PDA

View Full Version : Figured out what dictates my style

prettytoes
10-08-2014, 08:10 PM
I find that most of the women's clothing I own is what I have seen women that I was attracted to wearing.
They put in a health club/gym near the grocery store close to my house. The women are there all day, fresh out of the gym in their fitted yoga capris (most of the women are very attractive). My closet is full of running/yoga capris in may styles and colors. I wear them on my morning bike ride, and around the house.
I also have a thing for a girls in mini skirts...guess what else I have a ton of? I also love the look of opaque tights or cute knee-highs...yup, 2 drawers full of those!
I realize that I don't even come close to resembling the women I admire (either in size, shape, or youth!)...the clothing, for some reason, just makes me feel good.
So it seems to me that my style is dictated by what I am attracted to on a GG.
What is the strongest influence on your female style?

JenniferR771
10-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Oh! Me, too! I just bought a cute gray skirt suit.
I had to pass on some outrageous heels though--2 sizes too small. Shucks.
But I love short blond hair. I have at least four such wigs.

Andy66
10-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Wearing what looks attractive to you seems like a very reasonable thing to do. It also helps to look for clothes that flatter your shape as much as possible. Not everything looks good on everyone. For example, Batman looks pretty awesome in his costume, but I tried it on and looked more like Fatman. :loc:

Alana Lucerne
10-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Fatman. I love it. where can I get the comic?

Alana

Adriana Moretti
10-08-2014, 11:35 PM
good question....i wish i knew what the strongest influence was on my female style. I am an image junkie ( fashion pics) so if i see something I like I guess I try to imitate it or at least get inspired...its pretty much same as you I guess..I too am also checking out what the gals are wearing...mostly in the accessory's though...i really am interested in how to put those final touches on. My style these days is also dictated by comfort. I promised myself I would never wear an uncomfortable pair of heels, or an uncomfortable outfit out anymore...apparently my comfort level and fun level go hand in hand.

ReineD
10-08-2014, 11:51 PM
I think this is natural. I'm a GG and I also buy things that I think are appealing. We all do, even men buy male clothes that appeal to their sense of aesthetics.

Andy66 has a great point. My tastes have changed over the years, to accommodate both an aging body and career changes. As much as my inner 20-yr-old loves what the college-aged girls are wearing, the clothes would look ridiculous on me and they don't suit the environment that I work in. So the hem line and heel height have gone down a few inches, the tops aren't quite as tight, and I manage to still pull off an attractive and stylish look.

ArleneRaquel
10-09-2014, 12:00 AM
I choose whatever I feel that I'm in the mood to wear, its usually a spur of the moment thing. I do try to coordinate my colors, et al. I usually end up emulating my mothers style in some way. Cat'e eye frames, red lipstick, red cheeks, red nails, bangles that are gold, silver, or sometimes black. Bangles are for when I'm out "strutting my stuff."

Cheryl T
10-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Styles change and tastes change. It's too difficult and expensive trying to stay "in fashion" and most of the time what I thought would look nice on me turned out all wrong.
If I'm looking for inspiration I try to only view ladies that are close to me in age (how I look dressed, not actual age) and in size.
Other than that I simply now buy what appeals to me and what makes me feel good. I'm just as comfy in jeans and a t-shirt as I am in a cocktail dress and heels. I don't dress to be anyone else anymore, just to be me.

Ally 2112
10-09-2014, 08:13 AM
In the last year or so i started drifting to the petticoat and flared dresses they are so much fun to wear .Although i still keep a keen eye on fashion and will also wear what a mature women will wear .It took me years to get out of my mini skirt faze even thou i still love them

Tina B.
10-09-2014, 08:31 AM
My taste is dictated by what is in the stores that catch my eye at any given moment. I have a ton of blouses, and skirts that go with nothing else in my closet, just because it caught my eye in the store.
I stay away from getting to much that is trendy, it's hard to stay in style when it all last so long, so I stay with classic looks that will survive, with just a few play things to make it all look fresh. Leggings and scarfs are updating it these days.

jeank
10-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Yes, like other posts here, how I choose has changed over time.

I used to buy clothes that I though looked good on younger women I saw out - but had a lot of failures there as a lot of the time (most?) they didn't look good on me

Nowadays I buy some of my clothes from Supermarkets, but most online. A key consideration is will it fit well, as I don't have the right shape for tailored clothing. Then, do I like it, do I think it would suit me and will it feel comfortable?. Finally will I feel good wearing that?

I've found my success rate has gone way up (to the cost of a lower donation rate to local charity shops). But although I do look through the fashion pages, I don't really find that they influence my choice much.

But to the point of the thread, probably I'm most influenced by clothes I see older women wearing, even if I'm not directly aware of it.

Alice Torn
10-09-2014, 05:35 PM
I think the dress styles of the late 1950's through the late 1960's strongly influenced me. Skirt suits, hose and heels, shift, and sheath dresses, with sweaters.

Yoshisaur
10-09-2014, 08:25 PM
My appearance is pretty much influenced by the women i'm surrounded by. I'm in college through most of the day so I see a lot of youthful and cute girls. I kind of try to reflect my apparels based on what I see through the day.

carahawkwind
10-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Sometimes when I dress I feel really narcissistic because I like to dress in way that looks attractive to myself and often think to myself I'm looking good and that boy me would really be into girl me.

Beverley Sims
10-10-2014, 12:57 AM
My taste is dictated by what comes out every spring. :)

prene
10-10-2014, 02:08 AM
My tastes has changed a lot.
At first I wanted to be very sexy and curvy ... but that got old and uncomfortable.

I am mostly comfortable with myself and now I just want to be comfortable and feminine.

Not that I will not wear something not to comfortable if it is the right event.

Mostly now I just want to blend in when I dress and not to be a standout at all.

onebestdress
10-10-2014, 09:32 AM
I am trying to figure out exactly what my style is. My wife and I do a lot of shopping at a specific thrift store. I didn't ever think I would be intterested in womens jeans until I came across a pair of pink jeans that work so well with a nice black empress top. It has become my favorite outfit. I was pretty sure the only womens clothes I would wear would be skirts or dresses. I was wrong. LOL.

silkycdresser
10-13-2014, 06:00 AM
I also tend to wear the kind of clothes worn by women I am attracted to, almost like I'm trying to feel like them.

BLUE ORCHID
10-13-2014, 06:54 AM
Hi PT, I tend to stay with the classic styles and stay away from the funky style of the day.:daydreaming:

NicoleScott
10-13-2014, 07:29 AM
I agree with the OP. What I like to wear is largely determined by what I like to see on women, and not by the current fashion trend. My desire to dress for pleasure far outweighs my desire to dress to pass.