PDA

View Full Version : Any others reached their limits?

susan54
10-17-2014, 07:03 PM
I have been going out dressed for over 20 years and am quite relaxed about it. Though I do not think of myself as a woman, I still enjoy being addressed as Susan or Madam or Miss, and love the acting (because that is what it is). I have had holidays as Susan, gone to the theatre, had a stylist consultation, gone to concerts, dinner, had bra fittings, leg waxes, pedicures, manicures, and tried on and bought lots and lots of clothes - I have my favourite shops that always make me welcome. No more challenges left.
I recently had a change of work, going part-time at home, so now spend 4 whole days and three evenings a week fully dressed, though without make up and wig which I only ever use for going out. I had looked forward to extra opportunities to shop, even to doing my weekly grocery shop dressed.
You know what, it hasn't happened. I haven't been out of the house dressed since the start of July. I used to spend about £600 a month on womanswear and in the last 2 months my total spend is less than £200. I have a £50 voucher for the personal shopper at a major department store (for reasons too complex to go into, this has to be spent on womenswear) and I can't be bothered going to the trouble of it all.
This doesn't bother me. I will be better off financially by sticking to my extensive and wonderful wardrobe. I recently put a lot of garments to charity shops but I still have difficulty finding room for my 1000 skirts, 650 dresses, 1000 tops and 250 pairs of shoes and boots. The risk of being recognised out and about is eliminated. I know this is less fun, but I now feel I have done all that and I don't need to do it any more. Going out and buying more clothes holds no more attraction. I live on my own so I can't think of any reason for this change but for now I am content with the situation.

This is not something I recall seeing before on this site.

hope springs
10-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Nothing wrong with being content anf staying put. One could argue that is a goal, and not a problem to be solved. If in fact you have " done it all", then I say good for you and rest on your laurels.

Amanda L.
10-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Hi Susan
O.M.G.!
Wow what a collection of garments, how do you find time to care for them all?
Right I have gushed and got that out of the way.........but seriously WOW!
Ambivalence towards getting frocked up or going out on a shopping spree, I have found is no big deal. It has been written here many times that this seems to be part of a normal cycle. I think from time to time our male psyche likes to think he rules the roost (but we know different). I also think that once we get over the fact that we can be confident and comfortable in our female selves then the challenges may blur a little. Its a bit like landing an plane on an aircraft carrier, after the 600th landing its not scary anymore. ( a good friend told me that)
I have also found that something as simple as doing your nails can unleash all the excitement to get you back in the game. Having said this I realise I am in no position to comment. You are a lot more experienced than I am in this art. I guess you can sign off on a lot of competencies after 20 years.
Luv
Amanda
x

bimini1
10-17-2014, 09:36 PM
It seems to happen to a lot of us. Once you "arrive" there is nowhere else to go. As the great BB King says "The Thrill Is Gone".

docrobbysherry
10-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Thank u for the post Susan. I'm not trans, know I can't keep doing this forever, and wonder how it will all end?

Now, I know how it did for u!

jennifer_w
10-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks for sharing. I always wonder what will happen one day...

ophelia
10-17-2014, 10:58 PM
You do get to a point...don't you? It's been quite awhile for me to actually go out. And here it is, the best dressing season with cooler temperatures.
I've been working towards a Marylin Monroe look too. Next week, definitely next week!

KiwiKate
10-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Thank u for the post Susan. I'm not trans, know I can't keep doing this forever, and wonder how it will all end?

Now, I know how it did for u!

Just wondering why you think you can't do it forever?

Beverley Sims
10-18-2014, 02:22 AM
Susan,
I can see it is a been there done that situation you are in.
Be content and proud that you have achieved it.

Adriana Moretti
10-18-2014, 02:29 AM
I would like to make it across the world first before I get bored.....and even then....I would hope to find something to keep me entertained.

charlenesomeone
10-18-2014, 02:40 AM
I've got a long way to go to match your wardrobe.
I just like being me while dressed. Hope that never goes away.
I do the wig even alone, so passing a mirror I see a woman.

sometimes_miss
10-18-2014, 05:44 AM
I still have difficulty finding room for my 1000 skirts, 650 dresses, 1000 tops and 250 pairs of shoes and boots. The risk of being recognised out and about is eliminated. I know this is less fun, but I now feel I have done all that and I don't need to do it any more. Going out and buying more clothes holds no more attraction.
Wow, you must live in a warehouse or a clothing store. For me, I just wanted certain things to wear, and once I had them, simply didn't feel the need to buy more. Unlike real girls, we most often don't have an unlimited desire for a new outfit for every day of our lives.

