PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Nightgowns

JCD568
01-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi y'all

I was wondering how many of you like vintage Olga nightgowns? I'm a bit of a nylon fetishist and I absolutely ADORE them! I'll tend to dress in them more than dressing in skirts, blouses and dresses etc. The silky nylon that they're made from is SOOOOOO sexy and glamorous. Especially the Body silk ones that are almost floor length. I bought a few from Ebay not too long ago and wear them almost every night.

Because I'm quite tall, (6 ft 3 ins, to be precise) I've been having a bit of trouble finding the tall size gowns that are floor length for that height. I noticed that one appeared on Ebay a while ago, so I'll keep an eye on what's up for sale there, but many people have told me that the ones I'm after are VERY rare indeed. So, does anyone know of anywhere else on the web where I might be able to find and purchase tall size vintage nightgowns? I'd just love to have the silky soft hem of the skirt gently stroking the tops of my feet and swirl around my legs when I walk. That would be such a treat!

Finding and buying extra long, floor length silky evening dresses has been a bit easier for me so far, so I'm nearly completely fulfilled! Anything that's very feminine is superb in my opinion.

I'm still a bit shy at the moment, but will try to pluck up the courage to put on a few pictures of myself wearing the Olga nightgowns that I do have, when I get my camera fixed.

All the best girls!

Joanna

Tina Dixon
01-23-2006, 11:04 PM
I love them, got a red one that has a full skirt to it, but though it looks long, im 6'3" also, it does not reach the ground, half way way between the floor and my knee but its still very nice.

Shiny
01-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Olga is great! The only one better is the now defunct "Lucie Anne of Beverly Hills" who made those fantastic creations back in the 50's and 60's. Remember Lisa Douglas from the "Green Acres" television show? She wore one in nearly every scene and it was amazing!

If you want vintage but new, Shadowline Lingerie (Shadowline.com) has been making gowns and sleepware since the 1940's or so and is still in business. Although there are no more chiffon over nylon confections anymore and now some nightgowns are offered in cotton they do offer about 75-100 new styles a year and some are very nice! They are expensive and still make the swirling nylon gowns that are the best I have found. Catch them on a sale day and it's even better! I am tall as well and although they have large styles their tall selection is a bit limited. Give them a try anyway! Companies with class like this are dissappearing fast!

Julia Cross
01-24-2006, 11:38 AM
These sound nice, although I am having difficulty picturing exactly what they look like. Does anyone have a pic?

Julia

MsJanessa
01-24-2006, 01:10 PM
I love them, got a red one that has a full skirt to it, but though it looks long, im 6'3" also, it does not reach the ground, half way way between the floor and my knee but its still very nice.
tall girls are soooo sexy

sub_servient1
01-24-2006, 01:14 PM
I know exactly what you mean. The vintage area in ebay is delightful.

JCD568
01-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks very much for your replies girls! Nice to see that a lot of you love them. Special thanks to you Shiny for the Shadowline.com website and the Lucie Anne Gowns. The ones I've found so far are absolutely GORGEOUS!

Gotta get some when I've saved up some extra money!

Thanks again

Joanna xxx

JCD568
01-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh by the way Julia Cross, If you go to the olga nightgowns section in Ebay.com, you'll find LOADS of pictures there. I haven't got any pictures of myself in my nightgowns at the moment, because I'm still waiting for my camera to be repaired. As soon as it is, and if I'm feeling confident enough, I'll post a few on the site.

Love and kisses

Joanna

xxx

ValerieToo
01-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi Joanna,

Oh, so YOU'RE the lucky girl who's been outbidding me on all those tall sized nightgowns on ebay! LOL

Well I'm sure they look better on you than me, anyway! ;)

Hugs,

Valerie

JCD568
01-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Hey Valerie Darling

Yes, that was probably me trying to outbid everyone again as usual! ;) Just can't get enough of the Olga gowns. Have you a big collection? The body silk ones are my favourites and the tall size ones are sooooo hard to find anywhere. Wish I was richer, then my cupboard would be full of them!!!

And I'm sure they look as gorgeous on you as they do on me!!!

Love and kisses my dear!!!

Joanna

xxxx