PDA

View Full Version : "Well that escalated quickly" - a wig and a dress have transformed my cross-dressing!

julielivingmylife
10-12-2014, 04:13 PM
I can't believe what's happened in the past 48 hours - I've been outside my house twice!!! Just a week ago that was unimaginable. It was a dream. Not even on the horizon. Impossible! Yet it's no more than 30 minutes since I returned home from a walk down a busy road in a dress and tights. I'm shaking just thinking about it!

It's like I've been transformed in my belief that I can "pass" and my concern at being discovered (it's my life and I only get one - so screw the haters!). The main difference? Make-up and a wig (and some alcohol)!

To provide some context, ever since I was 4 or 5 I've had a fascination with pantyhose/tights. 99% of my childhood cross-dressing experiences revolved around pantyhose in some way. I'd occasionally get the chance to try out other things if my Mum was out for a while. Yet they were sideshows to the real deal and never had the same impact as pantyhose.

However in the past month or two my dressing has escalated quickly - for four main reasons: 1. I've been developing an increased desire to be more feminine and pantyhose alone just won't cut it. 2. As I get older I'm becoming more inclined to think "if it makes me happy why deny myself the pleasure?". 3. I now live on my own again so there is ample time to dress. 4. Finally... the big one - there is a remote pick-up point for internet shopping nearby so I can order anything I want while at work and discretely pick-it up later. I'm like a kid in a candy store!

SO - two or three weeks ago I was still very much the guy who would wear pantyhose under my trousers and be terrified of anyone seeing my exposed ankles.

Yet as a result of the changes that have occurred recently my wardrobe has grown considerably. I went crazy and spent a lot of money on dresses, shoes, underwear/hosiery and a cardigan. Pleased with the results and wanting to complete my look I went further and bought a wig and make-up. These have been a revelation - putting on the wig made me feel and look (within reason) so feminine. No dress or skirt has ever had the impact that my first wig has had!

Standing there in front of the mirror this weekend I thought "Wow - I could actually pass for a woman in the right conditions!". It was such a rush! So great was the change that after a few glasses of wine I thought "I'm going to step outside and put the garbage out" (my apartment has communal bins so it meant a 60 second walk into the courtyard and back up the staircase).

Then today I took it even further. I stepped out the door and walked down the main road - this time for 5 minutes before coming back (I had my hoodie up as I wasn't 100% confident but I was wearing a wig, dress, black tights and pumps). Thankfully there were no pedestrians - I would have freaked out and ran - but several cars went past. Thinking about it now, assuming they've not realised I was a man (my walk is totally untested) then I'm pretty sure most of those driving along the road will have taken a quick glance at this "woman's" legs / behind :O)

Well there we have it. Sorry to bore you but I felt I had to share my feelings after such a big day for me in terms of cross-dressing.

Julie xxx

Michaelasfun
10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Congrats and welcome Julie! For a first post you managed to squeeze a lot of exciting things in :heehee:
I know what you mean about the wig (and dress); I feel that the right wig and makeup can really make your look "pop". Welcome to the forum too btw!

julielivingmylife
10-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Thanks Michaela - I think the wine I've had not only makes me brave but also write a lot :) Glad to be posting at last after being a visitor for some time. I appreciate your support and the nice welcome. Julie...

Julie Denier
10-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Good for you! Always happy to welcome another Julie to the forum ;)

Before you know it, you'll be posting photos and sharing all kinds of new adventures with us ...

Sara Jessica
10-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Then today I took it even further. I stepped out the door and walked down the main road - this time for 5 minutes before coming back (I had my hoodie up as I wasn't 100% confident but I was wearing a wig, dress, black tights and pumps). Thankfully there were no pedestrians - I would have freaked out and ran - but several cars went past. Thinking about it now, assuming they've not realised I was a man (my walk is totally untested) then I'm pretty sure most of those driving along the road will have taken a quick glance at this "woman's" legs / behind :O)

Are you ready for a little less "rah rah rah" and a little more practical advice?

I read your post and wondered if I was this naive when I first ventured into the outside world. I guess that would be about 30 years ago but I was fairly young when I did so. Let's see???? NOT A CHANCE!

What possesses people to take those first steps walking 5 minutes down a main road, likely dressed unlike every other woman out there? Dressed in a way that many might view as provocative for a woman alone walking down the street (you don't mention the time of day, I'm guessing night).

