PDA

View Full Version : I knew better, but I purged anyway and a new way to shop

Ericaxd
10-15-2014, 02:00 PM
We were moving, and I thought I'd try once again to stop dressing. Purged everything but some earrings and makeup. Six months later, here I sit in a new dress, new flats, a bra with a little uplift, and realizing AGAIN that I cannot change. Of course, it's harder to change when I love this part of myself.

Ah, well. At least I've learned a new way to shop. Many retailers now offer a shop-on-line-pick-up-in-store service. I'd previously used it for hardware, but found a couple of dresses at Macy's that way, and picked them up "for my wife" with no hassle. This could get expensive.:)

Amanda L.
10-15-2014, 02:10 PM
A lesson learned is a lesson learned.
Don't make the same mistake twice or it will get very expensive. Plus you end up lamenting the loss of loved clothes........that's so sad!
Keep doing what you love Erica
Luv
Amanda
x

Marcelle
10-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi Erica,

Sorry to hear about the loss of clothing but on the upside you found a new way to shop.

Hugs

Isha

sometimes_miss
10-15-2014, 11:28 PM
The one good thing about purging, is that you get rid of stuff that you probably should have thrown away. Underthings with worn out elastics, lace with threads missing, faded items, stuff that just didn't really fit, etc.. Because now you're just a little smarter, and can buy yourself nicer, better fitting things. Yes, it can get expensive, but again, this time around you have a better idea of what you need, as opposed to what you used to think you needed.....and how to take better care of it all. Happy shopping!

Lisa760
10-16-2014, 02:06 AM
I've had my stuff put away for a year and half knowing it was a bad idea to purge, when I finally got the urge to go out again half my make up dried up or leaked out of the bottles and half the clothes either didn't fit anymore or was out of style to go out in. I ended up buying a complete new set of clothes! that got expensive quick! I now look through second hand stores first before I head or the department stores.

Adriana Moretti
10-16-2014, 02:16 AM
I probably purged 3 or 4 times in my life....and each time I came back smarter and stronger .....I wont purge again...I realized this isnt going away....but I still do mini purges with stuff that dosent fit right anymore , or never looked good but I thought would.

Natasha1974
10-16-2014, 03:25 AM
I have purged a few times, but the last time, I saw common sense so to speak, and removed my bags from the trailer that was going to the tip. Best thing I could have done. I had lost a lot of great clothes, shoes and makeup from purges.

Cheryl T
10-16-2014, 10:00 AM
Been there, done that!
But then again haven't we all...

We all wish we had some of the things we have thrown away...but that is in the past and as the saying goes..."If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride".

Janine cd
10-16-2014, 09:50 PM
I've purged at least 4 times in the last ten years and have regretted it each time. I now remember to keep at least one outfit hidden away in case I change my mind (which I always seem to do). It does offer an opportunity to update one's wardrobe.

Kris Avery
10-16-2014, 10:20 PM
I never purge completely, I prune and try to have more discretion in my selections.
For me, this has helped a lot.

Ericaxd
10-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I didn't realize how much I missed being here and finding so much support. Love you all.

taylormercedes
10-17-2014, 10:42 AM
I've unfortunately had several purges, some voluntary and some involuntary (back when I was younger and my parents thought my dressing was an abomination, lol). My last purge was when I met my now wife. I told her about my last purge and she yelled at me. She said complained that I didn't tell her earlier, we could've saved some money. Like everyone else has said, you learn from purging.

Beverley Sims
10-17-2014, 01:27 PM
The only time I purge is when am on my travels.
I can't take the whole damn wardrobe with me. :)

Of course my stash is still there when I get back.

Ozark
10-17-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm going through a 'purge' mood right now, for the last couple of weeks.
My wife and I took a four month trip in our RV and I didn't bring any male pants or underwear.
Lots of elastic waist shorts, ladies t shirts and men's Columbia shirts.
I wore Vanity Fair gowns and pajamas to bed everynight.

One campground at Lake Mead was so hot and uncrowded we sat outside in panties and poured milk jugs of water over each other.

Well, since we got back home, I haven't had much of an urge to dress. I did bring a whole bunch of stuff I haven't worn to the thrift store this afternoon.

I've decided that everything that is not my size (like size Medium or Large) is going. I now wear a size 18 jeans and all my size 16 and 14 are going.

I've also decided that all my panties that don't have price tags on them are going also.

It may take me a while, but I'll get to it.

I purged twice before, in 1976 and 1988

Paige Winslow
10-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Goodwill rocks in Florida. Take your time and go through everything!