PDA

View Full Version : Short Hair

larry
10-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I was at Walgreens today and found a magazine " short hair style guide " by Celebrity Hairstyles.
It is just a wealth of knowledge for those with short hair looking for a boy/girl style.
Having seen several questions on here I thought I would share.

*Kristen*
10-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi larry.. what a wonderful short, but sweet post to throw out! Alright, blushing abit in throwing this tid-bit of personal favs., hairstyles rank high as what brings out the girl in me! Nowadays,so many styles can be pulled off w/out the all too common label of being either guy or girl,with no in between. Going back roughly a year I started out with a simple, basic pixie style. Easy to maintain, as well having just that small touch of femininity to it. However, it has now grown out, with a touch-up every couple of months at the most. Everyone's personal situation will dictate, but if venturing out on this one, be straightforward with the cut/style which you are seeking..saves alot of time for both yourself, as well the stylist..wishing everyone out there considering this all the best with going natural -vs- wig.. not easy, but feels great being that much more en-tune with the lady in you!

larry
10-09-2014, 12:51 AM
Thanks Kristen. I hope it is helpful to some. I wish I had seen it years ago.

Sara Jessica
10-09-2014, 06:11 AM
I have not worn a wig in nearly five years, going from growing the hair out nearly halfway down my back to cutting off about a foot, still leaving some length in the back, to buzzing the back about 3 months ago, leaving most of the length on top. I gave my stylist poetic license to create the most feminine cut possible, knowing that in guy mode I had in mind how to camouflage it (seems how I learned to do so pretty well with much longer hair). The result couldn't be better. Easy to control in guy mode, utterly feminine when presenting as a female. The point at the front on the longer side (away from my part) reaches my chin. This whole thing has led me to conclude that the length on top is way more important than the length in the back. If in doubt, think of a mullet on a woman and you'll see what I mean.

Erica Marie
10-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Im with Kristen. I prefer a natural look with my own hair. My wigs have all been long gotten rid of. I know for some it is not an option, but for myself wearing a wig just did not feel right.

Tina B.
10-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Back when I could, I always preferred to wear my own hair. During the eighties there was a style called a shag, it could be done either long or short, and was worn by both men and women, I loved having a women hairstylist do my hair, until them I had always gone to a barber, but they only knew how to cut hair, but a women always knew how to make long hair work for me even if they didn't know it.
After that style went out of style, I just let it go long and wore a ponytail in male mod, and started using rollers to get a nice style when presenting female.
These days it's all about the wig, but I still miss the days I could wear my hair my way!

Jaylyn
10-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Did the article have anything for us no hair gals? ... Lol I keep thinking with all the modern technology they will invent a pill to grow hair without side effects.

cdterri
10-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Did the article have anything for us no hair gals? ... Lol I keep thinking with all the modern technology they will invent a pill to grow hair without side effects.

With all the money spent on razors and blades it'll never happen.

*Kristen*
10-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Im with Kristen. I prefer a natural look with my own hair. My wigs have all been long gotten rid of. I know for some it is not an option, but for myself wearing a wig just did not feel right.

I love the style which you have in your picture! Looks great on you :)

Beverley Sims
10-09-2014, 10:55 PM
I have practiced that many times over the years, last time I was in Seattle three years ago I came back from the hairdressers with my hair styled, my wife was not amused.
Three months later in Hong Kong, 10 mins with an Indian barber and it was all gone, 6 months growth.
What a waste. :)

Tania75
10-09-2014, 11:57 PM
I did all this in my 20's when I had a full head of hair and followed the latest fashion trends.
My hairdresser gave me a body wave (don't call it a perm to guys), and colored it with a full color plus highlights.
She cut it short at the back, but left plenty of length on top to be able to do things with it.
I thoroughly enjoyed the time at the hairdressers, and the hairdresser enjoyed turning a guy from drab to fab.
I just wish I still had the hair to be able to still do it.