PDA

View Full Version : "Bitch!"

Persephone
10-07-2014, 06:51 PM
I was leaving my manicurist (en femme, of course) and came to a corner with a four-way stop. As I rolled to a stop at the marked stop line a guy on a motorcycle came around the corner on my right, making a left turn onto the street I was on. Not only did he run the stopsign, he cut the corner way too close, practically running into my car.

As he barely made it around me he obviously thought he owned the road and I was wrong for even being on it, and, in words I couldn't hear, gave vent to his frustrations, clearly blaming me for his own stupid actions.

I'm not a proficient lip reader, but his final screamed word was pretty clear.

Now I'm quite used to being "Ma'm"ed regardless of how I'm dressed, but I think this may be the first time I've actually noticed someone calling me a "Bitch!"

A new personal first!

Hugs,
Persephone.

BTW, for those who might think I have any bias against bikers I would like to point out that I not only have biker friends, I've actually even been to Sturgis for Bike Week.

Jorja
10-07-2014, 06:54 PM
It takes all kinds. Not to worry though, he will do something stupid on his motorcycle and get killed soon. Then there will be one less asshole in the world.

DebbieL
10-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Wear it as a badge of honor.

Many women consider it a sign that they are being powerful when she gets known as Witch or anything that rhymes with it.
At work, I tell my subordinates "I can be your fairy godmother or I can be the wicked witch of the west".

The great thing about being a girl is that we have a much broader repertoire available in how we can produce results.

Allison Chaynes
10-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Karma will take care of him.

BLUE ORCHID
10-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Hi Barbara, There's only one cure for stupid as Jorja mentioned above.:daydreaming:

Maria Blackwood
10-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Karma will take care of him.

Which karma? The one that lets evil people across the world live fabulous lives of riches and gave, say, Terry Pratchett early onset Alzheimer's as payment for bringing joy and humor to millions? Sorry, lost faith in any sort of karmic system long ago.

dragdoll
10-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Yeah, karma does not exist. Anyway, I hate bikers, especially the sportsbike douchebags.

michelleddg
10-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Wow, how cool is that, congratulations! Nobody has ever called me a bitch, but it's something I aspire to :-) Hugs, Michelle

Andy66
10-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Heh heh. Sort of an insult and a compliment at the same time, isnt it?

Yoshisaur
10-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Those kinds of people are all over the place. I hope it doesn't happen but he sounds like one of those guys who get into massive accidents and end up in very sad situations.

Beverley Sims
10-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Barbara,
Like Debbie says, tick it up to experience and wear the badge with honour.

Nadya
10-07-2014, 10:36 PM
If he knew how happy that made you, it probably would have made him even angrier. :P

lexivanderpump
10-07-2014, 10:50 PM
If "bitch" made you happy, would you have been ecstatic if he had called you a "C..........U........Next......Tuesday"? LOL.
I dont believe in Karma. I do believe in repetitive attitudes though. Eventually he will be killed riding on a bike like that. See it and here it ALL the time in the Los Angeles area. If they play with fire, eventually they will get burned.

P.S. You're such a Bitch for posting this.
(You happy now hun? LOL)

Love,
Lexi V.

SO1Adam12
10-07-2014, 11:18 PM
My guess is you took the "bitch" insult as a compliment because it validated your "passing". Too bad that in the GG world there is only one word that is more insulting and that is "see you en tee".

Melissa Rose
10-07-2014, 11:20 PM
I was called a stupid bitch due to a problem at a gas pump partially of my own doing. This next level gives you a new goal to shoot for, sort of like graduate school after being an undergrad.

docrobbysherry
10-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Congrats, Barbara! I've been called a lot of things but never bi-atch or coo-unt! Sigh!

Naomi Newman
10-08-2014, 01:10 AM
its still not a nice work whatever way its taken/meant, but i guess it has a personal meaning.

bridget thronton
10-08-2014, 01:33 AM
Well done - lol

Teresa
10-08-2014, 03:22 AM
I'm glad you took it in that way ! but I hate most of the female slang words !

The possibilty was his bike may not have been performing right and he was calling it a string of names !
My Lambretta got called all sorts of names other than Lambretta !!

CarlaWestin
10-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Yea, next time get the hell out of the way!

:battingeyelashes:

It takes all kinds. Not to worry though, he will do something stupid on his motorcycle and get killed soon. Then there will be one less asshole in the world.

That's certainly true out here in Las Vegas. Seems like a willing lone organ donor takes himself out practically every day. Really? Born to be wild?

Bria
10-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Maybe he will win a Darwin Award by removing his genes from the pool!!

Hugs, Bria

Ressie
10-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Karma usually happens in different lifetimes. This doesn't enter the minds of most Americans.

