PDA

View Full Version : a little bit of dressed up shopping

SiobhanUK
10-11-2014, 02:20 AM
Hi all
I thought that i would talk about my first ever trip to the shops dressed as Siobhan. Now many years ago before the dreaded purge i had been into a underwear shop near to where i lived and got measured up for a bra, however that was in drab so a very different experience and my trip to a TV venue last week was to a TV friendly audience. Therefore yesterdays excursion marked a major step change for me!

So yesterday morning, delving into my rather limited wardrobe (there is plenty of time to rectify that), i chose a black with white across the top blouse, a black tailored skirt and a pair of knee length boots. By the time i had got myself ready i almost bottled it but sucking it all in i opened the front door and stepped into the world as Siobhan. I'd decided that my trip to the shops would be to a town about 10 minutes train ride away, just in case of recognition by anyone i know. Again there is still time for Siobhan to go public but right now this is enough.

Walking to the station i didn't notice any obvious stares and couldn't hear any comments but maybe people were just being polite. I'd chosen a time of day when the station would be reasonably quiet outside of rush hour, used the automated machine to get my tickets and proceeded to the platform. Despite having used the station almost everyday in drab, I'd never really paid anyone else close attention but due to my heightened nerves i was constantly on edge but due to the joys of the modern world everybody seemed so engrossed in their phones, kindles and tablets that i was almost invisible to them. The train arrived, a nice new and almost empty one so made my way to the end of one of the carriages and settled in for the short ride.

I didn't have any definite purchases that i wanted to make so once i reached the other station i just headed for the shopping centre to browse. It was here that i had my only negative comment of the day. At least i think i did or it could have been my heightened nerves making me paranoid. Whilst waiting to cross a busy junction a white van with some a couple of 20 something blokes was waiting at the front of the vehicles and as I crossed i could hear one of them shouting 'Hey big boy' in my direction numerous times. I never turned back to look at them so it could have been purely coincidental of them shouting it as i was there or them genuinely being abusive. I didn't hang around to find out which.

After enjoying a lengthy perusal of many items in numerous clothes shops (i didn't have the nerve yesterday to use the changing rooms, but baby steps!), some light refreshment was in order before heading home. Next to the station is a Costa coffee shop which despite being late morning/lunchtime was remarkably quiet. Ordering my drink presented a new challenge for the day, actually talking to a real person. Now credit to the young barista behind the counter but if he was able to read me, he didn't show it and was highly professional.

After a leisurely read of the paper it was time to reverse the journey and take Siobhan home, a quick visit to the ladies toilet (another first) and then catch the train home. Again i made my way to a quiet section of a carriage and sat back and reflected on what i considered to be a successful day. Yes there are things that I'd like to do next time, probably some more interaction with the general public and definitely some more shopping. I need a chat with my bank manager first before that one though!! lol!! The walk back from the train station to home was another uneventful journey and then it was time to get my boots off and put my feet up before having to get changed back into my male self

I've put a few pictures from the day up on my Flickr page, nothing too exciting but you will see a very happy, smiling Siobhan enjoying herself

I hope I've not bored you with the long read, but it's nice to tell people all about my experiences.

EllenJo
10-11-2014, 07:52 AM
Siobhan, what a lovely story. So glad you enjoyed your day. The guys that made the comment at the intersection might have been hailing a friend and not you. I sounds like you really pulled it off. Congratulations.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Beverley Sims
10-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Siobahn,
I enjoy first time stories, as they are so exhilerating.
I think my first time shopping happens every time I go into a new store or area.