PDA

View Full Version : Admiration and compassion

Laura912
10-07-2014, 11:50 AM
While channel surfing last night, we came across an Inside Edition commentary on Bruce Jenner's apparent transition. Many of you have traveled that same pathway, trying to avoid the pits in the road and struggling to get over the mountains. You did it in private with the help of true friends, counsellors, and other professionals. You met acceptance by many, rejection by a few. But you made it, some just recently arriving at the end. I admire the courage and shear physical grit it took to do that. Also, the following comments are not meant to suggest that your journeys were easier.

But what you did not have, was the paparazzi nazis hounding you, making a very private journey national news. Jenner will have to struggle on a national and international stage, with what most have endured more locally. I wish that she could find this forum and know the people here to help her and give her a place to come for peace. You are remarkable people, occasionally sarcastic and witty, but generally charming, understanding and supportive to those who need it. Maybe she is already here.

Wildaboutheels
10-07-2014, 12:29 PM
I have not seen the piece or followed him since he won the Decathalon back in 76. But isn't he/was married to the Kardashians? Don't follow them either. Ever. But you can't shop in any store that sells magazines and not see them on at least one cover if not several. His whole life has been in the public so I would not feel too sorry for him. Fame like everything has it's price.

IF he does transition, the question will become how public he chooses to make it and just HOW the media will present it. Given the current American attitude that "It's all about the money", it's an easy guess how most publications are going to present it.

Of course unless there is an available video of Bruce saying it, I would not read too much into it at this point.

Alice Torn
10-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Excellent thread Laura! Bruce has to deal with incredible lack of privacy, and you are so right about the cruel paparazzi. i wish some counter , anti paparazzis would go after the paparazzi thugs! It would be great if Bruce were on here, and like you say, maybe is, secretly.

Vickie_CDTV
10-07-2014, 01:30 PM
On the other hand, if he wants to transition he has the financial ability to do so, and he is not beholden to others for basic survival. Few TS I have known were in that same position, then again very few cisgender people I have known have been in that position either.

Frankly, I am not even convinced he is a TS. Like Michael Jackson, he has always been rather... eccentric, and may be modifying his appearance for the same reasons Jackson did.

Kate Simmons
10-07-2014, 01:59 PM
According to Kris, Bruce is not planning on transitioning to a woman.:)

Laura912
10-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Sorry, Kate, but who is Kris?

Lorileah
10-07-2014, 04:26 PM
^^^married to Bruce Jenner since 1991, but is currently separated from Jenner.

OK for what it is worth, she doesn't know what's in his head. Look how many here say they will never transition and end up doing it (like me). Next is he has to fight this in his own manner like we all do. He has the ability to be like Chaz Bono and own it or he can keep his secrets (maybe he just wants to look fem?

Rogina B
10-07-2014, 09:10 PM
"So many people" have decided that Bruce is transitioning that any more publicity really doesn't matter..Like being a "little bit pregnant"...I only hope that he can get clear of Kris with enough cash to do it with!

Beverley Sims
10-07-2014, 10:23 PM
These days it is more accepted than in the days that Christine Jorgensen traveled the sane journey.

lexivanderpump
10-07-2014, 11:07 PM
I wish Bruce well. I really do.
His privacy? Sorry but he decided to live a public life. And I am pretty darn sure it's Bruce Jenner's signature on the release form to appear on the "Kardasian Show". I'm certain nobody put a gun to his head to publicize his entire life on television . That being said, I wish him the best, but he gets zero sympathy from me in terms of privacy.

Love,
Lexi V.

Tinkerbell-GG
10-08-2014, 03:09 AM
He might transition, but honestly, after watching a gazillion 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' episodes (don't judge me!) and seeing how quiet and unassuming, yet stubborn, he is, I really think he'd have transitioned already if he wanted to as he's never cared what anyone thinks (always had long nails and hair etc) so I wonder if it's more likely he's suffering some form of insecurity-based body dysmporphia or whatever Michael Jackson had as someone here mentioned. Jenner has a history of depression over his appearance, unbelievably. He was so HOT! Was he always transexual? He was always a crossdresser but we all know the two are not the same. I guess only time will tell, but check out Mickey Rourke if you want an example of what insecurity and vanity can do to a man!

Mind you, the moobs and sports bra are a definite question mark. Who knows? Maybe we should text Kim and ask her about her step dad :)

Jillian Faith
10-08-2014, 05:29 AM
I understand he signed a wavier to be on the show put the paparazzi following him/her are merciless. Not just Bruce but no famous person should have to endure the constant intrusion into their private time.

Marcelle
10-08-2014, 05:48 AM
I guess it is part of what one has to deal with when they lead a public life . . . however some of the tactics the paparazzi use are very questionable and I would not want to live through it. Will he transition? . . . I guess time will tell.

. . . after watching a gazillion 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' episodes (don't judge me!)

Oh Tink . . . say it is isn't so :eek: :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha