PDA

View Full Version : The wig maker

KittyD
10-11-2014, 04:44 AM
Got my hair cut yesturday, nothing amazing just a trim :)
But the young man cutting my hair turned out to be a wig maker...!
We talked for a while as you do and being a wig freak I pulled out my phone and said have a look at these pictures of me as Kate with my many wigs.
Naturally I'm not shy about showing poeple pictures of myself dressed - why should I be?

He was delighted and most pleased with what he saw and now I have my very own wig maker :D
Over the next few months we will be talking more about what type & style of wig to make and when this happens I will show you the end result.

KD :D

Rogina B
10-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Too bad he wasn't here in the US!! I want Megyn Price's hairdo so badly! But I doubt that I can shear her like a sheep for your friend to use,unfortunately! So,I guess i will have to find the style in plastic..oh well..

KittyD
10-11-2014, 11:51 AM
It was an interesting chat, I'd not met a wig maker before and as he was saying you don't find many hairdresser or stylist going into the trade!
Prehaps a dying art?

Beverley Sims
10-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Looks like some interesting times coming up Kitty.

Teresa
10-12-2014, 04:38 AM
Kitty that was a great thing to happen, as a wig designer he won't be bothered who wears his products, he'll probably enjoy working with a CDer !
I find it a fasinating subject because I saw what a difference a wig could make when I photographed a local Shekespear Company over a fourteen year period ! I was always amazed how it changed the female actresses but the guys always suffered, they were all amateur actors and so few of them had obviously never worn a wig before ! Even so some of the producers were scathing with their comments the most common cry was ," Too Wiggy!! " That's when I learned about the correct position of a wig and how wig colours worked with and without makeup ! I got to the point where I would reject or ask the stylist to redo the wig ! The most amusing mistake most guys made was wearing them back to front !!

Diane Smith
10-13-2014, 01:03 AM
There is a custom wig maker here in my town as well, but his prices start at about US$2000 and go up from there depending on the size and complexity of the job. While I'd love to have one made just for me, I can't afford thah kind of money for it.

Did you talk prices with your new acquaintance?

- Diane