see me wearing pantyhose.
I replied well I'm not going to look but I wouldn't say anything if you did wear them.
The other guy said if they keep me warm in the winter who cares?
I said exactly my point.

Madilyn A.
09-29-2014, 05:27 PM
been part of a similar discussion more than once.

Nikki A.
09-29-2014, 05:38 PM
They sell tights for men, but at a higher price and in the end it does the same thing. Keeps you warm and offers support.
On the days in the winter when I know that I may be on my feet a lot and outside I'll wear tights and I'll feel the difference. Not a CD thing, just being practical.
Before I knew I needed a hip replacement, I couldn't walk any type of distance without being in pain (long story why the drs didn't know earlier). There were times when I didn't want to disappoint my kids so I tried the sheer energy support control top p/h and it was amazing how much better and longer I was able to go.

Sometimes Steffi
09-29-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm from New England, and I was on the track team. We had a track meet the next town over, and one of their runners was wearing PH to keep warm. Everyone one my team was in shock; them because they couldn't believe a guy was wearing PH, and me, because I wanted to be that guy.

To make a long story short, the PH guy beat the pants off us, and we left with grudging respect.

Tania75
09-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Working outside a lot, I have often worn tights under my work trousers during the winter months. I just wear longer socks of the same color as my tights, and no-one notices.
I also often wear cycling tights when cycling to work, and have struck up conversations and friendships with the office girls just because of my wearing tights.
I have had no problems actually purchasing tights in shops, especially with shops with self-serve checkouts. Just make sure you purchase tights with a long enough leg, as females and their legs tend to be shorter than mens.

Beverley Sims
09-29-2014, 10:18 PM
Pantyhose and heavy denier stockings sure keep you warm in the winter, but that is not my main reason for wearing them. :)

Heidi Stevens
09-29-2014, 10:18 PM
I was a project engineer fresh out of college and one day in November the bottom dropped out on the temperature. I didnt have enough time to go home and get my thermals, so I took a break at a near by 7/11, bought a pair of pantyhose and went back to the field office and put them on. At lunch the rest of the crew was complaining about how cold their legs were with just jeans on. I told them my secret and they all said I was nuts. I said I may be nuts but my legs are warmer than you! Two guys headed over to the 7/11, and by three, two of the remaining three had headed there too. That left just one hold out who'd rather freeze than stoop to wearing woman's clothes! I always considered this the first time my little habit saved my bacon! I've always wondered how the 7/11 clerk explained all the pantyhose sales to construction workers that day?:)

Jorja
09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
A bear rug and a nice fire will keep you warm also. ;)

Rachelakld
09-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Thinking the "other guy" looks forward to winter and an excuse to wear PH

rachellegsep
09-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Under jeans or leather pants whilst riding in winter on a motor bike :-)

Teresa
09-30-2014, 05:04 AM
Some guys talk as if once you have women's clothes on something dreadful is going to happen and you can never take them off again !
Tights are useful for an extra layer in winter, the problem is the cold also gets to my bladder and have to make regular toilet visits ! Then I find them very inconvenient !!

Marcelle
09-30-2014, 05:25 AM
Hey Tracii,

Great conversation and a great way to introduce stealth CDing conversation . . . I wonder now if the guy who was adamant is now sitting staring at a package of pantyhose going . . . "Hmmm" :)

Hugs

Isha

Melanie B
09-30-2014, 05:38 AM
Or maybe he was worried in case someone noticed that he was already wearing a bra and knickers!

Ressie
09-30-2014, 06:10 AM
I would focus on the guy that brought it up in the first place. See if he ever touches on fem clothing topics again.

Krisi
09-30-2014, 06:11 AM
Joe Namath (famous football player) not only wore them, he did TV commercials for them.

The fact that they keep your legs warm in winter is a good thing. The fact that they keep your legs warm in summer is a bad thing. For those of us who don't shave our legs, panty hose (or better yet patterned tights) help to hide leg hair.

BLUE ORCHID
09-30-2014, 07:01 AM
Hi Tracii, They keep both your legs & your mind warm.:thumbsup:

CarlaWestin
09-30-2014, 07:05 AM
I've worn pantyhose or tights to keep my legs warm. They look great with a short jean skirt and those cute little white lace top socks and maryjanes.
And, like many of you, I've endured these bone headed dumb-ass conversations. Usually guys that rarely get close to beautiful women. For half of my day, I am one.

arial
09-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Topic once came up when talking with a motorcycle officer. Told me during cold weather some officers were known to wear "tights". Not pantyhose...never. Tights were alright though. Yeah......

deebra
09-30-2014, 07:57 AM
So why are men and society still in the stone age and so uptight and scared of men wearing female clothing?????? They have accepted male to female changes such as the Beatles with long hair, ear rings first just one ear and then both just like women. Women wear mens clothes all the time and it's just the norm, but when a man wears womens he looked down on, ridiculed, and considered weird or gay. WILL IT EVER CHANGE????????

NicoleScott
09-30-2014, 08:17 AM
Ambulance and ER personnel have seen it all (things in places that don't belong there, etc.), and this wouldn't likely cause even a blink. Unless the guy was wearing pantyhose under a pair of khakis in mild weather.
I've never worn pantyhose under my hunting clothes in cold weather. I wear thermal underwear.
I guess I could wear pantyhose under my hunting clothes, and if somebody should ask why I don't wear thermal underwear instead, I could say " well, I didn't have any thermal underwear and I have lots of pantyhose......"

Tina B.
09-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Of course real men don't want to wear pantyhose, after all look at the people on this site, we have all put on female clothes once, and couldn't stop!
It's to dangerous to risk, better to freeze!

karanne
09-30-2014, 10:32 AM
I remember seeing in Olympic coverage that male swimmers train wearing PH, as it adds resistance to make their muscles stronger.