I can see the headlines which can be very unfriendly towards our tribe...

Guy in dress attacked on main road, story on page 19.

Or worse. TG are often the victims of violent assaults and murder. There have been two murders within an hour's drive of where I live within the last few months. The most recent case the authorities are saying it likely wasn't a targeted crime (ie - because the woman was TG) but the other may have been. Regardless, you are putting yourself out to be a statistic in the name of pink fog (which I define as an excuse to make bad decisions).

I'm glad you are taking steps to find your true self. At the same time I implore you to use a little common sense in doing so. Listen to those in these pages who have been there and done that and heed their advice.

Rachel Morley
10-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Well done for having the courage (dutch courage?) to go outside the house for that 5 minute walk. My first outing was a dress and drive. I drove around for about 20 minutes and then took a brief stroll in a strip mall. I didn't have the courage to go into any stores. Anyway, good luck, stay safe, and don't have too much wine :)

AngelaYVR
10-12-2014, 06:36 PM
You had fun and you got to take your first steps out into the world. Lots of us have done something similar, good for you! The next step is to see if there is a local group you can tag along with.

Angela xx

Jenniferathome
10-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Going outside in the wild is an incredible rush the first few times, but I want to echo something Sara Jessica mentions: how many women are wearing dresses and pumps (and a hoodie!?!) walking down the same street as you were? If you want to blend in, do some people watching first. The time and venue can help you pick a look that will fit in. And, as Sara Jessica points out, women do not walk alone on main roads unless there has been some serious emergency.

BLUE ORCHID
10-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Hi Julie, You are out there now there's no turning back anymore.:daydreaming:

Adriana Moretti
10-12-2014, 08:16 PM
I like your attitude....just be carefull with your nightime walks as stated by everyone.......and pull that hoodie down girl and own it xoxo ....try daytime with some jackie-o style shades, or maybe some goggles to help you see thru the fog LOL... Good luck on your journey.

Tina_gm
10-12-2014, 08:27 PM
I will add to what sarah and Jennifer have said and any others, be careful. It sounds to me like a massive case of the fog of pink. When the dust settles and the wine wears off, just please make sure you are not going to regret (if you have them) a wife, kids or other family and friends who are not ready to deal with this yet. Be who you are and enjoy, but be cautious, not throw it to the wind.

Beverley Sims
10-12-2014, 09:17 PM
I think a wig is sixty percent of our transformation.
It certainly makes the difference.
You can even wear male clothes and a wig and look like a woman.
No hair and a dress.... No way!

Ineke Vashon
10-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Obviously a severe and an enjoyable case of :c9:

Ineke

CherylFlint
10-13-2014, 02:30 AM
Yes, going public for the first time is a real rush.
Bit of advice, though. You got to be careful when you're "out-and-about".
Walking by yourself down a busy street is not the best idea in the world: try the mall, it's A LOT safer.
And, secondly, they say "Don't drink and drive" also applies to us girls: "Don't drink and dress".
Keep you wits about you.
Now, go out there and have fun. A good way to have "fun"? Buy stuff at consignment shops and thrift stores. Your money goes a lot longer that way.
You DON'T HAVE TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY, Honey.

Kate Simmons
10-13-2014, 05:43 AM
Just be careful. What you describe sounds like the process of CDing being in control of you rather than vice versa. The process doesn't necessarily have our best interests at heart. :)

CarlaWestin
10-13-2014, 06:30 AM
OK, now you've done it. Only next time, tone down the shoes, go out in the daytime and go where there's people.

carhill2mn
10-13-2014, 11:53 AM
IMHO makeup and a decent wig make the largest contributions towards achieving a feminine appearance.

taylormercedes
10-13-2014, 12:15 PM
That's awesome that you're exploring your feminity and having fun with it. I also agree that you have to be careful, a few weeks ago i was also caught in the pink fog, and took the dog out while dressed around 9pm. Although i didn't dress too outrageous (leggings, motorcycle boots, tank top, and leather jacket) i did run into someone who when they saw right through the makeup gave me a very threatening feeling. Luckily i was one busy street with plenty of cars, but i kept checking behind me for the rest of the walk. Now i just try to continue to blend in and kept a watchful eye out while still having fun. Enjoy yourself and have fun Julie!