PDA

View Full Version : Remember When It Was Just Fun?

Rhonda Jean
10-07-2014, 06:41 PM
The Halloween thread got me to thinking. It's been so long since it was just FUN! I like seeing the threads from the new girls. Most of us are far beyond our first pair of panties, first outings, first this and first that. I so miss that excitement! After decades of doing this, there's little I haven't done. It'll just never be as exciting and downright fun as it was years ago. In many ways, it's just not fun anymore. Seems like everything has to have a purpose, a reason, an objective. And I wear myself out trying to no avail to be as pretty as I used to be.

So many fond memories, so many wonderful experiences. I'll keep on doing it, and keep trying for new experiences that will turn into fond memories, but those are hard to find.

To the younger girls, relish all those exciting experiences! Once those things become commonplace, they lose a little zest. On one hand it's nice to be able to be relaxed about it, but it's just not as fun as it used to be.

Here's hoping that all of you otherwise closeted girls get out there and have the time of your life on Halloween (or any other day that strikes your fancy)!

Maria 60
10-07-2014, 07:21 PM
I know there's always a first, and the first only happens once. Every Halloween it's almost like a ritual, I dress on Halloween and yes it does seem like the same thing every year but I always try to push the limits a little more every year and some time it doesn't pan out as planned, but I guess it's just the thrill of looking forwArd to something. For me my best outings or best adventures did happen out of the blue. I know exactly what you mean but it's always nice to look forward to something.

Sara Jessica
10-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Even more important than fun Rhonda is to simply be. That is part of what keeps me going, a sense of fulfillment from which fun (& exhaustion) is simply a byproduct.

I'll keep on doing it, and keep trying for new experiences that will turn into fond memories, but those are hard to find.

See ya in Vegas next spring!!! ;)

dragdoll
10-07-2014, 09:13 PM
There's still excitement and new adventures if you don't dress up that often. If you can put it away for awhile, it can be fun again. Not everyone can do that though.

Beverley Sims
10-07-2014, 10:11 PM
The thing about Halloween is it is the first easy ticket to experience for most of younger ones.

Still a great time though.

lexivanderpump
10-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Rhonda,
I've been dressing from the neck down since I was a very young "girl". Just recently I got the green light (from wife) to get fully dolled up. My heart was pounding so hard last week shopping for a wig. Now I am shopping for lipstick, eye shadow, eye liner, eye lashes, cover up, blush, etc. for my face. Words can't begin to express how I feel when shopping for these items. I have only purchased clothing and heels before. Always shopping in man mode makes it more exciting for me when I get "the looks".

Love,
Lexi V.

docrobbysherry
10-08-2014, 12:54 AM
I'm sure the thrill will fade, Rhonda. But, for now? Even tho I've been getting out a lot, Halloween is still my favorite time of the year. Because it's the only time I MITE PASS!

Maybe because I'm still young and pretty. U said that helps? Here's a photo from last Halloween. After I had just turned 70---

Teresa
10-08-2014, 04:23 AM
Rhonda,
I guess we get so use to dressing that we look at it more from a GGs point of view to make it less everyday we look foward to a new outfit or shoes whatever. It sounds as if dressing has become boring to us but I enjoy it more than ever but in different ways .
The days of putting any clothes on to get that rush change to wanting to get an overall look. If I get dressing time I like to think it's cooler today so that skirt will go with that sweater and what shoes will match up ?
The other thing I find has changed is the smell of things, maybe it's age but I remember the slight rubber smell of bras, the different smell of new lingerie compared with drab underwear !
Just got me thinking if shops actually have some additives put into the aircon system that change when you pass through the different departments ! OK the smell of perfume is going to be higher in women's department but the difference when you go into the male area the odour definitely changes.

charlenesomeone
10-08-2014, 04:43 AM
Haven't been dressing this much before and only the last few months as much.
I still feel much more relaxed dressed. The thrill is to be what you feel
inside. I still get a smile, hope that never goes away.
Hugs
Char

Isabella Ross
10-08-2014, 09:09 AM
At 51, it's still so much fun for me. I wonder if that's because I don't dress daily or even weekly sometimes (although I confess that wearing a nightie to bed is my nightly safety blanket). I've often wondered if it might get a little stale and routine if I were to dress more. As it is, I dress when the fog becomes overpowering...and maybe that's just the right amount to make it such a pleasure, at least for me.

