PDA

View Full Version : I have to wonder

Richelle
10-16-2014, 09:57 AM
After a long business trip, I was traveling home as “Richelle” and experienced the predictable delay at my first airport. So I went to airport bar/restaurant to get a bite to eat. When talking to the server, I mentioned that I did not mind the small delay as long as I make my connection. I told her that all I wanted to do after two weeks is to get home to my “husband”.

She asked where I was from and when I said Southern California, she got excited as she was planning on taking her first trip there in May. I of course then had to mention my favorite spot on earth, Sequoia National Park. I raved about the giant trees and that she could not fathom their size and age without going there. I even found some videos from National Geographic on my iPad to show her.

When she gave me the check, she said thanks for the tip and would definitely go there this May. She then gave me a hug to say thanks.

Now I have to wonder, if she would have given me that hug if I had been dressed as a male. Did she feel more comfortable with a stranger since she perceived me to be a woman?

Richelle

Kate Simmons
10-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Not necessarily. Some women exhibit an intuition with who they can express closeness to. :)

rachael.davis
10-16-2014, 10:46 AM
I get "huned" a lot by women lately, I'm not sure if it's a way of avoiding gender specific pronouns, but I kinda like it.

Beverley Sims
10-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Some actions are only conducted in a female/female interaction.

Recently I have had some affectionate hugs and rubs on the back being androgynously dressed.

Jenniferathome
10-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Perhaps you were more friendly to her in girl mode than as a male.

it seems reasonable that she may have perceived you as gay or a cross dresser or TG or all of them. In all cases, she was not hugging a strange "man" that could misread the hug as anything like a come on

kimdl93
10-16-2014, 04:33 PM
I doubt it would have mattered. She was responding to openness and kindness on your part.

candykowal
10-16-2014, 05:34 PM
I like the idea of emotional affection and love your story about your experience.
I think it's a way to express your femininity with one feminine person to another feminine person, no matter what gender you are.
Knowing you can express emotion without fear of being bigoted for your affectionate response is a comforting feeling!
I love to be hugged and give hugs, maybe a little more often when dressed feminine.
But I am a affectionate person in general and can hug anyone when in guy mode too.
Would she show you that emotion if you were a hard biker dude....maybe, but maybe much less likely.

Yoshisaur
10-16-2014, 05:52 PM
I think she would of hugged you male or female

BLUE ORCHID
10-16-2014, 07:53 PM
:daydreaming:Hi Rechille, , You are so right about the Sequoia trees standing at the base and looking up just takes your breath away.

Kim_Bitzflick
10-16-2014, 08:37 PM
I visited the sequoia's a few years ago. It is AWESOME.

As for the hug, I guess all you can do is go back there in male mode & see what she says/does...... OK I know this is not a practical suggestion.

Jackie7
10-17-2014, 09:30 AM
I get a lot more hugs en femme than en drab, from both men and women. Another good thing about being CD!

Richelle
10-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Perhaps you were more friendly to her in girl mode than as a male.

it seems reasonable that she may have perceived you as gay or a cross dresser or TG or all of them. In all cases, she was not hugging a strange "man" that could misread the hug as anything like a come on

Jennifer,

I think you are correct on both counts. I am beginning to think that I am more outgoing enfem and talk to sales clerks and servers more. Also, I think she felt safe giving the hug.

Richelle

Ally 2112
10-17-2014, 03:43 PM
No matter what the situation was i think it was great you got a hug Richelle :)