That being said, you can buy thermal tights (I get them from Amazon) that look like socks. Nobody needs to know...

Tracii G
09-30-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm the different one in this circle of friends and I'm sure they wonder about me sometimes.
I like to push it with them a little and keep them guessing.

Michelle Charles
09-30-2014, 11:28 AM
I live in Iowa, just a but chilly around here come winter. Tights are awesome in winter, they are great to stay warm on cold football Saturdays, fishing, or blowing snow for 2-3 hours. I wear them under dress clothes and then don't need dress sock, black tights look alot like the new lines of dress sox for men!!
Michelle

bridget thronton
09-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Well said Tina - try it once and you are hooked - hehehehe

Sarah Beth
09-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Back in the 70's a lot of the guys I rode bikes with wore pantyhose when the weather was cold. Of course I wore them, but not just when riding. I recently had someone tell me tights would be warmer than p/h in the winter so I am thinking about that for this winter, but I always found the p/h to be warmer and more comfortable than the the men's therma underwear.

suchacutie
09-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Shoveling snow for me is never short as it's the sidewalks and then the tractor for the driveway. I sure as heck put on PH before I go out! It's especially good at keeping feet warm under socks and workboots!

paulaprimo
09-30-2014, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=Krisi;3607923]Joe Namath (famous football player) not only wore them, he did TV commercials for them.

soooooo true krisi!! if they are good enough for joe namath, they are good enough for me :)

since he led us to our ONLY superbowl, maybe more of the jets today should be wearing them...cause we suk!! :)

phylis anne
09-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Hey Jorja! 'A bear rug and a nice fire will keep you warm also." being alaskan the best reply to that is that the bear might object LOL although I do agree with you :D Back in my usaf days I was in a special unit in the field so we went to ft bullis in texas for some training, The command sgt major got up to give his speech and then produced an egg shaped container ---leggs he said we should all wear these we laughed thinking about the steers and q----s joke in texas ,but he was serious he said it would keep the ticks and chiggers off of us . I'll always remember the weird special feeling I got wearing them
hugs phylis anne

JayeLefaye
09-30-2014, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Krisi;3607923]Joe Namath (famous football player) not only wore them, he did TV commercials for them.

soooooo true krisi!! if they are good enough for joe namath, they are good enough for me :)

since he led us to our ONLY superbowl, maybe more of the jets today should be wearing them...cause we suk!! :)

Ahem...It's not that Krisi and Paula and I are actually OLD enough to remember those commercials:-)....But around that same time, or so I've heard, Sammy Davis Jr. also came out publicly in support of men wearing pantyhose because of the support they provided his incredibly talented legs(and it had nothing to do with cold weather)...And Mr. Davis hung out with "The Rat Pack", and ain't nobody, nowhere, was ever more macho than the Rat Pack!

And to bring my mentioning the Rat Pack back around to the relevancy of Tracii G's conversation....Those who are truly "macho", are the Dudes who are secure in their masculinity and don't give a rat's pattootie about "but what would happen if"......To me, it sounds like there was only one person at that table who didn't quite realize what "machoness" truly means.

Everyone else at that table took the conversation into interesting levels...Well done Tracii G!!!!

Jaye

Diane1950
09-30-2014, 06:08 PM
I started wearing pantyhose in cold weather after I read that pro football players wear them in places like Green Bay or Minneapolis in December.
I wear them for other reasons too lol but they keep me warm when shoveling snow.

Jorja
09-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Hey Jorja! 'A bear rug and a nice fire will keep you warm also." being alaskan the best reply to that is that the bear might object LOL although I do agree with you :D
hugs phylis anne

I have never had one object yet! :)

Ressie
09-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Anyone switching to leggings in the winter?

karanne
09-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Anyone switching to leggings in the winter?
As much "winter" we get here in Florida (three to four weeks of temps in the 4C (25F) range) I normally wear leggings or tights. For routine office wear I choose generally opaque tights, the 'winter' ones are thermal and generally black. I've never liked sheer hose, my legs are not my best feature.

sometimes_miss
10-01-2014, 02:25 AM
This goes back to the '70's. Someone discovered that pantyhose made a difference mostly by decreasing the evaporation of moisture from the skin, so the person didn't feel as cold. But thermal underwear is much better. So if you're just looking for an excuse to wear pantyhose, there you go, but if you're looking to stay warm, there are far better options out there. Damart thermolactyl underwear, for example, is terrific. I used to wear it when i worked outdoors in the wintertime. Works great.
FYI! JUST DON'T PUT IT IN THE DRYER, IT WILL SHRINK BEYOND BELIEF! Hang dry only.

Sarasometimes
10-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Tracii, good post.
Heidi, the hold out from the 7/11 story is the same guy out at the mall with is wife or SO standing at the edge of the women's or Lingerie Depts. for fear the clothes will jump off the racks and attack him. I see a real paradox/contradiction with these guys. they act all sorts of macho but then they can't say "Honey you go shop I'll stay here." And the lack the real confidence to walk into those areas because they guys might make fun of me if they see me.

Simone's Lil' Sis
10-01-2014, 09:57 AM
.....He said what if you are in an accident and have to go to the hospital? The doctor and nurses would see you in them.
I replied so what? I'm sure they have seen it all and they wouldn't care....
I have to wear THREE pairs of gloves if I venture outside in the cold Winter months here, Tracii. As far as the Hosp. staff having "seen it all", you are SO right. Nothing surprises them. I used to date a Surgical Tech. & the stories he'd tell me about what he saw when Accident victims were brought in for Emer. Surgery were disgusting; appalling & horrifying - just like my ‘About Me’ Tab.