PDA

View Full Version : Help! What to wear to Renaissance Faire?

Jackie7
10-03-2014, 08:15 AM
My wife and I have just been invited to join friends at the Renaissance Fair this Sunday, I've never been but looking at online photos it looks like a venue where Miss Jackie could dress up and step out (I am out to the friends we'll be going with though none of them are CD).

But what to wear? I've got a black peasant-cut dress that looks like the titsy blouses I see on line, maybe with a corset? I suppose a Dominatrix look would be going too far? What other looks and roles would be appropriate?

bridget thronton
10-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Gypsy and pirate are common looks besides the tavern wench (and of course the grand lady as well). Hope you have a great time.

rachael.davis
10-03-2014, 11:15 AM
It's kind of hard to go too far at a renfair but this might help a bit http://ccrenfaire.com/renaissance-costume-shop/cheap-easy-costumes/

Kris Avery
10-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Have a great time, be sure that your indecision doesn't cause a stalemate - you need to wear clothes.

Jackie7
10-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Thanks girls for the advice, I did go on line and look at more Ren Fair outfits, then the princess and I went to the Goodwill store and combed the Hallowe'en racks as well as the women's wear, we found a terrific medieval-looking dress I will wear with a corset, and for her a floor-lenmgth green velvet skirt with a corset and titsy ivory-colored blouse. We'll get some photos tomorrow and post them here. Thanks again!

Martha G
10-04-2014, 07:29 PM
I have a floor length Medieval Duchess gown with a small train. It's great for a Renaissance Fair. The outfit also includes a hennen with a lace veil.

I have been told that I look lovely in it.

And I feel great wearing it too! En femme to the hilt!

Beverley Sims
10-05-2014, 01:25 AM
I think it is Haloween with a difference.
Dress well and you really get compliments for your effort.

Tammietoo
10-05-2014, 08:16 PM
If I were going, I'd love to wear something like this, have fun.

Jackie7
10-06-2014, 02:06 PM
We had a great time. Here's a shot of the princess and me in our Goodwill Renfair duds (OK we already had the corsets breastforms and my wig). As others have reported, a hassle-free experience and a lot of fun too.