BillieAnneJean
10-08-2014, 09:43 AM
For me the adventure when first venturing out has been replaced with the adventure of seeing how much I can "pass". What the percentages are for stares vs glances. The enjoyment is the change in my appearance, demeanor, the feel of the fabrics, colors, the way the shoes make me walk, and even the air as it goes over my legs.

And because I am a guy and LIKE being a guy, the CDing is still fun because it is the exception. I still feel like I am getting away with something when OUT enfemme. I try to get OUT enfemme once a week mostly because I have so many outfits and accessories I haven't even worn yet. Goodwill. That is why I try to change outfits during the course of my OUTing. To experience the changes caused by different hem length, fabric, shoes.

For me Halloween is a great time to push the envelope. I love the women's costumes because they are so much more fun than the guy's. Short, lots of leg, petticoats, poufy sleeves, wild colors, makeup, lots of skin. Such fun.

This is still fun even though I have been OUT maybe a hundred times. It isn't a "need" for me and in that I am lucky. It is more of an escape from the rigid restrictions society places on me as a guy. An example is just dancing. I don't like the arms flailing dancing as a guy. Given the choice I prefer to twirl my SO and hold her in my arms ballroom kind of dancing. But that is yet another form of responsibility because it is the guy's responsibility to be at least good enough to lead. When enfemme and dancing I am free to just feel the music, lost in myself, enjoying the feel of things. Women seem to just let themselves go on the dance floor. When enfemme I can pretend to do that too. The last time we were OUT dancing I had a hat on. I took it off and used it as part of my dance moves in a small way like a dancer on a stage would have done. Subdued but still sensuous. I could NEVER do that as a guy.
I am still having SUCH FUN!

gennee
10-08-2014, 10:16 AM
I remember the thrill when I first began dressing. It was rather sensual. I still get a thrill of going out and being myself. You'll always remember the first time because you crossed a barrier that maybe you didn't think possible. There's still more adventures out there.:)

Kate Simmons
10-08-2014, 12:50 PM
As far as I'm concerned I still enjoy it and have fun with it. Otherwise what's the point? The minute it stops becoming fun is when I stop doing it. :)

Teresa Monsivais
10-08-2014, 01:31 PM
I still get excited and count the days of when my next outing will be. Yesterday I went out with my gf and was headed to a meeting but before that we went to DSW to buy my gf some boots for the winter. Loved the the experience of shopping in DSW dressed. Prior to yesterday I was already thinking of what I was going to wear. I was so looking forward to it that I realized that the meetings are held every second Tuesday which would be the 14th not the 7th. Of course I found that out when I was outside the building and saw the place closed. Oops my bad... Oh well now I have to look forward to next Tuesday ��. I guess I was too anxious for the 14th to come so I can get dressed. But the night wasn't a disappointment, my gf and I went out to eat so we. had a great time. So now I am planning to dress at least twice a month. And attend the socials my city has to offer. I think I would stop dressing once I feel the excitement is gone. It's happened to me before where I felt so uncomfortable in the clothes and shoes and frustrated in how much time I needed to get ready that I stopped for months. I remember wanting to but too lazy to put in the effort. Eventually it came back. It always does. But if it doesn't I'm okay with that too.