Marcelle
10-18-2014, 05:51 AM
Hi Susan,

Not sure as I just starting dressing and presenting in public this last year . . . I have experienced a lot "en boy" so I am looking forward to experiencing most (not all) of what I have done "en boy" as Isha.

Hugs

Isha

EllenJo
10-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Wow that is some wardrobe! I cannot imagine owning that many clothes of any kind, but good for you if it makes you happy. I cannot help you on your question about hitting the limit because I am not there. I purchase something new about once a month. I have about 5 skirts, 7 blouses, a sweater dress and various lingere and shapewear items and I am happy wearing them. But that is just me. As Jenniferathome stated in another thread, purchase for the season and eliminate what is not in fashion. That is a wardrobe, perhaps going through all of your things and changing up a bit will reinvigorate you. Most girls here are still building their wardrobe but maybe you have passed into a major collection thing. Good luck and hope you get that feeling back someday.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Margot Emerson
10-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Not sure as I just starting dressing and presenting in public this last year . . . I have experienced a lot "en boy" so I am looking forward to experiencing most (not all) of what I have done "en boy" as Isha.

Isha

Isha, that's exactly where I'm at with this! Too many things to still do!!!!!

Wow Susan, that's quite a wardrobe! How do even know what you have? Congratulations! It really is all about being content. If you've found that place in your life, that's wonderful. However we define it, contentment would seem to be what we all are striving for.

natcrys
10-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Well.. you're very lucky that have had the development and the experiences you had and it's okay to just be content. :)

For me, I'm not fully out yet.. so I haven't done not even half of the things I'd like to do. So.. perhaps in a year of 20/30.. I might have that same feeling of content.. but not now! :)

kimdl93
10-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Only if and when I ever reach truly full time.

abby054
10-18-2014, 08:43 AM
The story is told of a man who sat on the dock daily, relaxing and watching the birds and the sea. A well-dressed fellow happens by and begins to upbraid the sitter for being indolent. The second fellow encourages the sitter to get up, get to work, and make something of himself.

The sitter asked, "OK, let's say that I do that and become successful and wealthy. Then what?"

"Why, you could sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself, of course!"

"What do you think I am already doing?"

CarlaWestin
10-18-2014, 09:33 AM
This is not something I recall seeing before on this site.

TXKimberley had a similar post about having done it all. HERE (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?196423-Just-about-done&highlight=) Maybe your next intriguing CD challenge could be having a full professional makeover and photoshoot for the express purpose of having a fabulous avatar and profile picture on this site. BTW, how many bras do you own?

susan54
10-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the replies. I still love getting dressed up at home. In theory I know my clothes because I have them all catalogued and photographed though I admit I occasionally come across stuff I had forgotten about. In answer to CarlaWestlin I don't know how many bras I have - I don't catalogue these and regard them as functional and necessary accompaniments to the clothes - tops just do not look good without good boobs in them and these need a bra - probably 100-125 but they are mainly very plain. I have indeed had professional makeovers but none of these was as good as the style/colour consultation that put me on an entirely new level of getting things right and gaining confidence. Going out takes a lot of planning and life is too short. I like having painted nails not the process of getting them or getting rid of them. I suppose I have reduced my dressing to what it is really about for me - wearing the clothes I love. Yes, feeling the breeze on your legs is lovely, getting very positive feedback on my outfit from a boutique owner is lovely too - but is it worth the effort. Actually, perhaps it is, so the old habits might not have died out, just taken a back seat. But going into the nicest boutiques is risky - there are so many lovely things available. MY favourite shop is perilously close to me and has unusual but expensive stuff. But I halready have so many lovely clothes, will a new dress costing £100 or even (if it is outstanding) £200 really make a difference to my life worth that amount of money? No. I have other passions in life, some of them equally expensive, all of them time-consuming, and many can be enjoyed while wearing my skirts and dresses. I am not complaining - this is a very good place to be - I am just surprised to have got here without even trying to. In answer to the questions about where I store things - I have a double wardrobe for skirts and shoes, another for dresses and shoes, and a walk-in wardrobe for everything else plus more dresses. The stuff I do not rate quite so highly is on rails in the loft. There is some hurried redistribution when a friend or relative comes to stay.

Teresa
10-19-2014, 06:57 AM
Susan before you started working from home being dressed still gave you that buzz, how did I look ? what did they think ? Now you don't get the same interaction only from your friend in the mirror !
You do have a lot of stuff so maybe you had more of a shopping problem than a CDing one !
Your profile doesn't mention your age so I can only assume now you are in total comfort zone ! I have some way to go despite being a CDer all my life I've only really started to explore it more since joining the forum !