PDA

View Full Version : Another step

Michelle Charles
09-30-2014, 11:02 AM
I don't have the ability to dress as much as I want , SO disapproves, so I started wearing light eye makeup several years ago, nearly every day. I found an eye shadow that compliment w/o jumping at you, a mascara when carefully applied is pretty. I wear bit of a perfect toned blush. It is generally unnoticable except for close examination. I have had a few look closely in my eyes, but have not said a thing. I have had coworkers tell me how jealous they are of a guy having such long lashes! Maybe they know, maybe not. No one has been cruel or negative in any way. Today is the first day to wear some foundation. I have played with mineral makeup for some time, when fully made up find that it does not cover enough. But I have found a shade, when well applied carefully, gives me a very nice finish, beard still shows, but looks great, so far my college students and secretaries have not said a word or given a second glance. Any of you wear makeup daily, i find it very comforting to do my makeup every morning, and am now encouraged by this new foundation experience!
Michelle

Beverley Sims
09-30-2014, 11:37 AM
I am surprised that you don't get objections from your SO.

Stephanie47
09-30-2014, 11:41 AM
If you truly think your wife and, at least female coworkers have not noticed, you're deceiving yourself. They may not say anything, but, they know. As to your wife? I suspect she is just shaking her head.

Jenniferathome
09-30-2014, 11:41 AM
...Maybe they know, maybe not. ...

They know. You don't care and the general population doesn't care but they know.

Teresa
09-30-2014, 11:56 AM
Michelle as others have said it won't go unnoticed, I know my wife gives me a second glance when I've just put a smear of lipstick on, even a natural shade looks different, as Stephanie says probably just shakes her head !!

Michelle Charles
09-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks gals, I don't radically disagree on being discovered, but in the case of the wifey, if she sees it, she would say something very quickly . I am confident in the combinations I have found, and can apply makeup in a very subtle way, like I say close examination will give it away. Anyhow , it is for me and makes me feel good and right, which is why we do this in the first place, right? I have had 1 incident, during holiday shopping, where I had a noticable amount of eye makeup on, a young lady checker, asked if I was wearing makeup and lead to a fun and pleasant discussion. It became an opportunity to give crossdressing a positive note in the world we live in that is somewhat disapporving.

Sometimes Steffi
09-30-2014, 08:52 PM
First let me say that it's great that you found a way to wear light makeup when you want.

But, how do you put it on so that your wife never sees you putting it on?

lexivanderpump
09-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Michelle,
Your wife knows. She's just "turning the other cheek". I am glad you have the confidence you do to wear make up daily. You go girl!

Love,
Lexi V.

Jenniferathome
09-30-2014, 09:17 PM
By the way, "another step" toward what exactly?