PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm about volunteering

jjjjohanne
10-16-2014, 07:47 PM
I want to find something constructive to do while on a crossdressing outing. I have a few ideas. Do you have any?

Working at a blood bank.
Working at an educational television fund raiser.
Helping at a small 'mom and pop' store.
Gift wrapping at a department store.

Any other ideas?

Terri Andrews
10-16-2014, 08:03 PM
I just started working at a local food bank.
I have been there twice and have been treated very well, i think they appreciate the help. It is held at a church and is not in my hometown and
i will begin ,at another church ,helping with meals on wheels next week. Good Luck ,it is a wonderful experence.

Kim_Bitzflick
10-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Toys for Tots
Soup kitchen on thanksgiving day
Habitat for Humanity

lingerieLiz
10-16-2014, 08:33 PM
I do things for neighbors such as give rides or fix things etc.

Kate Simmons
10-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Check with your local UU and MC churches. They are always happy to have TG folks volunteer for things in the community.:)

Michaelasfun
10-16-2014, 09:13 PM
How bout the local Humane Society? Only danger there is taking some of the residents home with you :)

JenniferR771
10-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Volunteer (or paid) help at a thrift store. Too obvious, I know--and the risk is huge--you might find something you really like! However they really appreciate someone with skills and education.

Ms Deidre
10-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Volunteering is great and a worthy past time however make sure you are doing it for the right reasons. First make sure it is something you truly believe in. Before you go and sign up ask yourself would I be doing this if I couldn't crossdress? If the answer is yes then go for it, if not then maybe your motives are not as good as they should be.

ChristinaK
10-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Great ideas. I wonder. They actually accept you the way you are? How cool is that? If I weren't working I'd try it.

Teresa
10-17-2014, 05:04 AM
Johanne, Not sure about some of your ideas, in the UK the blood bank staff are a nice group but I dion't know if a CDer would fit in ! Like wise reactions to helping in a mom & pop store may be misread !

I would love to run an art group totally open to anyone including CDers !
Some of the UK garden centres take on extra staff for the run up to Xmas, staff often wear costumes most things seem to go in some of them !
Charity shops may consider a CDer as a volunteer !

Beverley Sims
10-18-2014, 03:19 AM
I really think the only practical one may be serving at a charity store where you may even build up a clientele for them.
Television fundraiser maybe, but you would have to be outgoing and theatrical about it.

MsVal
10-18-2014, 08:46 PM
"Hi, my name is Val, and I'm a volunteerholic."

You can enjoy your hobbies and volunteer at the same time if you can find a hobby:volunteer connection.

flatlander_48
10-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Many Planned Parenthood centers have programs aimed at LGBT youth. They always need help in organizing and running things...