Stephanie47
10-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Every week our local newspaper is full of "single vehicle" fatality accidents which includes motorcycles. I'm always happy the person only put his/her own life in peril. Maybe next time he'll blow the stop sign and slide under the wheels of a cement truck. It's gotten to the point in my area that I avoid roads other than my neighborhood streets in the early morning.

vicky_cd99_2
10-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Ouch. The hatred of bikers is astounding. I better not say that I am one. Stupid drivers are just that. Doesn't matter if they are on a bike or in a cage. Just for work I drive over 100k miles a year. I ride over 10k a year on the bike. The stuff I see on the road is mind boggling at times. It makes me wonder how people got their licenses. Persephone wear the "bitch" as a badge of honor. You passed a test. A guy like that might have come back around and started something more devious if he thought you were anything other than a girl.

Vicky

Tracii G
10-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Heh heh. Sort of an insult and a compliment at the same time, isnt it?

Andy I love the way you look at things LOL
Seems you passed ha ha

Jorja
10-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Ouch. The hatred of bikers is astounding. I better not say that I am one. Stupid drivers are just that. Doesn't matter if they are on a bike or in a cage. Just for work I drive over 100k miles a year. I ride over 10k a year on the bike. The stuff I see on the road is mind boggling at times. It makes me wonder how people got their licenses. Persephone wear the "bitch" as a badge of honor. You passed a test. A guy like that might have come back around and started something more devious if he thought you were anything other than a girl.

Vicky
You are not the only motorcycle rider here. I ride thousands of miles every year and have for the past 40 years. Many of these jerks think the bike has two speeds. Stop and as fast as the damn thing will go. Plus they think the road was specifically built for them. No we do not hate bikers. We hate stupid.

Faye56
10-08-2014, 02:48 PM
I was called the same thing by a very stressed out Business Woman as I entered a black cab in Manchester, which she clearly thought should have been hers, needless to say I just smiled as she almost snarled at me as the cab pulled away. Always must worse when it is from a woman.

vicky_cd99_2
10-08-2014, 05:31 PM
I never thought I was the only rider here. Nor do I want to start anything. It was just an observation of the vibe that was coming from several posts. There are idiots everywhere on bikes, in cars and semis all. And I do agree with disliking stupid.

Eryn
10-09-2014, 01:35 AM
Now I'm quite used to being "Ma'm"ed regardless of how I'm dressed, but I think this may be the first time I've actually noticed someone calling me a "Bitch!" A new personal first!

Barbara, that's the way to see the silver lining in the dark cloud! :)

Ouch. The hatred of bikers is astounding.... ...Doesn't matter if they are on a bike or in a cage....

The fact that a person refers to an automobile as a "cage" reveals that person's equal antipathy toward auto drivers. Pot. Kettle....

vicky_cd99_2
10-09-2014, 03:01 AM
I call them cages not to disparage other drivers. I call it a cage because I sit in them 12 -14 hours a day when working. On my bike my soul is set free. The smells the sounds that you don't get in an auto or big rig. It is the same feeling when I get out of my boy clothes I wear almost everyday and get to put something soft and pretty on, only intensified.

Samantha_Smile
10-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Change your forum rank from 'diamond member' to 'Bitch'

I'd take that as a pass with a laugh in my throat

SO1Adam12
10-09-2014, 06:12 PM
The fact that a person refers to an automobile as a "cage" reveals that person's equal antipathy toward auto drivers. Pot. Kettle....[/QUOTE]

Having spent many years around the motorcycle world I will say that the term "cage" for an automobile is common vocabulary, even when they are referring to being in their own cars they will say "caging it". When your used to being in the open air of a motorcycle, a car can feel a bit like a cage.

Eryn
10-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Yes, I know that "cage" is a disparaging term for an automobile, originally coined by 1%ers at least 40 years back. Hence the irony of its use in a post complaining about driver hatred of motorcyclists.

SO1Adam12
10-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Yes, I know that "cage" is a disparaging term for an automobile, originally coined by 1%ers at least 40 years back. Hence the irony of its use in a post complaining about driver hatred of motorcyclists.

I guess the difference is I never thought of the term as "disparaging". I always think of it as biker slang for "car".

vicky_cd99_2
10-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Wow I am sorry to have steered this away fro the original intent. Cage is biker slang. I am a biker in my other life. Yes I do hang around a lot of the true 1%ers. I got into this life after I got out of the military because it was extremely macho and I knew I would not want to dress. Oh damn was I wrong. Now I have to live a double life and the two shall not cross. It does suck at times.

Maria Blackwood
10-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Karma usually happens in different lifetimes. This doesn't enter the minds of most Americans.

I've actually considered the concept quite extensively. My jury is out on reincarnation, but a system of karma that takes lifetimes to resolve seems horrible to me.

As for a car being a cage, fine by me. It protects me, like a shark cage, from all you crazy people on the road. :D