PDA

View Full Version : I lost a bet

julie marie1
09-30-2014, 09:40 PM
A friend and I had a bet. The loser would have to dress as a women for the day. No cheating, the loser can't stay inside all day. They have to make at least one public appearance, shopping dining, etc. I "lost".
The question is, should I play it as expected? Or should I go out as Julie Marie?

Andy66
09-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Heehee! Depends on what sort of personality your friend has. Will you be with him when you go out? Why not do something totally unexpected, like getting dressed up really nice and make him take you to dinner? Have fun!

nvlady
09-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Is there a GG that you are both friendly with? You could tell her "I lost a bet with George and I have to dress as a girl for a day. I decided if I'm going to do it, I might as well go all the way, top to bottom. Could you help me with the clothes and makeup?"

Heidi Stevens
09-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Interesting dilemma, Julie! I'd go full bore and let Julie show up. If I'm going out in public, I'm going to look my best! You could use the cover of a trusting female to help "get you ready" but finish the job yourself if her presentation is not up to your standard. Then you say to your friends that she made you up.

MelanieAnne
09-30-2014, 09:58 PM
WOW! What a great excuse if you get caught sometime. :D "I lost a bet".

Andy66
09-30-2014, 10:04 PM
I wonder what would have happened if your friend had lost? Would he have shown up as a really ugly woman? Or maybe he has done this before too. ;)

julie marie1
09-30-2014, 10:12 PM
You don't really think I would let my friend lose do you? It was too good an opportunity to pass up.

Sallee
09-30-2014, 10:12 PM
I keep trying to lose those bets. Good job I would play it straight go Julie all out Do your best if you can find a make over person go for it. YOu could always answer a craiglist add for a make over if you don't have a GG that will help. Just call them and tell them the story. Have fun get diner and dancing out of it. LOL

lingerieLiz
09-30-2014, 10:58 PM
It depends on your social circle and friend. He may have known you would lose and wanted to see you dressed. Tell him he has to take you to dinner. Then go all out. On the other hand if he freaks out you may want to go through the drive in.

When I was 18 an older friend jokingly suggested that we go to a drive in car show and movie. He wanted me to play the girl supposedly as a joke. I'm not sure if he knew I was a CD. I was going to go in joke mode. He said I better be pretty to ride with him. Anyway I bit and went all out. Did the poodle skirt, petticoats, blond wig and my landlady did my makeup. Little did I know that he would drive his 57 chevy convertible and enter us in the contest. We had a great time but it changed our relationship. He wanted to continue the charade and I also liked it. It was fun feeling like a girl and cursing around. The problem was he wanted me as a guy and was ok if I dressed and I only liked girls.

Dana L
09-30-2014, 11:05 PM
I would go out as Julie Marie. Although if I'm going to do something I do it to the best I can, no matter what it is. Another thing to think of, if your going to go out in public dressed and you do it badly to cover any suspicions, wouldn't you be making a mockery of all of us? We want the public to start accepting and less pointing and laughing. Maybe I'm being too critical but it something to think about. Either way it's a chance to be out dressed.

AletaHawk
09-30-2014, 11:14 PM
It depends on your social circle and friend. He may have known you would lose and wanted to see you dressed. Tell him he has to take you to dinner. Then go all out. On the other hand if he freaks out you may want to go through the drive in.

I was thinking the same thing. Curious, how fair was the bet? If the odds were stacked against you, there may have been a reason. Just can't tell if that reason was something good, something bad, or maybe a little of both?

Beverley Sims
09-30-2014, 11:21 PM
I would go all out, to go half hearted would not bring any satisfaction to anyone, if you go all out and are successful everyone will remember you, support you and have something to talk about for years to come.
You will be a legend. :)

Gillian Gigs
09-30-2014, 11:26 PM
If you embrace this situation too much, you may give yourself away. They may end up thinking, why is he enjoying this so much!

julie marie1
09-30-2014, 11:30 PM
That is the question, would I give myself away? On the other hand, I could always claim that since I had to do it, I may as well try to do it right.

AletaHawk
09-30-2014, 11:46 PM
On the other hand, I could always claim that since I had to do it, I may as well try to do it right.

Nothing wrong with that! Why bothering doing something if you're not going to do it well?

VS Fan
10-01-2014, 01:16 AM
I'd say just don't trot out $300 forms, or expensive lingerie --- who's going to pay that kind of money for a lost bet? Sadly you'll have to make do with a home remedy kind of thing by shoving nylons in your bra etc. But yeah, I would love to lose a bet like that :)

sometimes_miss
10-01-2014, 01:51 AM
At the end of the day, if you think there's any problem brewing, just ask, 'So, how did I do? Do you think I have the chops to be an actor professionally? I worked real hard to get this role down right. Did I miss anything?'

