PDA

View Full Version : How Many of Us Dreamed of Being Miss America?

windycissy
01-23-2006, 09:32 PM
C'mon, admit it: how many of you watched the pageant Saturday night, and thought back to the times you watched it on TV when you were a kid and secretly wished that you could be one of those gorgeous girls? Okay maybe not the bit where you would have to wear a one piece swimsuit with heels, but strutting your stuff in a cute outfit and then putting on a to-die-for gown and being crowned Miss America?

To think that we shared those dreams with millions of real girls who also had zero chance of walking that runway....

Windy

Laurie Ann
01-23-2006, 09:45 PM
I have thought about it.

tara 24-7
01-23-2006, 10:07 PM
love your sence of humor, kisses tara,xxxxx

Katrina
01-24-2006, 07:35 AM
While I can't say that I ever dreamed of winning Miss America, I did dream of being in Miss Teen USA. I always wanted to wear the pretty dresses they did and look like they did. I guess now, I look at Miss America and wish I looked like them.

kristenB
01-24-2006, 09:51 AM
I don't know if I just wanted to be like them or find out what is like to be able to try on all those dresses. I would love to slip myself into one of those delicious cocktail dresses. Any one have any Ideas on how to get my hands or body into one of those????????

Helen
01-25-2006, 07:19 AM
I would love to be Miss USA or Miss Teen USA and be able to parade around in my swimsuit on stage in high heals. I would probably fall over but it would be fun.

Helen

Maddie
01-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Yes I remember sitting up with my parents and sister watching and thinking that it would be great. Also why can't we if we could make the prelims if they didn't let you in it would be descrimanation. I don't think they would like the bad publicity. wasn't there a romur once that one contestant was TS?

RenaCD
01-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Honey Lynn I do love your sense of humor. Keep it up Girl! Maddie I think your right I do remember something about that they covered it over real quick, strange I can't remember breakfast, But I remember that!
Maybe it's time for Pageant on this Site. I'm not Volunteering, but maybe Julie York would take charge in her Red Shoes.

Big Huggs To All Rena

Aileen
01-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh, I've dreamed of wearing those gowns, and I have one beaded sequin gown that could pass for a Miss America gown. Perhaps I will show you a picture of me in it one day. I also got a banner that reads "Drama Queen" that I hope to wear for a Halloween party one day, along with my gown.

I miss the gowns with long sleeves. Why no long sleeves any more?

Julie York
01-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Maybe it's time for Pageant on this Site. I'm not Volunteering, but maybe Julie York would take charge in her Red Shoes.

Big Huggs To All Rena

I am flattered by your confidence in me, but it would only lead to tears and tantrums when Nina didn't win. And it is a well known fact that I am completely open to bribery.

:thumbsup: :D

RenaCD
01-25-2006, 04:02 PM
So is this bribery a bad thing? We can work with that! Don't you think that the real pageant work with that, I just won't sleep with anyone, a girl has to have her standards:cheeky:

Big Huggs Rena

Aileen
01-25-2006, 05:11 PM
If there were to be a pageant here, I would vote for Sherlyn to win.

Julie York
01-25-2006, 05:38 PM
woah steady girls!

We've been down this road before.

Leads to lots of upset people.
Don't go there!

Would you feel good if you were left out of the list? Really?

Nah.

We're all ugly girls. Some less than others but it's best to leave it there really.

SherriePall
01-25-2006, 06:58 PM
I never really thought about being Miss America, but I always wanted to wear some of the gowns that the contestants wore. Maybe it was all of the gowns the contestants wore. Oh, well, another dream going down.

Raychel
01-25-2006, 08:01 PM
I never thought about the Miss America Pagaent that way. But I sure would love to dress in all those lovely gowns. I can't wait to go to bed now. I will surely be thinking about that when I am dozing off to go to sleep. Maybe that dream will happen tonight. :rolleyes: :D

windycissy
01-25-2006, 08:53 PM
woah steady girls!

We've been down this road before.

Leads to lots of upset people.
Don't go there!

Would you feel good if you were left out of the list? Really?

Nah.

We're all ugly girls. Some less than others but it's best to leave it there really.

Speak for yourself! I'll have you know that I am a solid 5.6 on Hot or Not (http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=EEESERR&key=KHB)which means that 1858 clueless guys rated me better-looking that half the real women who sent in their pictures! I'll admit, no girl is thrilled about being a "5" but considering my shortcomings, I'll take it.

Windy

Fallen Angel
01-25-2006, 08:56 PM
well you could have you chance at walking the run way there are places that do a womenless pagent yes womenless pagent you go threw the same thing as miss usa. you pic a state you want to represent.theres a bathing suit compatition,you do a dance,sing.set.your judged on pose and beuaty and theres the gowns you wear as well. one of the places that does these advents are the moose lodge and there are also alot of charities that promote this as well look into it and your dreams could come true

Lady Katherine
01-26-2006, 08:00 AM
Now, maybe with a bag over my head, I might become Miss Congeniality. But in truth, I have often thought that if the contest were based on legs alone, many of us might win! I often dreamed that I could win most beauty contests with the 'prettiest legs.' How loudly speaks vanity!

But, yes, can you imagine the beautiful gowns you'd wear!

Jessicafreed
01-26-2006, 12:37 PM
I have always wanted to be Miss America, Miss Teen USA, and a prom queen. They get to dress up in the most beautiful gowns and parade around in them. Waliking around in heels and a bikini is not bad either. I know it won't happen...

Ohh, but a girl can dream can't she!!!

windycissy
01-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Now, maybe with a bag over my head, I might become Miss Congeniality. But in truth, I have often thought that if the contest were based on legs alone, many of us might win! I often dreamed that I could win most beauty contests with the 'prettiest legs.' How loudly speaks vanity!

But, yes, can you imagine the beautiful gowns you'd wear!

I once saw a TV variety show, I think it was Carol Burnett, where they had ten girls pose from the waist down behind a screen to compete for the best pair of legs, they were all wearing heels and tights, the audience voted for the winner and of course it was really a guy! Straight America loved it!

Lady Katherine
01-27-2006, 12:03 AM
I once saw a TV variety show, I think it was Carol Burnett, where they had ten girls pose from the waist down behind a screen to compete for the best pair of legs, they were all wearing heels and tights, the audience voted for the winner and of course it was really a guy! Straight America loved it!

Cissy: How interesting that you mentioned that Carol Burnett episode! I have wondered since my college days about just such a competition. How vain of me, but I always thought I might have actually won such a contest. I was always teased, sometimes not so nicely, about having "legs like a girl." Thank you for reminding me of that incident.

MarieTS
01-27-2006, 02:32 AM
Yes, Cissy-- I've not only "thought' about it, as your thread implies, but I actually had a couple of real honest to goodness dreams in which I had won a beauty pagent. It's the type of dream that stays in your heart forever.