PDA

View Full Version : Changes in my life.

Elizabeth Marie
10-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Mostly for the better.

I got laid off from my job in June, but had plenty of notice, and was very lucky to find another position before I was let go. The new job has better benefits, and is much closer to home. Starting next week, I'll be working four 10 hour days each week, alternating 4 day and 2 day weekends. The other great thing is that it's a day job, my old one was effectively second shift, with all kinds of unpredictable hours. The company expected all salaried employees to work a minimum of 48 hours a week.

Last week, my daughter finally moved to her own house after living with me for the last five years. I have my house to myself again! :)

O, yeah, almost forgot: I am also a grandparent! My granddaughter was born August 25.

Now the not so good change. My significant other asked for a relationship break a month ago. I agreed with her that a break would be beneficial for us, and have been enjoying some me time. At this time, I'm not sure I want the relationship to continue. I miss her, but I am enjoying life without relationship pressure. She asked me to call her tonight to chat about us. I suspect we'll be breaking up.

What all this means is that I can be a lot more flexible in dressing up. Before, I was restricted to weekday mornings only, or I had to hope my daughter and SO were out of town the same weekend, which never happened. Now, I can dress whenever I want. I dressed and went shopping last night, and plan to stay dressed all weekend. I'll be running some errands later, and really looking forward to doing it as Beth.

Kate Simmons
10-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Endurance with any change usually tells the tale my friend.:)

Katey888
10-04-2014, 07:56 AM
Sorry about your bad news Beth... :hugs: but congratz on being a grandparent... :cheer:

And well done for staying gainfully employed... important, that!

I guess every cloud has a silver lining too... so good luck with your 'break' time... :)

Katey x

Bria
10-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Beth, I sorry to hear of a potential breakup. I'll remember you in my prayers. As one door closes another door opens and life goes on. I hope that the future open a fruitful pathway for you.

Hugs, Bria

Eringirl
10-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Beth: very sorry to hear of your break up. Hope you will be okay with how ever it turns out.

Congrats on the job, sounds like a much better situation. And enjoy your new grandchild!!! :)

Beverley Sims
10-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Beth,
About the breakup, try and do it without any animosity.
For the rest of the changes, I wish you well.

Joni T
10-05-2014, 01:56 AM
I hope you can salvage your marriage. It can be saved providing BOTH parties want it to be. Divorce sucks hind tit BIG time. Been through it twice. I wouldn't wish it on any one.
Good luck to you and yours. Rest assured that what ever happens will be right.
Jon

Teresa
10-05-2014, 03:40 AM
Beth does your partner know about your dressing ? If she does know are you totally in the closet with it and have a full DADT ?
I have three grandchildren now and would prefer not to risk losing contact with them if I went through a separation !
The members on the forum have encouraged me to try and keep talking to my wife, it does appear to be working slowly !

I'm assuming that your partner wants a break to come to terms with your CDing or is only part of the picture ? You may feel you would like the break to dress more freely ! Many of us may feel like that at times but the trade off is what you walk away from !
I know I stand to lose too much, so will have to accept the compromises !

charlenesomeone
10-05-2014, 05:58 AM
Beth,
Good luck with all thats going on. Seems some highs and lows.
Hope you can be happy.
Char

Marcelle
10-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Hi Beth,

You certainly are going through some significant events and changes and know that we are all here for you should you need some support. BTW congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter . . . must be very exciting. I am sorry to hear about your relationship but like all relationships we can only do what we can to nurture them and sometime even that is not enough. I am glad you are getting some more Beth time during this as I am sure it will help to alleviate some of the stress you are feeling.

Hugs

Isha

Elizabeth Marie
10-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.

Just to clarify my relationship status a little, my SO and I are not married, nor do we live together. She does not know about Beth yet, but if we stay together I will be telling her.

We spoke on the phone last night for the first time in a month and discussed some relationship issues, but no resolution yet, just a mutual desire to try to resolve the issues. I came close to telling her about my cross dressing, but I think it would be better to tell her face to face.

The biggest issue for her is that we are not living together or married after five years together. I know I need to let her know that my reluctance to living together is due to my keeping my CD status a secret. I also know that there is a good chance she will end the relationship when I tell her, but whether it is due to the CDing, or the fact that I have kept it from her is the question. I do need to tell her so she as all the information she needs to make a decision.

I got divorced about 6 years ago for reasons other than CDing. My ex-wife learned about Beth early in our marriage, and almost divorced me then. She stayed with me, and ended up being very supportive of me, even buying me dresses, skirts, and lingerie. She just didn't want to see me wear them, but let me spend weekends at hotels 4-8 times a year.

Raychel
10-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Hello Beth.

Sound like some good changes and some bad changes in your life.
Personally I think you should have the talk with your SO sooner then later.
After 5 years she is probably looking for some sort of commitment. it is only fair for
her to know you reasoning why you are apprehensive, Now is the time for the talk.

It could go both ways, either good or bad, if it goes good then life will be great.
if not then it s a great time for you both to move on and find the perfect person to be in
your life.

Just my thoughts, I hope all works out well for you.

Krististeph
10-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Hi Elizabeth,

Sorry to hear about your break. But congrats on the new job!

Lots of stress points on the old stress scale, so go easy, don't forget to dress casual once in a while (it's really good for the soul, and makes dressing up nice that much more fun), get a little exercise to keep your mood up.

You have a great place to dress up in, I have spent a lot of time in the twin cities for work- not much dressing unless you could dressing while driving (I do)...

Congrats, granny! Seriously, this is a big reason why humans do so well- passing on of ideas across multiple generations-

K

Alice Torn
10-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Getting another job that quickly, is remarkable in this severe recession!! I have been out of work a long, long time, now on disability, looking for a part time one. And, I have not had a date, in well over four years! You have a job, and a long time girlfriend, both, things i have not had in decades. But, the wrench thrown in, is your dressing. That IS a tough one. The dressing, or possibly no more girlfriend. Honesty is best, and tell her in a very kind, diplomatic, loving way, assuring her you are willing to compromise. If she bolts, at least you did your part, in honesty.