Kate Simmons
10-01-2014, 03:50 AM
I used to lose a lot of bets. Ask any store clerk in three states.:)

Marcelle
10-01-2014, 04:11 AM
Hi Julie Marie,

I guess it depends on the potential of accidently outing yourself. I would take a middle of the road approach and come out swinging not in a major league kind of way but more so "farm team". Down play the make-up (not too god), if you have a cheaper wig I would shoot with that and reasonable clothes with flat shoes (so you don't have to explain why you walk in heels so well). I would also downplay your mannerisms and femme behaviors (this is not something a guy can just do at the lost of a bet). If he asks about the make-up just say you have GG friend who helped you get ready for the bet. You don't have to show up as a stereotypical guy dressed as a caricature woman, you can do it with a bit of grace . . . just not whole hog.

However, if you are not concerned of accidently outing yourself . . . bring out the whole package and enjoy.

Hugs

Isha

BOBBI G.
10-01-2014, 06:07 AM
Julie,
My question is, "Who are you?" If you are really Julie, then be you. If you are the boy side, have fun and be him, just playing girl. Think about this and and take what you think is the best course.

Bobbi

Krisi
10-01-2014, 06:39 AM
I' m trying to understand how one gets into a situation like this where there is a bet and the loser has to dress as a woman for a day. It's not something that has ever happened to me or anyone I know.

To answer the original question, someone touched on this, but if you come out in a set of $300 breast forms, padded hips and panties, a nice wig, women's shoes that fit you and perfect makeup, you have outed yourself as a crossdresser.

The alternative, a bra stuffed with socks and a wig from the costume store just doesn't sound like much fun to me.

It's your choice though.

WandaRae2009
10-01-2014, 06:42 AM
You are so lucky. However you decide to accomplish it have fun with it.

Sarasometimes
10-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Julie are you still married over 40 years with 4 kids? You may need to take that into account as to how you handle this. Will your kids see you dressed as Julie for this "bet"? If your wife knows of Julie have her help you.
Interesting post since usually the lost bet situations befall the younger crowd but you are lucky.

Curious as to how the bet came to be and for what? This info may influence how you handle it, thanks for the details.

Annaliese
10-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Go all out, this chance won't come up again

NicoleScott
10-01-2014, 08:22 AM
You say you lost a bet, but really, you won, right?

Bria
10-01-2014, 09:06 AM
I'd do it right without going over board. Dress appropriately for the venue and your age, just as has been said here many times and then have fun!!

Hugs, Bria

Tracy Hazel Lee
10-01-2014, 01:38 PM
To answer the original question, someone touched on this, but if you come out in a set of $300 breast forms, padded hips and panties, a nice wig, women's shoes that fit you and perfect makeup, you have outed yourself as a crossdresser.

The alternative, a bra stuffed with socks and a wig from the costume store just doesn't sound like much fun to me.

It's your choice though.I did exactly this last year for halloween. I went to a party and went all out. Just as you mentioned, forms, padded butt and hips, wig...everything. Was I trying to out myself? Not really, but I told myself that if anyone starts asking the 'right' questions, I wasn't going to lie about it. Whether or not anyone suspected something, nobody said anything. (maybe they were afraid to ask??)

Now the question is, should I do it again this year if they're having another party? Hmmm.....I guess I'll have to wait and see.

CDJessie
10-01-2014, 03:24 PM
I say go all out. be who you were meant to be and what makes you comfortable :)

bimini1
10-01-2014, 05:51 PM
I say go all the way and just blow his mind out.

Andy66
10-01-2014, 08:53 PM
I' m trying to understand how one gets into a situation like this where there is a bet and the loser has to dress as a woman for a day. It's not something that has ever happened to me or anyone I know.

It happened twice at my work. They used to do all sorts of great motivational things when we met our goals. Managers had to dress like women, or do karaoke, or cook us dinner etc.

lexivanderpump
10-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Go all out and take your friend as your date. Have fun with it.

Love,
Lexi V.

mechamoose
10-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Dress to the nines, sweetie.

If they give you odd looks, just reply.. "What? I lost the bet, I'm just making good on it."

Nobody will ever give you that kind of bet (or take yours) ever again.

<3

- MM

MissTee
10-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Go for middle of the road. You have the fun without the worry of outing yourself (unless you don't mind being outed.)

Years ago in the town I grew up in there was an electric utility company who held an annual charity fundraiser. All the male executives, managers, and other leaders had to participate in a womanless beauty contest to raise money for the charity of choice. They were assigned to a fellow female leader who would "own the charity girls" and was responsible for helping them dress/act to win. The other female employees would be recruited to help with dressing and coaching the charity girls. This drove the employee teams to compete for fund raising.

It was an elaborate affair and the "charity girls" were dressed, made up, and encouraged to be as genuinely en femme as possible as the more believable they were the more money they raised. There were talent contests where the charity girls would do baton twirling or cheerleading, fashion shows, and the like. Weeks before the show it was not uncommon to be downtown and encounter fully en femme dressed men panhandling for pre-show pledges. When the show date finally arrived, the audience was expected to pledge money to the teams based on their performance. The "show" was held at a local amphitheater and it was a much revered venue amongst the townspeople. It was always a packed house and I remember as a pre-teen watching it in absolute awe.

The fun finally ended when the age of sensitivity came about and someone filed a lawsuit against the power company for mocking a certain gender group. I now think back about that wondrous time, the show, the excitement and comedic thrill and the whole community gathering to enjoy cross-dressers on parade.

