PDA

View Full Version : I'm struggling with something, Need some advice.

Natasha V
10-10-2014, 11:15 AM
I was put on testosterone replacement for low T because of low energy and a little depression. My pituitary gland produces close to zero testosterone and my estrogen level was higher then testosterone for a few yrs. Now I am starting to grow hair all over and I'm regretting starting testosterone since I started Dressing enfemme I really don't want too change to be too masculine I just feel like I'm really happy without dealing with all the hair I have never had to shave in my life. Am I being paranoid ?
Thanks in advance...

Tracii G
10-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Does your doctor know of your gender dysphoria?

Natasha V
10-10-2014, 11:30 AM
No I have not told him because I have only come to terms with myself recently and I don't know what I want anymore.

Shelly Preston
10-10-2014, 11:55 AM
You really need to speak with your doctor about this. He or She may have an alternative to what you are taking now.

If you don't give them all the facts it makes it more difficult.

Kate Simmons
10-10-2014, 12:04 PM
I agree with the previous comments in that your Dr, really needs to know your feelings about this. A Doctor's main concern is the well being of his patients. :)

~Joanne~
10-10-2014, 12:07 PM
If you really don't want to tell him about your CDing or whatever, at least tell him that You don't like the hair side effects. He may have a different med for you.

Leahann
10-10-2014, 12:39 PM
I agree with Kate. Doctors see all types of patients during med school, residency and then in practice. None of mine have been shocked at my panties or toenails.

DebbieL
10-10-2014, 12:46 PM
You have many indications of gender ambiguity and your dysphoria and cross-dressing are just other symptoms.

Low Testosterone levels are not necessarily a bad thing. Many of us who are in transition take medication to push it even lower.
You absolutely should talk to your doctor about your situation. At this point, you are just beginning to experience signs of changes that could signal puberty. If you didn't have much hair before and weren't particularly masculine before, you could find that the T therapy will cause a full blown puberty complete with hairy body, voice drop, acne, and changes in muscular development. If that's what you wanted, then go for it. But based on your original post, it sounds like you need to talk to your doctor immediately and work out the best way to safely stop as quickly as possible.

You should absolutely talk to your doctor about the dysphoria. This will help him re-interpret what he has been seeing in your lab work and may help him better plan your treatment that will be safer and healthier for you.

Jaymees22
10-10-2014, 01:31 PM
I think you have gotten some good advice here. How old are you? It didn't say on your profile page but you look young in your picture. I hear a lot of negatives about testosterone therapy, I would certainly look into those and also seek a therapist's advice to see what you should be doing in the future. Hugs Jaymee

Cheryl Ann Owens
10-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm no doctor but mine wanted to put me on T for the same reasons and I didn't want to for many reasons. Maybe an anti-depressant could be substituted? Ask your doctor. That's the common answer you'll get here. I'd suggest you ask in the TS body and health forum.

Cheryl

Natasha V
10-10-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm 43 yrs old but I have been blessed with Hypopituitary deficiency which makes me look younger then I am. I can't thank you all enough for all the great advice, I have been looking for a therapist here but the closest one is over 300 miles away that specializes in gender dysphoria. I really don't feel like seeing some counciler that doesn't have any knowledge of what's going on with me. Thanks again.

Annaliese
10-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Not at all, you going to need to have a talk with your doctor. Take you off the testosterone replacement, and find something that will make you feel better, and that estrogen.

MsVal
10-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Aside from all the wonderful people on this forum and in TG support groups, there are three people that know of my gender dysphoria: my wife (she's a saint), my therapist (necessary for emotional health), and my medical doctor (necessary for physical health). They all know of each other.

My medical doctor recently put me on a medicine for my anxiety. A side effect of that medicine is gynecomastia (growth of breasts on males). I wonder if he did that intentionally for that side effect. <wink>

Stephanie Julianna
10-10-2014, 04:40 PM
As a nurse, my advice is to talk with your doctor and lay everything out there. Also, testosterone, like many other hormone replacement drugs, has many side effects. Have you read the insert that should have come with the script? Go over all of this with your M.D. If he is the kind that can not give you the time then get another doc.

Beverley Sims
10-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Natasha,
I know how you feel.
I was given Estrogen treatment and had it suddenly withdrawn to encourage a hormone imbalance.

I often wish I had not let them do that as I was enjoying the peace and tranquility I enjoyed, also the boobs I was growing. :)

Brynna M
10-11-2014, 04:00 PM
I agree with everyone about talking to your doctor.

I'll just add that it sounds like you went on the testosterone supplement in part for metal health reasons. That's tricky stuff so get it all out there with your doc. It will be a mess if you get depressed because of the hair cause by the testosterone prescribed in part to help with depression.

Natasha V
10-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Hi Brynna
Testosterone was given to me to replace the testosterone my body can't produce it has nothing to do with mental health reasons. Lol I just went 40+ yrs with low testosterone so I am not use to hairy anything. Or muscular for that matter. I hope to lower my dose to minimum till I get more focused on what I want.

Vickie_CDTV
10-11-2014, 04:15 PM
You should really talk to your doctor about your GID, they need the complete picture to treat you appropriately. Still, I wouldn't discount testosterone therapy complete. Remember, everyone needs some testosterone. Some GGs (and even a few TS) I know have been found to have low testosterone (for their gender) and been prescribed some sort of testosterone therapy to combat depression, lack of energy and low libido.