PDA

View Full Version : Heres One For You All To Ponder Over

tara 24-7
01-23-2006, 08:57 PM
hi ladies, im a stright cd/tv man, dressed as often as i can be, my so of 7 years is very accepting and even encourages my dressing, we go girlie shopping together, shes great.
my gay brother finds my cd life style disgusting? ive been supportive of him all his life, so my so let it slip one night, and now hes being wierd to me........ HELP!!!!!!!!!! LOVE TARA, XXXX

ps my fave femme shoes and dress,, xxxxxx

Butterfly Bill
01-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Some gay people are very sensitive to being put into a stereotype that straight people have of them: all gay men are effeminate (and talk with a lisp and keep their pinkie extended when they hold their teacups, etc., etc.) And of course, they wear drag, aren't they what they call "queens"? It's sorta like a 1960s black militant reacting to another black man who is a tap dancer and likes watermelon, or a women's libber reacting to Julie and Tricia Nixon.

Dragster
01-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey Tara, love the dress and shoes. I've always loved tight latex, but can't get my wife interested (for her or me), and Sky High Shoes is always one of the Ebay sellers I look at. Maybe one day for them both.

As for your brother. Get a private moment with him (and a few Guinnesses) and tell him you and your wife are happy with your situation and you're not changing. He can take it or leave it, it's his problem. You're not judging him as a gay, you still love him as your brother, but do not share his "kink", it's up to him to reciprocate. Let him think about it for a few days. You may lose his friendship, but if so, what is it worth anyway if he can't accept you as you are?

Just my 2 pen'worth!

Tony

Maria2004
01-23-2006, 10:07 PM
It's your "brother" for cryin' out loud. I bet your the older one and he's just giving you some pay back for all the crap you gave him while you where growing up ;)

On a serious note however, Butterfly Bill's reply has a lot of merit, I think one or both of us may be right.

tara 24-7
01-23-2006, 10:24 PM
thanks for your kind words,, my way of thinking is lifes too short as it is, so you want heels and a latex mini, go get em girl, dont tell the wife and enjoy them all to yourself, kisses love tara, xxxxx

MarinaTwelve200
01-23-2006, 10:32 PM
I made this point in the Brokeback Mountain thread, I personally do not think that it does hetro CDs and Homosexuals very good to PUBLICLY associate with each other.----Nothing against gays, mind you, but CDs and Gays are all too often confused in the small minds of the general public, That CDs are all too often thought of as being "gay"----A good reason for us hetro CDs to be careful in a public context with our associatng with gays and gay events.

NOW this thread suggests that some GAYS may feel also may have something to lose in the public eye for associating with CDers---We may often look like the popular "Gay stereotype" to the general populace that does not know any better.

I think both Gays and CDers need to stress to outsiders that we are NOT the same thing----We should mutually RESPECT one another, but we should be mindful of the implications when we associate in each others public events.

size7satin
01-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Gay, Bisexual those that like S & M or whatever turns their fancy sometimes they ARE intertwined & are the same thing to some of us. A diffrent way of life.

GypsyKaren
01-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Hi Richard

I'm kinda going down the same road that you're on. I told my 2nd bestest friend about me, and he also thinks I'm weird. Let's see now, he's bi, which never bothered me, in fact I could really care less. He once asked me if I ever lifted weights while being naked, I guess he enjoys doing that for whatever reason, I figured, well, whatever trips your trigger, didn't really faze me much. But he thinks I'm weird? We're not exactly close anymore, in fact he hardly talks to me now, but I've somehow managed to survive and keep on smiling.

GypsyKaren

kristytv
01-24-2006, 12:36 AM
keep their pinkie extended when they hold their teacups, etc., etc.

mine does that , no matter what i do , its just how it has always been