CherylFlint
10-01-2014, 10:25 PM
I'd do the very best you can do and just relax.
Have fun, Julie.
Sincerely,
Cheryl
NOTE TO Dana L: Good point.

Tracii G
10-01-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't buy the bet scenario. That has been used here so many times.
Are you sure its not you trying to justify your dressing?
You can be honest here nobody is going to flame you for it we all understand.

julie marie1
10-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Some of you seem skeptical about this bet idea. Apparently for some this is a well used technique, however, I was not aware of this, it is new to me. It is true the bet was rigged, I never intended to lose. In my situation I simply could not present myself in public en fem. I need a way, that some others would know about, for it to appear that I was "forced" to go out as a women. Particularly, given that it is October, for others the idea would not be to bizarre.

Beverley Sims
10-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Yeah! I just remembered, I drew the short straw once and had to be the bride.

There were three others that wanted that straw too.

So did I lose the bet. :)

Julie,
Me? Skeptical?

Tracii G
10-02-2014, 01:02 PM
If you wanted to go out enfemme you could have why does it take a bet to get you to do so?
A majority of us here did it with out a bet.
I never saw why people have to use a bet scenario to try to justify their desire to dress up and go out enfemme.

SANDRA MICHELLE
10-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Just a thought, maybe totally wrong but I think that any friend that would pose this kind of bet is a secret closet crossdresser. I would ask your friend if he secretly wanted to lose the bet and tell him you should both get dressed up and go out. That way you both win.

vallerie lacy
10-02-2014, 01:33 PM
How lucky can a girl get? As for me, I only lose the lottery. I have no luck at all.

suzanne
10-02-2014, 03:37 PM
How did you get yourself into a bet like that? Are you trying to find a way to come out to your circle of friends?

Eryn
10-02-2014, 08:03 PM
The issue with a bet like this is that it may force you to be out in pubic with someone who thinks that a male being en femme is the ultimate humiliation.

If you're too good at it it may out you. If you aren't good at it you'll be ridiculed.

I'd much rather be out with people who are true friends who accept me as I am.

Tracii G
10-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Too many red flags for me.

Lexi_83
10-03-2014, 09:34 AM
A friend and I had a bet. The loser would have to dress as a women for the day. No cheating, the loser can't stay inside all day. They have to make at least one public appearance, shopping dining, etc. I "lost".
The question is, should I play it as expected? Or should I go out as Julie Marie?Will they pick up the tab for dinner?

Joni T
10-03-2014, 11:46 AM
In a situation like that, you'd probably be accompanied by the '' winner'' who would be taking pictures of the event to prove that you held up your end of the deal. It might behoove you to have a photog accompany you, although it would definitely draw attention to you, which may or may not be what you want. I'm just sayin'.............
Joni

suchacutie
10-03-2014, 01:04 PM
"anything worth doing is worth doing well!" as you stand tall in your heels. You could initially look a little unstable in your heels,too.

AndreaSC
10-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Take it and RUN with it...just don't stumble in your heels...;)

Andy66
10-03-2014, 08:03 PM
It might behoove you to have a photog accompany you, although it would definitely draw attention to you, which may or may not be what you want. I'm just sayin'.............

Oooohhh... yeah. Then people will think youre somebody famous. Cool. You want to be closeup ready for that. :)

Samantha_Smile
10-04-2014, 08:27 AM
In this circumstance, I would probably chicken out and play it out like this poor lad I saw on facebook
http://blog.ub.ac.id/fitras/files/2014/03/blog.jpg

~Joanne~
10-04-2014, 09:09 AM
WOW! What a great excuse if you get caught sometime. :D "I lost a bet".

Actually, NO. It's the most played out excuse I think there is by now and no one ever believes it anyways.

CarlaWestin
10-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Just saw this thread and jumped to the reply.
Go full sexey, buxomy BOOM! And taunt the MF all day. "Come on, big boy! You can't handle this!"
Then go shoot the biggest deer.

Stephanie47
10-04-2014, 11:05 AM
I have not read all the comments. But, if this dare in on the level and not some fantasy my answer is to get dolled up and as passable as possible. I read in the introductory post you are married, so, if your ensemble and makeup are too perfect give your wife credit. If you are an expert in five inch heels, I'd stay with a low heel as to not really "blow your cover."

Now, I'd make your friend take you to lunch or dinner at a sit down restaurant. If he thinks you are going to be subjected to guessing games as to whether you are a true cross dresser, then, they can also guess whether you friend "likes to date" cross dressers. I'd just love to be sitting at the next table. And, don't do this Halloween! That's cheating!

Michelle_NY
10-04-2014, 11:35 AM
I wish I can lose a bet like that hon. It would be a dream

terrianncd
10-04-2014, 11:44 AM
I would try to do this as "right" as possible. Have fun, but please don't add to the negative impression folks have by going out as a "drag queen". I mean no offense to anyone here, but we have enough to overcome in our lives without promoting a "stereotype".
Oh and I like losing "bets" too!