PDA

View Full Version : How do these levels look?

whowhatwhen
10-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Got these earlier than my endo appointment because he sent the results to my GP.
I also found out that I need to stop eating junk and lower my cholesterol.

This is 5.2 months.

Frances
10-07-2014, 03:31 PM
The lower and upper limits seem to be for male ranges. If so, testosterone is within limits and estradiol is a little high. 204 pmol/l is not very high for a female.

whowhatwhen
10-07-2014, 03:44 PM
That's what I thought, and it does explain a few things lol.

I guess spiro isn't being as effective?
Maybe I was supposed to be taking the estrace sublingually?

My prolactin is on the high end though so I'm a tiny bit concerned.

Frances
10-07-2014, 04:04 PM
You're in Canada. You could try Androcur instead. It worked really well for me.

whowhatwhen
10-07-2014, 04:21 PM
I think I was told about that at the start and that spiro would be harder on the kidneys but cypro would be harder on the liver.
I don't know if he wanted to leave the liver alone because of my other medications or what but I can ask him when I go in on the 20th.

Kimberly Kael
10-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Spironolactone doesn't actually lower your testosterone levels, it just block the receptors that act on it. You will likely see your levels go down as a result of getting more estrogen in your system, though, as your body won't see the need to produce sex hormones at the same levels it used to once you start supplementing artificially.

As for actual target levels? I would advise against taking any advice from anyone who isn't a licensed practitioner.

LeaP
10-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Spironolactone doesn't actually lower your testosterone levels, it just block the receptors that act on it.

It does both.

whowhatwhen
10-07-2014, 06:15 PM
As for actual target levels? I would advise against taking any advice from anyone who isn't a licensed practitioner.

I will, I'm just curious about the numbers being the way they are even after 5 months.

DebbieL
10-07-2014, 06:41 PM
The ranges given in the report are normal ranges - for a woman. Normal male T levels are over 100 and Prolactin is very low..

You should do exactly what your doctor has told you to do.
He will watch you for any indications of liver or kidney issues.
He will also watch your blood pressure and heart rates.

Whatever you are taking, seems to be working well.

At least you know he isn't giving you placebo.

whowhatwhen
10-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Lab results show the gender as M so I guess they're the male ranges.
I guess the "A(bnormal)" after estradiol shows that the estrace is working to some degree as it's over the male high end.

Could the higher T level be suppressing the estrogen levels from being higher than they are?

Rianna Humble
10-07-2014, 11:08 PM
This thread is nothing but a lot of unqualified opinions on the medication you are taking.

The only good advice has been to discuss this with yoru doctor.

Thread closed.