PDA

View Full Version : Are we the true "Wonder Women"?

Jaymees22
10-13-2014, 06:03 PM
I recently read an article on the history of "Wonder Woman", it really had nothing to do with us as a group but I had a few thoughts about the name "Wonder Woman". Ms. Magazine had used her image on their first cover and I thought it better suited us.

Why would I think that you may Wonder?? Well when some people see us they may Wonder. I know I often Wonder the big WHY do I do this. We all Wonder how come certain things feel so good. We Wonder how we will look, if we'll pass, if we'll be accepted and all kinds of things.

So do you have any thoughts on why we might be the true "Wonder Women"??

Tina_gm
10-13-2014, 06:08 PM
From the cover pic, minus the hair and outfit, if I had a body like that I have no wonder that picking up women would have been easier lol. Not a good portrayal of the concept of wonder woman. I do wonder what it would be like to be a woman, but I do not think that makes me a wonder woman.

Kate Simmons
10-13-2014, 07:48 PM
People may also wonder if we are women. Her daughter in the comics, Fury was a hottie as well. :)

Tina_gm
10-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Oh I am sure as even I do, when I see someone out and presenting I wonder where they are, what they are, CD TS, pre op, post op. sometimes obvious about Cd and not TS but not always.

LelaK
10-14-2014, 12:34 AM
It's a Wonderful World, now and then.

Persephone
10-14-2014, 01:09 AM
Fun post, Jaymee!

You're right, we are wonder-full!

I also wonder what made you choose the Ms. cover for your picture of Wonder Woman. That was the cover of Volume 1, Number 1, but there was an unnumbered Preview Edition issued before that one. It had a different cover:

I actually have both issues in my collection.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jaymees22
10-15-2014, 06:13 PM
The creator of the original "Wonder Woman' was a bit of a character. He had a wife and a mistress who lived with them, after he gave his wife an ultimatum that he would leave her for the mistress OR she could come live with them. He had two children with each woman. Then after he died the two women stayed together, and people say we're weird?

My mother used to have a joke about "Wonder Bread", after you bring it home, you Wonder why you bought it!!!

Do any of you have any other things you wonder about CDing or the things that you do?