PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Topics on Crossdressers.com

il.dso
10-10-2014, 08:54 AM
I love this incredible website and find the topics and discussions to be remarkably insightful and thought-provoking.
It's a such a great place to learn about the challenges and successes of our community and to feel less isolated and alone with our struggles.
My favorite topics are:
1. How we started crossdressing and the challenges we faced in our youth.
2. The extent to which we have accepted (or not accepted) our needs/desires to crossdress.
3. How our crossdressing has affected our wives, SOs, and family.
4. How our desire to crossdress changes as we get older (and hopefully wiser).
5. Clothing advice and discussions (I never get tired of the panty threads!).

That my list, please add yours!

Beverley Sims
10-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Acceptance within ourselves and our own progression towards public presentation.

Rachael Leigh
10-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Learning how others deal with their SO who are not so inclined to accept this.
I also enjoy the picture threads of all our fashion finds.

Jaylyn
10-10-2014, 10:15 AM
I enjoy finding out there are more that have the same passion and desire to dress. Knowing I'm not affected with something that is not bad and that it is a natural part of some folks life.
Topics:
1. Why we dress.
2. Where other dressers are.
3. Finding some friends from the site I can confide in and be comforted to talk about what I enjoy.
4. Of course the picture threads. Seeing what I like and don't.
5 discovering new makeup techniques.

Connie D50
10-10-2014, 10:20 AM
I also love this site I wish it was here 40 years ago. Connie

MsVal
10-10-2014, 11:36 AM
I was quite troubled by guilt, shame, and poor self-image when I found this forum. The advice and stories of self acceptance were of incredible help. Those topics are still close to my heart.

onebestdress
10-10-2014, 12:06 PM
I love this site as well. I enjoy reading about SO acceptance and lifestyles.

Kate Simmons
10-10-2014, 12:08 PM
While we all no doubt enjoy the "glitter" aspect of CDing, my favorite subjects are when folks get in touch with their feelings and begin to move forward in a positive direction.:battingeyelashes::)

~Joanne~
10-10-2014, 12:11 PM
My favorite section is the Picture gallery. I love seeing what everyone has found, bought and how they wear it. I don't really have any one topic that stands out as a favorite. There is a lot of good discussions here. It would be easier to point out the ones I don't like.....like the pantie threads.

Zylia
10-10-2014, 12:12 PM
It's funny how your list of favourite topics includes some my least favourite topics, first and foremost panty threads :D

Anyway, I always like topics that are more about sharing thoughts rather than finding the right answers, the ones about identity, sexuality, 'labels', etc. I also like fashion topics or the ones about the more technical side of cross-dressing/female impersonation (makeup, tucking, padding, posing, etc.). Those are actually pretty rare. I like to browse the picture gallery as well, but a lot of threads are a bit samey.

Adriana Moretti
10-10-2014, 02:21 PM
im with Zylia....I cant stand panty threads, also, being single..the S/O pity parties are my least favorite ..if I see the word S/O in the OG post...I keep it moving...I cant help that situation,and the worst person to give others advice in that dept. I rarely check the pic threads...unless I recognize the posters name as a personal friend... My favorites would be makeup and fashion ( rare)...first time out dressed stories ( that are not novels)...getting caught stories, and I love a good catfight when men in dresses judge other men in dresses..you have to catch them before they dissapear though.

Lorileah
10-10-2014, 02:54 PM
I also like fashion topics or the ones about the more technical side of cross-dressing/female impersonation (makeup, tucking, padding, posing, etc.). Those are actually pretty rare. I like to browse the picture gallery as well, but a lot of threads are a bit samey.

My favorites would be makeup and fashion ( rare)... Have either one of you checked the clothing and accessories boards?:brolleyes:

ArleneRaquel
10-10-2014, 03:01 PM
I have no particular subjects or topics that I enjoy more than others. I just love the site, especially if its a thread that I started. :heehee:

Melissa18
10-10-2014, 03:04 PM
My all time favourite threads, are about the late bloomers. It amazes me why you would start dressing at a later age? I started dressing prior Pre school, to me I'm was born with it, so im intriqued why late bloomers dress and what was their catalyst?
Adelaide

Ressie
10-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Yep, the wife acceptance threads don't interest me since I'm single, but if I ever become attached I'll be glad they exist. I love panties, but don't find it a fascinating topic for discussion. "Passing" threads never interested me, but I'm slowly starting to venture out of the closet, so I'm getting more interested.