Ally 2112
10-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Even after doing this for years and going out on Halloween 3 times im lucky enough to find it still fun in my dressing especially when i buy a new outfit .To me it is the different looks you can come up with

suchacutie
10-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Every time with Tina is new. Even when she arrives with a purpose (some detailed task that needs doing; she is so good at focussing) it's with her perspective and her life. It's almost always a new experience, and the few times it's actually been more routine gave such a satisfaction! So either exciting or calmly satisfying...can't lose!

Nadine Spirit
10-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I get what you are saying but... I appreciate the normalcy that is now my everyday life. I got tired of the ups and downs, the manic nature of it all. I finally feel as though I am just me and I find joy in the everyday nature of it all.

Adriana Moretti
10-08-2014, 06:33 PM
I try to have fun all the time, or at least make it fun....nights home alone dressing get me down though, then i have a cocktail or 12 to make it more interesting...but it really isnt...i just wakeup with a hangover. I would much rather be out and make the best of it, than home.Sitting home all dressed up with no place to go does nothing for me...at least its good practice. At what though at this point? my tolerance level?

MissTee
10-08-2014, 10:26 PM
I fight the pink fog by having a regular cadence of dressing. In doing so the desire does not overwhelm the senses (and the sensibility.) To your point, though, it does dull the excitement somewhat. I find it's reasonable trade off. To illustrate, if I have not dressed in a few months and suddenly get the chance to dress, then I'm all in with makeup, forms, nail polish, heels -- you name it. An insatiable surge if you will. In contrast, if I stick with my cadence it's usually something simple-feminine style in clothing, along with my go to shoulder length wig and maybe forms.

Rhonda Jean
10-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Doc, you seem to never age!:)

ReineD
10-08-2014, 11:57 PM
I so miss that excitement! …

And I wear myself out trying to no avail to be as pretty as I used to be.

So many fond memories, so many wonderful experiences. I'll keep on doing it, and keep trying for new experiences that will turn into fond memories, but those are hard to find.

Rhonda, I'm curious. To Sara's point, why must it be exciting? Why can't it just be?

ArleneRaquel
10-09-2014, 12:03 AM
For me it is a trill just to be Arlene, I don't know if it is "exciting", but for me it sure beats wearing drab.

Rhonda Jean
10-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Rhonda, I'm curious. To Sara's point, why must it be exciting? Why can't it just be?

I still do it, even though it pretty much just "is". It's the same way with a lot of things when you get my age.

Such simple things used to be such a thrill, and who doesn't like thrills? I remember going through a drive-thru with my nails polished used to be thrilling. Now it seems silly that it was. I remember spending a long time getting dressed, only to drive around from one convenience store to another to go in and buy a soft drink or something. It just didn't take anything for it to be so fun!

There are only so many times that stuff can be fun. You move on to bigger and better things, hoping to recapture the thrill, or at least I did. It's not that I don't still enjoy it, I just can't get very excited about it anymore.

I probably wasn't clear about what I meant by "purpose". That's really a bad way to put what I meant. I'm talking about just doing things for the hell of it. I remember going to the laundromat with my hair in curlers... just for the hell of it. Because is was fun! Now it's kinda, "I'm going to wear this because I'm going to do that." No miniskirts to Walmart at noon. No wearing a bra and a thin shirt as a guy knowing people well see my bra straps. It's all about, umm, not necessarily passing, but just being appropriate. I'm doing a sucky job of explaining what I'm talking about. I mean, there were times back when I had a one hour lunch break when I'd put on eyeshadow in the car at lunch, go to some restaurant for lunch, and take my eyeshadow off on the way back to work! And that was fun! Not only would that not be fun at all to me now, there's no way I'd do it.

Still failing at an explanation. Guess only I will know what I mean!

S. Lisa Smith
10-09-2014, 01:10 PM
For me it is a trill just to be Arlene, I don't know if it is "exciting", but for me it sure beats wearing drab. I feel the same way...

LilSissyStevie
10-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Crossdressing used to be fun but now it's just a ....

(drum roll)

...drag:heehee: