PDA

View Full Version : I might have been outed, but decided not to worry about it

katssun
10-11-2014, 02:33 PM
I was on business travel, and made a request of my parents to give my place a quick drive by while I was gone to see if anything was up.

Before I left for the trip, I left basically everything out. All my clothes, my forms, some makeup, the wig, etc. in the bedroom. I felt pretty comfortable because I was only going to be gone for the part of the work week.

What I didn't realize is that they would go into the house to check if anything was leaking or flooded. I got text while I was on the trip confirming they had been inside, and freaked out momentarily. I played it cool on the phone that evening, and it seemed that it had all gone unnoticed. At the time, I thanked the heavens for my luck.

Then a few days later, I realized that there were items laying out plain to see in the open where the truth is pretty obvious in the areas they definitely checked on.

I might have been outed, but after thinking about it (after some momentary panics and a few glasses of alcohol), I've decided not to worry about it. It's really my personal business, and if it does come up I'll just be honest: "I've been cross-dressing secretly since I was 11, and I don't really want to discuss it again."

Anyone else just decided that it isn't worth the trouble getting wound up about it?

Leahann
10-11-2014, 02:43 PM
It's history now and life goes on. Kind of like when my wife realized I wear panties.

Natasha V
10-11-2014, 03:42 PM
I believe it will simply become a dadt situation. So why worry.

Rachelakld
10-11-2014, 03:54 PM
At home from military with my kit bag, mum took out all my clothes for washing while I was out, she was very cool with what she found and I told her they were mine, my smalls came back nicely folded.

Psychics yesterday in a public demo said I had a split soul but wouldn't discuss it further in public, wife & daughters nodding & laughing off their seats.

Gardener
10-11-2014, 04:01 PM
I guess there is another question and that is if at some level you set up a scene where you would reveal yourself? Anyway as others have said it is done now and life goes on. So relax. Good luck.

Tonya Rose
10-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Yea iI agree. Up until a couple months ago my wife was the only one who knew. But my stepdaughter showed up here unannounced and saw me walking across yard in a dress. And a lot like you first reaction was OH S*%# then after a few drinks. I just thought (what the hell) she andI i talked a lil while later and she knows whoI am down inside and that iI have always done all I could to make sure her and her family were taken care of and that I would give her the shirt off my back if she needed it. She acceptes me for who I am and not what I wear. My point is somewhere someday someone is going to find out about our cross dressing and if they love us for who we are they won't care what we wear. And if they have a problem with it they didn't love us to begin with. .. my stepdaughter a I are much closer now i know my secret is safe with her we're gurlfriend's now and i have someone to go shopping with. She hasnt ever asked for the shirt off my back... but she does have her eye on my lil pink skirt LOL... BE YOURSELF BE HAPPY!!!!

AngelaYVR
10-11-2014, 05:27 PM
That was very good of your parents to not say anything.

Isabella Ross
10-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm a little curious...seems like a good opportunity being squandered. Why not tell them? I told my parents about a year ago; they reacted so well, and it's pretty nice to be honest with people who are important to you.

Natasha V
10-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Hi Tonya that is so cool I'm really glad you have opened up to let your daughter become your best friend as well. That is a great blessing.

Cheryl Ann Owens
10-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Well it's as they say, water under the bridge. I think we're our own worst enemies to worry or be paranoid wondering what anyone thinks. So far they haven't come with torches and big guys dragging you off to be re-progrramed in some assylum. I think we fear the worst. I have many trusted GG friends and one I think may have been vindictive enough last year to out me to lose some friends on Facebook. To me it's not a loss. I know who my real friends are. I think I know of other GG friends I could tell about me and feel safe.

It's not the end of the world. I'm sure there are people who know about me. But it HAS NOT changed the quality of my life. Screw those who want to try to screw up my life! The people who truly love you wll always be there for and with you. I have plenty and it doesn't get any better.

Cheryl

Angie G
10-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Good for you Kat. It sounds like it no big deal.:hugs:
Angie

Beverley Sims
10-11-2014, 11:13 PM
On the odd occasion I get caught out and that is whilst I am touring I get asked all sorts of questions, gay? boyfriends? girlfriends?
I tell them what they want to believe.
My wife is by my side and she thinks they are incredulous and that matches some of my answers as well. :)
Yes I am gay, not attracted to guys and live in a lesbian relationship.
The reaction is usually Oh! and they move on.
The fishmongers at Pikes market havent worked me out yet, but I still get discounted crab legs.
Next please.:)

Tracii G
10-11-2014, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't worry about them seeing anything if they want to know they will ask.

Teresa
10-12-2014, 05:39 AM
Katssun,
Depending on how accepting your parents are ? You could have an opening now to reply to questions about what you would like for a Xmas gift !

As long as they don't think it was intentional, but you didn't expect them to go inside, what good caring parents they are !!

Bev, might I just ask if you confuse yourself sometimes ! I've heard the saying about leave them guessing some of the time ! But leave them guessing all of the time !! Well at least you get a good deal from the fishmonger !!

Rogina B
10-12-2014, 06:32 AM
I'm a little curious...seems like a good opportunity being squandered. Why not tell them? I told my parents about a year ago; they reacted so well, and it's pretty nice to be honest with people who are important to you.

You are right about that! And it isn't a big deal unless you make it one..

MsVal
10-12-2014, 08:39 AM
I do not know what kind of relationship you have with your parents Katssun, but I agree with others that for everyone's comfort, you talk with them about your crossdressing. Parents usually want their children to have full, happy, and productive lives. They can be your greatest allies and share from the wealth of their experience.

Lacyfem
10-12-2014, 09:14 AM
If they wanted to ask more about it they would have done so already. I'm sure they are curious now and wondering if you're gay but again, let them wonder and bring it up themselves if they really want to know. Bisides like another has said, if they are good parents then they want you to be happy and to be who you want to be. That say I'd have loved to dress with you and share a couple of glasses of alcohol with you when you got home, preferably a nice red wine and then have some gurl talk. hugs.