I like: Discovery of where we each are on the TG spectrum, what TG levels there are, why we crossdress, stories of being out and possibly being outed etc.

Not exactly a thread topic but #1 to me: Contacting and meeting other CDs in person thru this website has been wonderful. ;)

Zylia
10-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Have either one of you checked the clothing and accessories broads?:brolleyes:

Yep :brolleyes:

I said they're rare (the ones that interest me anyway), not nonexistent. Either way, I think that "woe is me, I'm transgender" threads and "my wife doesn't like my frilly panties" threads are a bit more common, but YMMV.

Cheryl Ann Owens
10-10-2014, 05:59 PM
This is an awesome site of acceptance and knowing I'm not alone. I only wish I had a site like this when I was a teen many decades ago because things would have been much different for me.

I like seeing threads and pictures posted by the younger generation and knowing they have SO much acceptance and opportunities today to even go all the way through transition. The younger gals here seem to have an advantage with their youthful appearance that they can maintain.

But my favorite threads, some that I've started, are those where any of us can reconnect with old girlfriends we knew long ago. I said in another thread that I have about a dozen girl friends today who love and embrace, and accept me. Some always suspected things about me. Today I make the best of it while feeling good about the women in my life who truly know me, love me, and protect me.

Cheryl

Genny B
10-10-2014, 06:09 PM
I enjoy the stories! 1st time out, trying something new, personnel victory's, and lessons learned!

Genny B

charlenesomeone
10-10-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm with Genny, like the stories about girls accepting themselves.
The fashion tips are great. Lots of makeup tips on Cd stores and YouTube.
Char

BLUE ORCHID
10-10-2014, 07:49 PM
I just totally enjoy interacting with the thousands of sisters on this forum.

wanda66
10-11-2014, 02:46 PM
When i found this site i struggled for days trying to decide weather to join or not. It was difficult for me to actually say out loud what was inside of me. I've gained confidence and found that i have many sisters out there. The storys are great and i love each and every one of you.
thank you ladies.

Della
10-12-2014, 12:53 AM
I'm with Wanda 66, but wondered longer. I read other's experiences and think--what if, what will. This site is informative and the people insightful, kind and welcoming. So, to your topic, I tend to read threads about 2, acceptance, and 3, affect.

Teresa
10-12-2014, 04:18 AM
iL.dso,
I agree with you on your selection of subjects but had to smile at No4 older and wiser ! Yes I should be but coming out to this forum less than a year ago I'm still playing catch-up ! The only one I'm not too bothered with is the panty threads, OK I like wearing them but hearing how many others have seems pointless !

Possibly like many members here we go from total isolation in the closet to out ourselves on an open forum ! As Wanda says pressing the join button and seeing the confirmation Email is quite a step ! An even bigger one is taking the risky decision to use your own picture as your avatar !!

CostaRicaRachel
10-12-2014, 06:51 AM
I'm not sure I have a favorite subject, but I truly enjoy the
post where you "gurls" are speaking from the heart about
issues we can all relate to. Sometimes I feel happy, sad and jealous
all at the same time when someone describes their small successes or
failure, just trying to be themselves and fit it.

It makes me feel so Human;)

Mink
10-12-2014, 04:01 PM
threads about panties!

esp. the way it bothers some people... haha!

il.dso
10-14-2014, 06:56 AM
Thanks for all of the replies!
Always so much to think about and learn from the experiences of others out there in cd cyberland!

Michelle789
10-14-2014, 09:45 PM
1. Male privilege
2. Crossdresser vs. transsexual
3. Passing and getting clocked
4. I am trying to figure myself out (seriously though, I like helping the newcomers)
5. Is this all just a fetish, or is there something more?

Jenniferathome
10-14-2014, 10:54 PM
I think the posters in this thread must be in the minority. I'll bet my life that THE MOST popular topics on this site is anything with the word "boob" in the title and equaled by the ever present, "how straight are you?" threads. Look the the read count. Nothing comes close. Someone is reading them....

lexivanderpump
10-14-2014, 10:54 PM
1. The GG's honest perspective.
2. Posts about "coming out" to wife,
3. The friendships made on CD.com
4. The overehelming wonderful advice and support in here.
5. Looking at all the pictures/avatars of all the gorgeous girls on CD.com

Love,
Lexi V.

