PDA

View Full Version : Its National Coming out day

jessica2009
10-11-2014, 05:51 PM
so i heard this on the radio, was wondering if anyone has had the chance to come out because of this day? did you know about this? does it encourage you to come out to someone?

In case anyone is curious and doesnt know about this.

National Coming out day 2014 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Coming_Out_Day)

MelanieAnne
10-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Ummm, no it doesn't! :eek:

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you" :devil:

Beverley Sims
10-11-2014, 09:41 PM
I went out and took part in the heart march in Seattle this morning.
Saved me a 2.50 bus fare down town to Westlake.
I was going in that direction anway. :)
Always glad to support a good cause.

MissTee
10-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Changes nothing for me.

AletaHawk
10-11-2014, 11:09 PM
People I've known for a long time have known I'm bi, but I'd hoped to make it public today (Saturday). Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to talk to my wife beforehand, and since it could affect her work, I wanted to make sure she was okay with it first.

Ginger Jameson
10-11-2014, 11:53 PM
I came out to everyone I knew today (via Facebook). I've been on the fence about coming out to this person or that and haven't for various random reasons (most of which are just thin veneers over the real reason: fear). Finding out today was NCOD, plus some help from a five year old at McDonald's, gave me the courage to just say to hell with it. I picked four decent photos of me and posted them to Facebook with thanks to the few folks who already know and answers tot he most obvious questions: 5 years, no I don't want to transition.

It's been less than an hour, but so far so good.