PDA

View Full Version : I hate this feeling...

Aubrey Skye
10-12-2014, 11:17 PM
I'm not trying to start a religious debate here, so please don't take it there, but this does have some religious background. It's becoming increasingly hard to try and accept myself for who I am. Seems so many people out there try to preach loving everyone and so be it, but when it comes down to it, for things they don't understand, they just choose to hate. Why are people still so close-minded to "this lifestlye" as they call it. People who are Christians (I am myself) just choose to think it's wrong to do this or be who we are with no way to back it up, other than "it's wrong". Society has came a long way. I don't know how some of you older ladies and gents survived back then. I couldn't imagine. If someone could just give me one good reason to not be who I am, I'd stop in a heartbeat....Guess I'm going to be waiting a while....Rant over.

chelyann
10-12-2014, 11:38 PM
just be your self, some people are just closed minded and will not under stand or open their hearts to love all people equal:)

Rachelakld
10-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Many people are scared of the un-known, in case it can be contagious or dangerous.
It's called Fear.
And those that want to live the way Jesus lived (with exceptions to cars, tv, internet, mistresses, phones, fast food etc), are very scared of things they can't understand and control - like less normal people and Microsoft.

Adriana Moretti
10-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Ignorance is found everywhere....no matter what religon people are...thats the issue...ignorance...

Beverley Sims
10-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Aubrey,
Family upbringing and values run very deep and are not easily cast aside.
I suggest you change your views albeit slowly and accept the changes you now experience.

Aubrey Skye
10-12-2014, 11:50 PM
I'm accepting who I am. Just really tired of defending myself and defending against why its supposedly wrong in God's eyes. Again not creating a religious discussion here, but that's the biggest thing I face. And it's utterly exhausting. I can't survive like this...

Rachelakld
10-13-2014, 12:17 AM
All religion is a form of mind control (not about love or peace), you my dear can not be controlled.
So they label you as "not right in the head" or use words to abuse you.

If you can't be controlled, you must be removed so you don't influence others.

Don't defend yourself, they will look for anything you give them, to strip you down.

Tania75
10-13-2014, 12:35 AM
I have come from a religious family, and often felt that what was told to me by my elders, and preachers, was how it is.
Fortunately, my parents, while deeply religious, always let me decide for myself what I am to believe, and would always just give me a few pointers if I was unsure what to accept.
My father, unfortunately passed away many years ago, but along with my mother, just wanted me to see the full picture, and let me make the decisions for myself.
My mother often said, that if you are happy with your life, and you don't offend people, then live your life as you want. I can say no more.

Paula_Femme
10-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Ignorance is found everywhere....no matter what religon people are...thats the issue...ignorance...

And let's not forget those who use their preferred religion du jour to justify and excuse their own particular hatreds and prejudices! :angry:

CherylFlint
10-13-2014, 02:22 AM
Waiting until your dying breath.
Be woman enough to accept it, becasue you sure as heck can't "purge" your DNA.
That said, have fun with it and stop the self destructive "Oh, why me?" nonesense.
Relax, after all, it's the name of the game.
Like I said, have FUN. Enjoy "dressing" and everything that goes along with it.
The more you "dress", the better you get at it, and the better you get at it, the more fun it is. Get it?

jaleecd
10-13-2014, 02:29 AM
My belief is that God don't make Junk, and didn't start with you. All of you including the inner urges and yearnings are part of His creation, again He doesn't make junk

JayeLefaye
10-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Feel free to PM me Aubrey, I've been a devout Christian for 40 years, and fought the CD battle within myself for about 30 of those before finally reaching a good peace about them both.

But as to the Bible, and while trying to avoid any debates, I'd just like to point out that for every one(or two) scriptures that can(not quite accurately) be used to condemn CDing, there are a dozen that begin "Judge not lest ye be judged"...In Christian theology, there is only ONE Judge. Keep your peace on the, umm, vertical plane, and don't worry about those on the horizontal one.

" Society has came a long way. I don't know how some of you older ladies and gents survived back then."....But the thing is, we DID survive(most of us, sadly, not all), and society HAS come a long ways....Still a long ways to go, but ya know, there's been progress, and you're just next in line to fight the good fight, high heels and all!

Best

Jaye

DAVIDA
10-13-2014, 04:52 AM
This thread has gone where it isn't allowed.

•Religion of any sort, no exceptions

Thread closed.