Samantha_Smile
10-16-2014, 10:32 AM
LOL don't know about your favorites, it sounds like a top 5 list of forum re-posts.

I'm more partial to
1- Lengthy, detailed accounts of how people came out/were found out to their wives/SOs.
2- Pictures. Gaining inspiration, ideas and receiving lovely compliments.
3- Opinion based discussion on, literally, whatever we want.
4- Honest accounts from GGs, SO's and wives about female perspective on CD's, accepting or otherwise - If it's honest, it's relevant.
5- Tutorials and tips. Love to see sharing of knowledge and wisdom happening. It's how we evolve.

Personally, I'm not into the 'why do we dress' thing and the threads that repeat themselves, because I hate repeating myself.
Its nothing personal to anyone who posts them - I get it, noobs wont have seen the threads before, and so they can chew the fat.
I'm more excited about topics that pose 'what if's' and hypothesise scenarios.

Allison2006
10-16-2014, 03:13 PM
I like most of the topics others have listed, but in addition, shoes and hose are favorites of mine.

Adriana Moretti
10-16-2014, 03:23 PM
I think the posters in this thread must be in the minority. I'll bet my life that THE MOST popular topics on this site is anything with the word "boob" in the title and equaled by the ever present, "how straight are you?" threads. Look the the read count. Nothing comes close. Someone is reading them....

Oh yea..this is true...the old "Am I gay" Threads make for an entertaining read...that stuff is classic material.

paulaprimo
10-16-2014, 03:39 PM
although the majority of cd'ers "claim" to be straight, i think the read counts on those "am i gay threads" are
so high because many of the "claimers" are not, or at the very least, very very curious... :)

seems the ones that yell the loudest about something, usually do the opposite...

flatlander_48
10-16-2014, 05:48 PM
In no particular order, I would have to say:

Makeup information
Accounts of triumph from the depths of despair
Going out for the first time
Shoe threads
How the mind reconciles a male persona with female presentation

candykowal
10-16-2014, 05:53 PM
I am all about reading experiences when meeting others from the forum!
There is nothing more exciting then getting together with several local friends for a "Girls Night Out"....period.
For me, I suppose that is because I do not get that chance as much as I would like, about 4 to 5 times a year.
Just to experience meeting people who have that same passion is so fun!

So when I see others posting their experiences, I know how they felt and all those emotions involved...and can relate in their experience.
It brings me to my happy place with great friends and thoughts of future adventures.:thumbup:

Babbs
10-16-2014, 07:20 PM
My favorite posts are the pic threads. I find I look at those first. I love seeing how hot looking so many girls here can be...It makes me wonder how some GG's can't make themselves look good when plain looking to ugly guys can transform into hot looking women????

Babbs
10-16-2014, 07:22 PM
I also get great ideas from seeing how the rest of you dress and wear make-up

Janine cd
10-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Learning to accept myself for who I am because of the closeness that I have with my sisters here is the most important reason to be connected with this group. I love it.

heatherdress
10-17-2014, 12:11 AM
I love this site. It is great for learning, and accepting, and growing. It is entertaining. And it is a way of supporting and helping others.

After a few years, you realize there are some basic topics which repeat, over and over. Not much is new, but our understanding changes. I appreciate what others share and continue to grow.

Amanda L.
10-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Thanks for putting this post up, it has got me thinking (which is a great stimulus from this Forum).
I guess for me I am interested in the posts that share the deeper thoughts and generate some very intelligent dialogue. I must say though that I get very annoyed when a thought provoking thread gets hi-jacked with a comment that spears it off into some fluffy tangent. Come on girls are we that self indulgent that we cant stay on topic? (sorry bit of a rant there)
I like the threads that generate a bit of banter and allow for humorous discourse. Most of all though I love reading the input from my friends and regular contributors.
I'm not a big fan of the Pics and Videos section I have come to realise. I don't need to comment on a girl showing off her new sock. And I am certainly not interested in Panty threads.
So any thread that makes me think, makes me laugh or provides me with inspiration are my favourites. My mindset has changed a lot since I joined in June.
Luv to you all
Amanda
xx